Deleted member 26837

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sweet cheezus! I have been waiting for this for so long. Omnomnom on those higher quality cheeses for cheaper!

Great, as a Swede in Japan I've been looking forward to this. I wonder if snus is too much to hope for?

Just use Rakuten for Thunder if you need it quick, then use buysnus.com if you can wait a bit longer. (Hopefully in general the prices will go down on snus imports)

D65

Oct 26, 2017
This is amazing.

Japan lacks good pork specifically. This officially make Japan the best place to live.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
True. Japan sausages are bad. And the imported ones aren't that much better. Needs more flavour. My mom's husband makes his own and they are amazing. Maybe I should try that.

I always figured I could just make my own there. The worst thing is going to German markets and everything is just Frankfurter in different sizes.

IpKaiFung

Oct 27, 2017
Wales
So no import tariffs?

You'll still have to pay import VAT.
You won't have to pay import customs duties however if the goods come under this agreement.
but customs duty only comes into play on parcels over £135 in value and is usually a lower percentage (1 to 3 %) than the standard rate of VAT in the member state.
Doesn't mean much if you are a direct importer but it may be easier to buy Japanese goods in the eu as businesses maybe more open to import goods because the customs duties currently eat into their profit margins.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...tice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users
applicable rules for postal imports, rules are the same in other eu member states.
I think I need to point out that what a free trade arrangement does is that there will be an agreement between the EU and Japan that certain goods ( commodities) will now attract a 0% customs duty rate.
However to receive the preferential duty the supplier will need a preference document confirming that the goods meet the agreed rules of origin set out by the free trade arrangement.
A customs clearance declaration still needs to be completed for the goods to be allowed into free circulation.
If Japan agreed to join the customs union however then the goods could come to another member state without a customs clearance being required.
for more info about FTAs https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ade-arrangements-for-countries-outside-the-eu

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Oh great, another deal we will lose out on. Thanks Brexit.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we get French-Japanese anime co-productions again like all the ones we used to have in the 80s

Deleted member 17491

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And the agreement is officially signed: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-18-4526_en.htm

xxl.jpg

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
is there anything different about this agreement, or is it the usual corporations > citizens deal with dubious international "courts" with just a different country name inserted?

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess they had enough of Putin's poodle Trump stirring shit and calling them foes ᷅\_(ヅ)_/ ᷄
Now it is their time to be the bad guy probably.

is there anything different about this agreement, or is it the usual corporations > citizens deal with dubious international "courts" with just a different country name inserted?
Don't these contain a lot of protection for local industries? Like local specialties and stuff is brand protected.

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
The world's getting a lot smaller for that fantastic new 'Global Britain' the Tories keep talking about. What a joke.

Good on the EU and Japan though.