• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
Just quit that shit job
This, OP. You mention so often how difficult your industry is, and how much of a toil it has taken not only on you, but on those around you and those before you. You've convinced yourself that the industry you're in will destroy all people within it, and you need to get out of it. You can do so much better for yourself, beyond that job. You can do it, OP.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what to do.

I'm tired of trying again. I can kill myself and all the pain will be over. The pain never goes away. The fear never goes away. The constant pain of being alive. Of waking up.

There's no one I want to see, there's no place I want to go.

No one understands everything I've been through except for me. No one gets how painful life is. It never abates.

For a few.minutes I almost felt safe.

For one instant I almost felt like I had a permanent home, like I almost had a future.

This company wants to use me so it limits my options. It cuts off my future indiscriminately.

If I.kill myself I.will be the second cook here to.kill themselves.

I am.done talking.to.the hotline.

I really don't want to talk to anyone. Everyone is safe looking down. Telling.me the past doesn't repeat, but it does over and over again. People like me die all the time for.the same reasons. Someone like me.will die for the same reasons again.

The world is an awful, ugly place. My suicide is a fact of life. It's a lesson you learn to keep you in place. I was once the homeless that are spit on.

It doesn't ever get better. It does for some. You people are exceptional.

Thank you.

I am not.

I am the rule.

I am the story someone tells of a mistake.

I want to die, more than I want to kiss someone, more than I want a child, more than I want a friend. These are all things I can't ever even begin to dream of.

I just live with nothing, crawling, every single day crawling to.work, crawling home, crawling to school, fighting with all of my heart, and then the floor just gets ripped away from under me.

I don't want what you have anymore, I don't want what you offer anymore, as everyone is of life. I'm tired of the things I should want being held above my head like a prize, only to have them yanked away each time.

You found your reason. I never found mine.

I just want someone to tell me it's okay to die
I am so, so tired.

I don't want to fight your wars anymore.

I'm sorry a million times, like we used to say as kids.

I'm just really ready to go to sleep. I wish I could wake up one more day and be happy, but I can't.

I wish I could wake up happy.

You're in a state that is beyond therapy or hotlines. You need emergency medication and hospitalization to stabilize you and monitor you and then after that maybe therapy and medication tweaks can help you to stop painting the world in such dismal brushstrokes. Right now you can't see anything. You can't see how much it would hurt the people around you to have to bury you.

Please admit yourself into a clinic immediately before you do anything irreversible.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My psychiatrist just added lithium to my daily regimen of lexapro to get me away from a very critical state. Whereas before I'd think about killing myself a few times a day, now I am 99% free of suicidal thoughts.

There's help OP. You gotta work the resources that are there to help you figure out what you need to get better.

I'm on the lowest dose of lithium and it is life-changing.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
LexingtonKruger please immediately call your friend you were planning to see, talk to her. If you can't then some member of your family that you like, or any friend that you can just speak to or physically see right now. You need to be in the company of other people right away, if you don't have a friend or family you can immediately speak to then go to a clinic for medical assistance.

El_TigroX offered to meet up for a coffee or beer, why not even take that offer?

This is your priority right now, stay with us. Anyone.

Suicide is never the answer, you need to get through tonight first and put aside everything else. Deal with that tomorrow. But right now don't do anything that would be permanent.

You matter to people in ways you wouldn't even imagine, and you can beat this. Please stay with us.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the people suggesting you apply for Medicaid while going back to school full time on loans. You're smart, you said you were getting all A's, that's nothing to scoff at. I dropped out of college because it wasn't for me but you seem like you could do well there while getting your life on track. You don't need to keep this job for the insurance. New York State has a really great Medicaid program. I was on it this time last year. You have plenty of options other than just ending things here. You're bright and you're still young, you've got so much potential. Depression and anxiety both fucking suck. I've been dealing with them for years but it's only this past year that I feel like I'm starting to improve, after almost a decade of feeling worse and worse week over week. Things can get better. I know it doesn't look that way right now but it absolutely can. I believe in you.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Hey OP, thanks for posting this. I'm just another voice on the internet that sometimes feels the same way, but reading people's responses to you was kind of what I didn't realise I needed this evening. Whatever happens to you in the future, however you feel, your choice to reach out made a difference in my life today, and I appreciate it. Finger hearts and ghost hugs, buddy.

OP
OP
Mar 9, 2018
I agree with the people suggesting you apply for Medicaid while going back to school full time on loans. You're smart, you said you were getting all A's, that's nothing to scoff at. I dropped out of college because it wasn't for me but you seem like you could do well there while getting your life on track. You don't need to keep this job for the insurance. New York State has a really great Medicaid program. I was on it this time last year. You have plenty of options other than just ending things here. You're bright and you're still young, you've got so much potential. Depression and anxiety both fucking suck. I've been dealing with them for years but it's only this past year that I feel like I'm starting to improve, after almost a decade of feeling worse and worse week over week. Things can get better. I know it doesn't look that way right now but it absolutely can. I believe in you.

