_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
I usually use Youtube videos and podcasts to be played as noise when i'm playing games to not get bored of them. I can't think of playing quick plays in Overwatch or Binding of Isaac without some youtube videos in the second screen. And i'm running short on videos to listen.

Since i'm a fan of those essay like videos and eventual lists, my subscription feed doesnt update so often as i need tonot having to rewatch those videos. So i as you to reccomend me some channels that match alike what i'm suscribed. Doesn't need to be gaming, but pop culture, wrestling and anime may work for a bit and help.

So, what channels im suscribed to and want to get more: Well, i really LOVE british channels specially when are in gamedesign, scripted game commentary or gaming history like Gaming Brit, Hugbox, Post Mesmeric, Turbo Button, Hyper Bit Hero, Writing on Games, Game Maker's Toolkit, Core-A Gaming, Gaming Historian, . Also, i love that they have great personality without trying too hard and don't mind that they don't upload daily or even weekly, like ProJared, PeanutButter, Digibro, MOther's Basement, Haedox, Pushing Up Roses, Rebel Taxi... Also, for spanish community, i'm spanish speaker so spanish channels are welcome as well.

I've just listed some f the channels i'm more of a fan of, if someone could suggest me and show more channels in advance. Thanks for reading in advance.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
I marathoned Errant Signals content not long ago. He's really entertaining, even if you don't agree with his views he doesn't come off as self-righteous.

Llazy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Joseph Anderson He has great video essays I like his one on the new mario it goes really in depth

baberunisei

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really like Game Sack and My Life in Gaming. Especially if you're somewhat interested in retro gaming, give them a look

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
LGR (Lazy Gaming Reviews) is in particular a retro PC gamer's paradise, and he's quite low-key about it in the midst of his corny joke throwing, or while churning out insightful tech facts or showing off thrift store grabs or yes, actually reviewing a game. In any case he's great. Also famous for his prominence in the The Sims community, though that's become less noticeable after The Sims 4's release, even if he is still a fan of the series. ^^'

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ahoy
Kim Justice
Stop Skeletons From Fighting

All three do video game documentaries.
Ahoy does mostly history of gaming overall, as well as classic series and iconic weapons used in games. Also super high production value.
Kim Justice focuses on European gaming on the various computer systems, as well as Sega.
SSFF is all over the place lol.

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
Noah Caldwell is definitely my favorite gaming editorial YouTuber. His analysis goes deep into what he thinks does and doesn't work in a game and why, while not coming off as too negative or judgemental in his criticisms. He does a great job of talking about both the design of a game and its story and setting. He's done some good franchise retrospectives and comparison pieces between similar kinds of games. I really can't recommend him enough.

Here's one that I specifically liked a lot:

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
May I suggest one I am a part of? [if it's not allowed, I will remove it]

I make videos for Famicom Dojo. We have been doing this for over 10 years. Most of them are informative videos, but there are lots of different types and to the OP, there is a podcast as well.

For example, her is one we did about the Famicom Data Recorder:

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I usually use Youtube videos and podcasts to be played as noise when i'm playing games to not get bored of them. I can't think of playing quick plays in Overwatch or Binding of Isaac without some youtube videos in the second screen. And i'm running short on videos to listen.

Since i'm a fan of those essay like videos and eventual lists, my subscription feed doesnt update so often as i need tonot having to rewatch those videos. So i as you to reccomend me some channels that match alike what i'm suscribed. Doesn't need to be gaming, but pop culture, wrestling and anime may work for a bit and help.

So, what channels im suscribed to and want to get more: Well, i really LOVE british channels specially when are in gamedesign, scripted game commentary or gaming history like Gaming Brit, Hugbox, Post Mesmeric, Turbo Button, Hyper Bit Hero, Writing on Games, Game Maker's Toolkit, Core-A Gaming, Gaming Historian, . Also, i love that they have great personality without trying too hard and don't mind that they don't upload daily or even weekly, like ProJared, PeanutButter, Digibro, MOther's Basement, Haedox, Pushing Up Roses, Rebel Taxi... Also, for spanish community, i'm spanish speaker so spanish channels are welcome as well.

I've just listed some f the channels i'm more of a fan of, if someone could suggest me and show more channels in advance. Thanks for reading in advance.
Northernlion has like 3000 videos of Isaac. He also does a lot of other indie games and games his subscribers want him to do on his Sunday streams.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cool Ghosts is a great channel by Matt Lees and Quintin Smith. It doesn't get many mentions over here but I just love it.

The thing is, the channel is updated very infrequently lately. It's still worth the effort as no one is doing anything like this:

conman

Oct 27, 2017
I was a fan of Noclip before he decided to just start shilling for publishers (see his recent, uh, "documentary" on Bethesda).

