catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
In a way I'm kind of glad Game Pass PC encompasses most games, because fuck paying Australian prices. Even on discounted games, it is just not worth the cost.

haha tru here in Canada too. Game Pass already has KH3 (which is $60?!? On EGS), and Tetris Connected.

Thank goodness for Game Pass or I'd find something else to do with my free time…

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I wish the coupon worked for DLC.

I've got all the Borderlands 3 DLC except for the last one that includes the addition skill tree for the characters. Might just bite the bullet and get it, since I don't have much urge to play it unless I have everything for it.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Does anyone know if Battlefield 2042 on Epic requires the Epic Launcher after you link it to your Origin/EA Desktop account? Similar to how Ubisoft titles work with Ubisoft Connect where you no longer need to open the Epic Launcher once you link your Ubisoft account

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone know any egs exclusive that will remain exclusive forever? Is Alan wake remaster going to be on steam after 1 year?

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Grabbed Borderlands 3, Hitman 3, and Tetris Effect Connected. Plus an Origin code for It Takes Two from someone in the trade thread. I'm good.

Oct 31, 2017
Bought Ghostrunner, Kena, Immortal Fenyx and AC: Odyssey Gold.

Contemplating if I should buy DQ11 and Octopath. I'm sensing they'll be out of game pass soon and it'll be a while for Epic to offer this promo again...

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
Alan Wake Remastered is published by Epic Games and Alan Wake 2 will be too. I suppose if Epic was desperate enough for more sales they would bring it over to Steam 😂

Now, I would imagine that Epic's first point would be to secure exclusivity, but just because they are publishing it doesn't mean they have total control. Games that are published by Nintendo on Switch can still end up elsewhere (Bravely Default 2 for example.) It depends on the agreement they made with Remedy. Remedy could fight for the ability to put it on other PC platforms after a certain amount of time. Whether they did or not, we shall see.

breadtruck

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking about getting it. What was the general reception? I loved the first one, but I can't remember the reception for the sequel
I honestly dont know. I only seen a little news on it (mostly from a Giant Bomb quick look.)
It was always on my radar since I enjoyed the first, but I dont have the luxury of time any more, so my gaming and gaming news intake suffers.

Eventually I was going to buy it, and this seems like as good a time as any. lol. Whether or not I get that time to play it, well, thats a different story. Some day...

Willy

Oct 27, 2017
Some amazing deals to be had. I picked up Axiom Verge 2 but I'll probably wait before buying more though as I'd like to see what they are giving away over the next couple of weeks.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
So is there any danger of buying a game in the sale and it end up being one of the freebies? Or are the 14 games new to EGS, not part of the sale?

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Got RDR 2 and Hitman 3. Was going to grab Inscryption but on the CAD store it's above the threshold for the coupon so I'll keep waiting.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is horizon good now with the bug fixes and stuff?
It's in a decent state now, much better than it was at launch. It isn't perfect (no game is), but it's good and perfectly playable. Digital Foundry did a video covering a more recent version of the game that's worth checking out:

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
It's in a decent state now, much better than it was at launch. It isn't perfect (no game is), but it's good and perfectly playable. Digital Foundry did a video covering a more recent version of the game that's worth checking out:

It recently got a few patches done by Nixxies that improved it further, including DLSS support and behind the scenes shader caching while you play like most games. Not sure what else can be improved now.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Had a few games I wanted but they were below the price threshold in Canada like Inscryption and Death's Door.

Picked up The Forgotten City, Chicory with the coupons then decided to grab the enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 which I have never played. Under 30 canadian. Not bad at all.

I keep forgetting that I bought Rogue's Legacy 2 and Shakedown Hawaii in previous sales. Not to mention all the free games I have redeemed lol

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Not sure I will ever get Disco Elysium cheaper anywhere else in the future. I'd prefer it on Steam but £6 vs £17 on sale there is a no brainer.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Gotta say, I was never closer to dropping money on the Epic Store.
Death's Door and Inscryption for around 5 is just and insanely good deal!

I'll wait for the rest of the free games and the Steam Sale.
In the end, I'll probably get those two games on Steam anyway since I would love to play them on Deck.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017

In the end, I'll probably get those two games on Steam anyway since I would love to play them on Deck.
Neither of those make the voucher cut in my currency :(

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah true, I am mixed because I won't play it right now anyway so in no major rush to buy it. But when you see a cheap deal..