Someone mentioned metro care plus but my current psychiatrist refuses to take it.
I just feel totally beat man, like how could they think it's okay to make me do both
. If I take out student loans it will be for like 20000 a year minimum. How do I do It?

I just previously requested loan money and it was given rather quickly unsubsidized. I'm terrified.
Hey OP, thanks for posting this. I'm just another voice on the internet that sometimes feels the same way, but reading people's responses to you was kind of what I didn't realise I needed this evening. Whatever happens to you in the future, however you feel, your choice to reach out made a difference in my life today, and I appreciate it. Finger hearts and ghost hugs, buddy.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love this. That's what I'll do.

I can still get unemployment hopefully.

You know man, having a shit job can be fucking heavy on the mind. After all, when you work full time, minus the time you sleep, you almost spend more time there than time at your home and shit. Working somewhere you like or at least its environment will make you appreciate life much more.

Don't give up, you're ridiculously young and life has a buttful of shit to offer (in a good way lol). Live on and I bet you won't regret it. You know, life doesn't change from a day to the other. Chill, take a break, evaluate and talk to people. Just like when you asked for help when you made this thread. Worst case, move, reset your life somewhere else instead of ending it.

The options are so vast, don't kill yourself.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand OP, I can't say to you that suicide isn't the answer because that would be hypocritical of me but I do understand. Try to talk to someone, workout/sweat/run, and just take a day off without care in the world. Those thing helped me during my down times

If you need to vent or someone to talk to don't hesitate to enter Mental Health OT, lots of great folks there.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
You're in a state that is beyond therapy or hotlines. You need emergency medication and hospitalization to stabilize you and monitor you and then after that maybe therapy and medication tweaks can help you to stop painting the world in such dismal brushstrokes. Right now you can't see anything. You can't see how much it would hurt the people around you to have to bury you.

Please admit yourself into a clinic immediately before you do anything irreversible.

Absolutely this. Seeking a hospital will help you be able to regroup & establish new plans like quitting your job & finding a plan for you to receive your meds while you determine where you go from there.

Oct 27, 2017
I love this. That's what I'll do.

I can still get unemployment hopefully.
Sometimes you just have to. I'm leaving the job I've been doing and the country I've been living in in 4 days to try and get a new start. It could end up being the worst decision I've ever made but it could also be the best... Won't know till do it though.

Sometimes you just have to take the hit to see if you can do better.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
How are you feeling today OP, I hope you are doing ok?

I suffer with episodes of depression and anxiety regularly, also have had suicidal thoughts on occasions.

I hope that you are able to seek out the help that you need and get the help that you need.

Oct 25, 2017
México
LexingtonKruger

I would like to talk to you here in this thread and getting to know you better. Sorry for my English. I know it's not perfect but I'm trying.

So, you are a cook? What kind of food? Do you like being a cook?

Maybe you can try to open a small business instead of working for someone else. We can share ideas of food you could make. Something to look forward.

OP
OP
Mar 9, 2018
So an update. I attended my first day of class and was scared by the timetable of one class being that it ended at 9 on the day that will eventually be before work starts.

So I dropped it, which means I'm no longer going full time. So I'm no longer eligible for subsidized loans.

Then I had a panic attack where I thought I accidentally unrolled from all my classes. Then I cried thinking I couldn't do school and work full-time.

So now I've just been praying that on monday everyone gets back to me regarding the job search.

I feel so totally alone and afraid. I'm trying to shake the fear but it's like a panic attack.

I just finished riding the subway and I felt like everyone was such a total stranger and the world was so cold.

I don't know what to do.

LexingtonKruger

I would like to talk to you here in this thread and getting to know you better. Sorry for my English. I know it's not perfect but I'm trying.

So, you are a cook? What kind of food? Do you like being a cook?

Maybe you can try to open a small business instead of working for someone else. We can share ideas of food you could make. Something to look forward.

Thank you. I don't really like to cook it's just been the industry I found myself in as I had no other opportunities.

I wish I could talk positively about it but I'm scared everyday I go to work as a cook.

I would like to open a small place if I could, but it would be more if I had to.

Last edited:

Deleted member 22649

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for keeping us updated. Please make sure you're keeping the basics covered: eat right, exercise, and meditate. Writing these updates counts for the meditation part. None of this stuff solves your problems, it just helps you be stronger when the problems come.

stone616

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I work in the restaurant industry. At a place where a previous worker already committed suicide.

I'm terrified everyday I go into work. I'm terrified to do the job. I've made this clear to management. I have symptoms similar to ptsd from years of working in very scary environments.