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
These are all pretty random from my list, Matt Chat might of interest for the game developer interviews on game design or Indigo for really long game essays

ClassicGamerDave for his Thief 1 Gold Let's Play and other stuff
Matt Chat (Matt Barton) lot's of interviews with developers on game design, also long form play reviews of mostly RPGs or Classics
ggmanlives - lot's of reviews for mainly FPS Singleplayer games
IndigoGaming - Game Analysis, Video Essays, and Retrospectives
PushingUpRoses - commentary and reviews for retro games

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
If you're into Pokemon, I really enjoy False Swipe Gaming
They go over how competitive Pokemon are in the pro circuits.
Here is an example:

EDIT

Also try out Caddicarus - I think he'll fit your description of what you like really well.

OP
OP
_zoipi

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Thank you guys. I've wandered and subscribed to nearly all of them.

You've recomended some i already had like BunnyHop, GameSack or Pushing Up Roses (Which i mentioned, lol). But it's great to see more content like that, taken in different ways.

I assume A.I Games is your alley? She played some popular games such as FNAF, RE7, etc.

Everyone but her.

I liked them until they started to make Extra History and not upload the videos in a totally different channel. They bloated my feed. History is not a theme i'm speacially fond off.

Last edited:

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ahoy used to make excellent in-depth weapon guides for CoD (especially MW2) but now makes absolutely mind blowing video game documentaries, some about weapons too, but I especially like this one about Polybius:

His most recent one is about The Secret of Monkey Island.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Here are some channels that I'd recommend:

Super Bunnyhop
Errant Signal
Noah Caldwell-Gervais
Matthewmatosis
Joseph Anderson
supergreatfriend
Hbomberguy
Retsupurae
Easy Allies

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Matthewmatosis was mentioned, great.

Others do add:

GVMERS - makes those great "The Rise and Fall of ..." videos
People Make Games - Chris Bratt's - former Eurogamer video editor especially known for "Here's a thing" - channel about stories surrounding games and their makers.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somecallmejohnny is a big fave of mine.

He's a very fair reviewer who is funny without(usually) going into a screaming rage.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shameless self-promo and all that, but I humbly submit my channel for your enjoyment. I found my groove doing a series called "My Favorite Games" where I basically pick games I really enjoy from any era and I talk about where I was when they came out and why I love them. Recently, I've also begun looking at old issues of PSM Magazine, starting with the first issue in September 1997. You get to look at every page with me as I call things out or reminisce a bit, then I link to a video of one of the games I played from each issue. I'm only up to issue #5 right now, but I'm working on this at my own pace and trying to at least do a new one every month. I have issues all the way up to 2001 so I plan on trucking along until I've gone through all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/user/unoillnino

If its not what you're looking for, that's cool but I wanted to share.

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I was a fan of Noclip before he decided to just start shilling for publishers (see his recent, uh, "documentary" on Bethesda).
The content in Noclip has always felt too "clean" to me, frankly. But I'd still recommend the channel because there is simply not much else out there with these interviewees "candidly" with such high quality.

Some much smaller Youtubers and personal favorite recommendations of mine:

Men Drinkin' Coffee

Kris Takahashi

Mod author of popular Skyrim and Fallout files — tutorials, let's plays, podcasts

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NoClip has some AWESOME gaming documentaries. I've been sucked in they are very high quality and gives you some great insight into the studios. The most recent on is actually about Bethesda and Fallout 76 and how it came to be.

Digital Foundry is another great one, not only is it posted on here a lot as the premier trailer breakdown and tech breakdown page but it's just awesome. They go in depth on every trailer to see what's going on behind the scenes. They also like to do like old E3 or conference rewatches which I enjoy quite a bit.

Those are the two main ones I look at there's a few more including on that goes into detail on cancelled game projects and troubled developments but I forgot the name maybe someone here can jog my memory.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I really like Kinda Funny Games because they post content every day. Greg can be a bit loud and annoying on occasion but they're generally a fun group.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Kim Justice is a good pick. In terms of other British YTers (I'm personally subbed to) I think there's Slope's Game Room and Digi Valentine. Slope does more general overview of videogame series. Digi Valentine is more video game character analysis but he's pretty great regardless, I really love his Street Fighter videos

I also think SoberDwarf is pretty good at game design analysis, though I don't think he's British.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Game Theory is fun. Just avoid the "SCIENCE" ones. That's by a different guy and he screams too much.

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
DSPGaming/Darksydephil ;)
giphy.gif

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
I second Game Sack for (mostly) retro goodness. It can be cheesy, but they seem self-aware enough.

Whilst i'm not a fan of lists as videos, I enjoy most of Outside Xbox/Outside Xtra. Again, quite cheesy at times, and they only seem to cite like 5 games for their lists, but good production and quite fun. And they're British and Jane is awesome.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
One guy I like who isn't well known is Dustin Kreis. More of a vlogger, but that's become a style I almost prefer now.

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017
These are some i'm subscribed to. I've bolded the ones I really like.

Gamesack / Digital Foundry / Easy Allies / ProJared / Gaming Historian (so good....) / Kinda Funny Games (mainly just for games daily) / *Censored*: Side Quest / MetalJesus / Giantbomb / AngryJoe / NoClip / Arlo.

I also subscribe to a lot of game specific creators. I'll have to bookmark this thread since I'm always looking for different gaming channels.