But let me ask you this. How about playing it right now, everything else be damned? Hmm.
Pay whatever price you think is reasonable, but it is worth every cent for sure.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019

Yeah same here... tempting but... not today, Satan!

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah true, I am mixed because I won't play it right now anyway so in no major rush to buy it. But when you see a cheap deal..

I respect your willpower lol. I'm in the middle of a bunch of Game Pass games, and I'm still wanting to get something during the sale. Grabbed Chernobylite last night. I'm just going to juggle it in with the other campaigns I'm going through.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Steam sale is what 5 days away? Let's see if they have some decent prices this year..

Naru

May 11, 2019
Since they have added a cart now, do you still get multiple coupons or just one that applies to everything in the cart?

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
The Danish version of Epic Store makes this sale rather disappointing. The number of games that qualify for the coupon is super small and half of them are inflated versions of Ubi games :(

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Happy there's no leak list this year, guessing by the wrapping paper is fun!

That said, I have no idea what the little cake might represent yet.

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
Since they have added a cart now, do you still get multiple coupons or just one that applies to everything in the cart?
Unfortunately at least in my case the coupon qualifies only for games - it cannot be applied to the basket total. Otherwise it would have been a great sale.

roguebubble

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 8, 2018

It works per eligible game not per cart, e.g 3 games each above $15 gets you $30 dollars off but a cart of $20 with no single item above $15 will not get a discount

Naru

May 11, 2019
Yes but I can buy as much as I want? Previously without a cart you would get a new coupon, basically unlimited times until the sale is over. Now with a cart, does this still apply? Can I buy a cart full of games with the coupon applied and then still get another one for later?
Edit: Ok it says "limitless coupons" so I guess yes.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
The Blocc
I have a cart of Back 4 Blood, Battlefield, and Chicory for a subtotal of $65.

How bad are those two shooters performance-wise, and gameplay-wise? I have a 2080TI and would want to get in a few rounds/matches in those games occasionally. Are those games worth the price?

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
Picked up Inscryption for like $6. Going to get Axiom Verge 2 for $8.00.

My question to you fine folks is: How good (not, good at that price) are the following games? Octopath looks really cool, though if it's tough I may end of dropping it quickly, looking for chill/fun games.

Octopath Traveler $20
What the Golf $10.99
The Pathless $20

I have a PS5 and an older PC (8700k, 1080ti), I wonder if WTG and Pathless would be better purchases on the PS5?

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Picked up Inscryption for like $6. Going to get Axiom Verge 2 for $8.00.

My question to you fine folks is: How good (not, good at that price) are the following games? Octopath looks really cool, though if it's tough I may end of dropping it quickly, looking for chill/fun games.

Octopath Traveler $20
What the Golf $10.99
The Pathless $20

I have a PS5 and an older PC (8700k, 1080ti), I wonder if WTG and Pathless would be better purchases on the PS5?

Octopath is a mixed bag. Cool combat job system + break boost kinda like Bravely Default, some fun world building, a very very open structure with some great exploration (honestly one of the most open JRPGs out there), some challenging bosses, good music. Biggest downside is that the character interactions are basically nonexistent, the structure of each chapter is usually quite repetitive (playing in small doses will probably mitigate this, and they do vary it up a bit occasionally). I haven't got back to it but I did enjoy the 30 hours or so I played. Solid port too, even if there aren't a ton of options.

Your specs are almost certainly fine for all of those games though, maybe not 4k or something if that's a benefit you get from PS5 idk. Can always refund if the performance isn't what you want.

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This deal is just too good on some games. Bought Horizon Zero Dawn, AW:Remastered and WD:Legion for about €23 total.. Might just get Guardians of the Galaxy for another $23..

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The amount of cheap games is enough to cumulatively make them expensive. I'm trying to whittle down my cart, which is weirdly difficult when most of them makes you go "well it's only like 60kr." And it makes the 294kr for Riders Republic seem like a lot, even though that's a historical low.

Pro tip: If you're interested in Road 96, the Hitchhiker Bundle should be eligible for a discount, which gets you some extras while bringing the price down to a little less than the standard edition. Probably a good idea to check this for any game which standard edition doesn't reach the minimum price.

The store is having issues currently.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Watch Dogs Legion season pass worth it at all?

The standard edition is only £6.49 with the coupon, so the Gold edition works out £10 for the season pass, more than the game itself.