cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
The Eternals went back to their home planet.

The next Avengers movie can open with the Eternals all getting killed by the villain. You know...to "raise the stakes"...

giphy.gif

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Still can't believe Disney thought this would be a critical darling. It's BvS all over again. Now I'm expecting a great OW followed by a 2nd weekend plummet.
Well, we have this. Maybe they genuinely think this is some grand epic that would have scored an oscar.
I am curious about test screening tho, those definitely would have to been mixed.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The whole universe forgot about Solo.
I kinda liked that movie but I LOVED Emilia Clarke in it. One of the few Star Wars characters I liked.

The next Avengers movie can open with the Eternals all getting killed by the villain. You know...to "raise the stakes"...

giphy.gif
Sounds great to me, love raising the stakes!

...but now I'm wondering if this movie will end with THE ETERNALS WILL RETURN. But I'll want to see the movie first ofc

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Well, we have this. Maybe they genuinely think this is some grand epic that would have scored an oscar.
I am curious about test screening tho, those definitely would have to been mixed.

Yeah a lot of the PR talk used to drum up hype for this movie, from within Marvel, and elsewhere, is backfiring big time.

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks that the first rotten is from a non white femal director with a diverse cast but what can you do.

Will be interesting to see what marvel takes away from this but they will probably wait to see how tje boxoffice does

It really does suck and Marvel will probably shuffle some things around to not include a diverse cast anymore because they might think the reviews reflect it. At least we get to celebrate the first rotten Marvel movie which is more important..../S

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
They definitely won't use all of these guys again, but you are kidding yourselves if you think they are just going to abandon them completely after this - we just had a cameo from Abomination from the Hulk movie like a few months ago. They'll pop up somewhere.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It really does suck and Marvel will probably shuffle some things around to not include a diverse cast anymore because they might think the reviews reflect it. At least we get to celebrate the first rotten Marvel movie which is more important..../S
Black panther made like 1.4 billion I doubt the takeaway at marvel HQ is to stop casting minorities.

Raigor

Banned
May 14, 2020

if they think the movie tanked critically because of having several minorities then lol they deserve nothing.

When BP made 1.4b and Shang-Chi did >$500m, it's hardly a minority "issue".

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
I don't even think the cast from this movies is THAT diverse like that deserve some kind of celebration. It seems similar to the Spiderman movies in term of diversity.

May 18, 2018
Still waiting on a Hispanic/Latino lead Marvel Movie.
Hope the Moon Knight T.V show becomes popular enough to get their own movie.

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018

Reading this after the less than flattering critical reception gives it light to a new interpretation. The movie surely is crushing it, just not in a good way.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reading this after the less than flattering critical reception gives it light to a new interpretation. The movie surely is crushing it, just not in a good way.

No way in hell would Disney have let critics review it this early if they had any inkling this might be a dud.

Again this feels like BVS where the studio genuinely honestly thought they had a prestige picture on their hands and were completely blindsided by the critical thrashing.

May 14, 2021
I'm one of those weirdos who thinks most of the MCU films have been either boring or just plain shit. I have a feeling I'll like Eternals. I'll find out day 1…on Disney Plus.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
WW84 deserves, like, 20% on Rotten Tomatoes or lower. No idea what critics were smoking when they watched that film.
20% it should be 0 I don't know how can anyone watch this and think there is something good in it. It was terrible at every level, story, characters, acting, direction visuals, and even music.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
What if...they strike a deal with Sony and give each Eternal a Spidey mask in post-edit? It could save the movie.