bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Friend bionic77 , we could of been billionaires hustling off of MJ if we had tried to.
Money won off of that bald bum would be a million times more satisfying than anything I have earned.

Ewing and Barkley both would've had rings had Mike not been around, kinda feel bad for em
Ewing was a loser. He made it to the Finals and was on some good teams. He never came through. He is the reason he is ringless.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017

EXJICgMWAAIfR47

i'm dying rn

Would Jordan be the type to use burner accounts?

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Quarters is a game you play when you're sitting around with crew and nothing to do. Basically the time when modern players stick their face in their phone

Last edited:

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I really dont want this doc to ever end. Its hitting all the right notes and filling the void left by the NBA season

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
here are some amazing stats that you won't even find in the doc...............Jimmy smacking it down hard as to why michael is the god damn GOAT and its not even close.

JackBauer24

Oct 28, 2017
Next week the lame conspiracy theories about why he left should be shutdown once and for all. Also I remember a lot of the stuff that was going on, but for some reason I didn't pay attention to it.

* Orlando lifting Horace on their shoulders after they took Chicago out in 95.
* The look MJ made walking off the podium after receiving his medal in 92.
* The tenacity against Majerle.
* MJ giving the media the silent treatment.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The amount of money Jordan must have gotten per second just by wearing those shoes must have been crazy.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Probably the best two episodes last night. That Dream Team scrimmage was so good. They really started to flex with the footage.

Those 92' and 93' teams were so good too. Probably peek Bulls. BJ Armstrong with the "Jordan wasn't playing basketball anymore, he had just learned how to win" Damn.

RIP Clyde.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking about nickels, we used to play Flipz at the bus stop on waiting for the school bus, anyone played it?
Basically 1 person flips a coin, and a second person flips a coin and wins if he matches the side.
EX Person 1 flips and gets Heads, Person 2 gets the coin when he flips a Heads.

But them flipping coins at the wall is hilarious

Last edited:

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact, the house they showed MJ driving out of at the end of the episode with the 23 on the gate is up for sale.

Zillow link

9 beds, 19 bathrooms; $14,855,000
Been for sale since 2012.

Who wants to go in on it? I'll put $10 in.

IIRC at one point the original asking price was over $20 mil. I think Jordan offered an entire set of Air Jordans as well.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

previously recommended it but

Dream Team: How Michael, Magic, Larry, Charles, and the Greatest Team of All Time Conquered the World and Changed the Game of Basketball Forever: McCallum, Jack: 9780345520494: Books - Amazon.ca

Dream Team: How Michael, Magic, Larry, Charles, and the Greatest Team of All Time Conquered the World and Changed the Game of Basketball Forever: McCallum, Jack: 9780345520494: Books - Amazon.ca

worth the buy/read!

also more on the scrimmage (yes, i know supporting si sucks, but it's worth the read)
www.si.com

Jack McCallum: Dream Team scrimmage greatest game nobody ever saw

You have a tape?" Michael Jordan asks. "Of that game?" "I do," I say. "Man, everybody asks me about that game," he says. "It was the most fun I ever had on a

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
One thing I've noticed is that MJ knows he's the star and GOAT, but he also knows he needs the rest of the team to actually win. It's not just him.

I feel like every time Lebron James is brought up it's always about him, and there's no real "team". But I don't pay that much attention so maybe it's just what I get from snippets.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
Jordan such a dick to Clyde.

To paraphrase Woody in True Detective, Michael Jordan is the Michael Jordan of assholes.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I've noticed is that MJ knows he's the star and GOAT, but he also knows he needs the rest of the team to actually win. It's not just him.

I feel like every time Lebron James is brought up it's always about him, and there's no real "team". But I don't pay that much attention so maybe it's just what I get from snippets.

We can thank Dean Smith and Phil Jackson for this.

If LeBron had been coached by those guys at a young age... good lord.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Finding out that the Dream Team came about because the USA was getting beat in international basketball was hilarious. I had no idea that a call went out for the Avengers to assemble due to Team USA losing games.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Tony Kukoc part of the story was dope. I didn't know he was being targeted by MJ and Pippen. And he came back, played hard, and earned their respect.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Finding out that the Dream Team came about because the USA was getting beat in international basketball was hilarious. I had no idea that a call went out for the Avengers to assemble due to Team USA losing games.

Last year with our college kids competing against other pros. Now 2004 on the other hand has no excuse

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished episodes 5 and 6. Goddamn. Next week should bring the feels HARD as we are juuuust about up to MJ's father's murder and his first retirement, something I'm certain they will intertwine with winning the 1996 title on Father's Day.