I was attempting to get an education. I fought for twelve long years to be able to find a job that allowed me to go to school.

Well, I'm going to lose my job.

I live paycheck to paycheck. I made a vow if I was homeless again I would kill myself. I'm 28.

Due to a very difficult life and several suicide attempts already I'm not really afraid anymore.

I'm going to go to the George Washington bridge and jump.

I have a therapist, a psychiatrist, and a counselor. So people can't say I didn't try.

I wrote a book I hope to post the day before I attempt.

If there was some alternate means, of taking out huge loans to fund education or military service I would take them.

I always come to this choice of suicide or an incredibly miserable life. Like I either have to be homeless or I have to fight for my life everyday at work.

I'm very tired. I have a little brother I'll be sad to leave, but I can't continue to fight anymore, to only experience suffering.

I managed one semester of school.
Community College, I took five classes and got five a's while working part time. I'm proud of that, but it's all I had left you know.

https://www.businessinsider.com/rich-and-famous-people-who-were-homeless-2014-8
Some very successful people were at one point homeless. What if Jennifer Lopez, Daniel Craig or Steve Harvey killed themselves when they were homeless. What would they have robbed themselves of? We can only answer that now because they didn't do so. What will you rob yourself of if you do?

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Just read through everything and it made me cry. I believe in you to fhe fullest OP.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Talk with financial aid about getting money for school. I know that figuring out how to pay for school can be an awful thing, but it's not unmanageable.

If need be, talk to your school's disability services office and try to see if you can get an exemption to go to school fill time with less than the usual credit hours. Lots of schools offer that kind of thing and it can help a lot.

Also, if you do end up going full time, whether by exemption or not, look into part time work at the school. You should qualify for work study, and that helps a lot.

Hold in there! Have you in my thoughts : )

OP
OP
Mar 9, 2018
Talk with financial aid about getting money for school. I know that figuring out how to pay for school can be an awful thing, but it's not unmanageable.

If need be, talk to your school's disability services office and try to see if you can get an exemption to go to school fill time with less than the usual credit hours. Lots of schools offer that kind of thing and it can help a lot.

Also, if you do end up going full time, whether by exemption or not, look into part time work at the school. You should qualify for work study, and that helps a lot.

Hold in there! Have you in my thoughts : )

I am already going full time basically. Minus 1 credit. I didn't realize, if I understand what you're saying, I can have them consider that as full-time to keep me on subsidized loans.

I can pay for school with unsubsidized loans but then it's a question of housing.

Work study won't work as it's first come first serve so I would probably have to wait until next year to be eligible.

I wish I could be more positive.

I found a job that may offer part time work fitting my needs. I'm going to stage on Friday and see if I get it.

Grigorig

Oct 30, 2017
Keep fighting dude, there's always options. If you're completely down and out there are organisations out there that will provide room and board in exchange for (basically) full time volunteering work.

OP
OP
Mar 9, 2018
I don't want to say anything to anyone but I'm going to kill myself soon. I just want to disappear you know.

I don't want to say goodbye.

I just started school and I'm not doing good. I just don't have enough time this semester. There is a ton of reading I just don't have time for.

I'm tired, and I've been having violent panic attacks.

I think about cutting classes.

It's hard. I'm not sure if it's just anxiety.

My classes are very open ended as opposed to the ones last semester.

I plan on going to the George Washington bridge and jumping. I'm just very tired.

I got five a's once. I also got four a's once. People told me I was smart.

I'm just so tired.

My work and stuff you know.

I'm really tired. I'd love to go to sleep. Wake up happy.

Yeah I'm really tired. I want to go to sleep. Wake up happy.

-Williams last words

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
I don't want to say anything to anyone but I'm going to kill myself soon. I just want to disappear you know.

I just started school and I'm not doing good. I just don't have enough time this semester. There is a ton of reading I just don't have time for.

I plan on going to the George Washington bridge and jumping. I'm just very tired.

I'm just so tired.

-Williams last words
Don't do it, OP.Live is worth living.Trust me on this.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017

I'm just so tired.

-Williams last words
We are here for you. You are not alone. This phase will go away at some point and you will arrive at the other side thinking how you could even consider killing your self. Hold tight, DO NOT give up please.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you are posting this shows that you care, and deep down you don't really want to do this. 1-800-273-8255 cal this number. Talk to someone.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Lex are you taking anything to help you deal with your anxiety? It seems like it builds up and sneak attacks you almost and you have trouble. There is definitely anxiety involved and you're not alone, there are ways that can be found the help deal with it.

You've stuck it out so well so far, don't give up.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
It will get better. You're experiencing pain because you're pushing yourself to grow.

Pain seems like it will last forever, but it won't. Today will pass, this week will pass, this semester will pass.

Call a professional.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
Panic attacks suck, but learn about them. Learn why they occur. Why your Brain does this. It can always be beaten. Talk to people about them. You are never alone. Just a simple phone call to the number above and there will be someone there to listen to you. Never give up! Never surrender!
My sister went from someone who was decimated by Panic attacks and depression to becoming a top psychology teacher who lectures in universities. She wanted to learn why she felt like she did. With the knowledge came understanding and with that an ability to cope.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

I'm just so tired.

-Williams last words
Call the suicide helpline please.

OP
OP
Mar 9, 2018
Lex are you taking anything to help you deal with your anxiety? It seems like it builds up and sneak attacks you almost and you have trouble. There is definitely anxiety involved and you're not alone, there are ways that can be found the help deal with it.

You've stuck it out so well so far, don't give up.

I'm taking brexiprazole 3mg, 45mg remeron,.1mg clonodine, and I take 4mg of cyproheptadine whenever I start to panic but it doesn't always work.

I don't want to talk or reach out I just feel so tired I want to just die.

Yesterday I had another nosebleed at work. I have anemia.

I'm going to walk to the bridge. It's going to be a very hard walk.

I want it to be over so bad.

Shizola

Nov 1, 2017

I'm just so tired.

-Williams last words

I never intended to make any posts here, but I have to say please don't kill yourself. Whatever situation you're in, there are people out there that can help you. Your life can turn around incredibly quickly.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm just so tired.

-Williams last words

Hey Lexington, having to deal with a combination of anxiety and panic attacks can definitely be difficult, but we're here for you and we can help you figure out how to tackle those. It's great that you're taking medications to help out already. Have you talked to your doctor about the effects that these are having for you? Do you have any coping mechanisms that you can use in the moment while you wait for the medication to kick in? If not, that's okay! We can help you find some that can work for you

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
If you're posting those thoughts then you're going through the worst of the process , but you will come out the other side .
When I've had these thoughts I used to start outlining what last things I'd say to people. I'd write out everything I ever felt for them, I'd thank them for being a part of the little joy I've felt in my life . As I'd write this I'd realize that taking such considerations meant I still cared on some level and that alone was enough to not check out forever .
I tell people if we were all at birth given a button that , once we turned 18 or something, we would be able to push to just disappear , that I would've pushed it already dozens and dozens and dozens of times in my life. I am glad such a thing doesn't exist.
Please keep writing and posting here, please, just air everything inside out along with us.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm taking brexiprazole 3mg, 45mg remeron,.1mg clonodine, and I take 4mg of cyproheptadine whenever I start to panic but it doesn't always work.

Please man listen to us.

Things WILL get better. You might think there is nothing that can be done but there are plenty. Get help and you won't regret it. In a couple of months you will be glad you didn't go through with it.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017

You've got fatigue, and I can understand that. Especially when you have been working at it for so long. Ending it all won't fix things. It just takes them away from you including your choice and even your right to make mistakes...you don't deserve that.

But you do need a break and you deserve one. And some recognition for not giving up and trying, and what you got instead are some bad results from your grades. and it sucks and it hurts.
Can you take a day off from work and school for some self care?

Take some time, turn the heat up, sleep in for some netflix binging, take a bubble bath, cook yourself a good hot breakfast for lunch, turn up some music that you love. Surround yourself with smells and sounds and sensations that are good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mar 9, 2018
If you're posting those thoughts then you're going through the worst of the process , but you will come out the other side .
When I've had these thoughts I used to start outlining what last things I'd say to people. I'd write out everything I ever felt for them, I'd thank them for being a part of the little joy I've felt in my life . As I'd write this I'd realize that taking such considerations meant I still cared on some level and that alone was enough to not check out forever .
I tell people if we were all at birth given a button that , once we turned 18 or something, we would be able to push to just disappear , that I would've pushed it already dozens and dozens and dozens of times in my life. I am glad such a thing doesn't exist.
Please keep writing and posting here, please, just air everything inside out along with us.
I don't want to say anything anymore. I just want to die.

I just want it over.

That's the reality. I can't keep doing it all. School and work. It's too much.

It's time to get some sleep. The normal stuff doesn't work.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I just want it over.

You've mentioned how stressful your work is a few times here, would it be at all possible for you to look into the loan options available to you a little further? Would it be possible for you to find housing that you can pay for with loans or combined with a part time job? I do understand that it's daunting to take on a lot of loans at once, but this is the exact situation that they're best used in if you can.

Oct 27, 2017

I just want it over.

You care about yourself man, the fact you are here posting means a part of you still want to live.

School, work, sickness. This combination sucks, trust me I have been there. Just keep on trying and you will succeed and then you will look back on this and be glad you overcame it. Think about it.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's time someone calls the authorities. The Op needs help and doesn't seem capable of getting it himself.