• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Really not a fan of them pushing artefacts that 100% complement a hero. It's something that's been bothering me for a while now, and they want us to pull for both even on a limited banner?

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Really not a fan of them pushing artefacts that 100% complement a hero. It's something that's been bothering me for a while now, and they want us to pull for both even on a limited banner?

I'd prefer artefacts that might be good on other heroes as well. I mean, at least with Torn Sleeve I humour myself with the idea of some mischief with both Baiken and Surin running Torn Sleeves. Still not too impressed with it though.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Dizzy is mostly PvP? That's too bad. I was considering pulling for her but I have zero interest in PvP.

But then, my roster sucks atm so maybe I should pull her anyway.

I did another ML pull and it got me a 3* Gunther. Why are ML pulls like 80% trash again? For something you can only pull once in a blue moon, that's pretty damn stupid.

I think anyone that's main shtick is debuffs is immediately labeled as PvP and not PvE since many of the PvE bosses punish debuffs at this point. Her S3 alone could trigger some of the bosses debuff cleansing mechanics. Most if not all bosses are immune to stun so her S1 isn't great for that either.

That all being said she's fills Kiris role of debuff extend which is really useful in PvE for hunts and I think she'll be good at Wyvern, especially W10 with her S3 into an S2. CR pushing is always great and 50% is good on her S2. I think attack down, blind, and slow will also be useful for W11 to mitigate some of the damage it does to the tank out front.

So yeah, more PvP then PvE but she looks to have an awesome kit and I think we'll see some really fun shenanigans with her debuff extend and Baiken's detonate in PvE. Depending on her damage output she could be good at farming as well.

Last edited:

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer artefacts that might be good on other heroes as well. I mean, at least with Torn Sleeve I humour myself with the idea of some mischief with both Baiken and Surin running Torn Sleeves. Still not too impressed with it though.

My issue is that I feel like I have half the hero in Baiken without the artefact. With Dizzy it seems even more extreme with an artefact that good. Now what's the odds of me pulling both? At this point, I would be happier about pulling just the artefact over just Dizzy.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't her S3 cover most of the debuffs Sira-ren can dish out already? Maybe Iela Violin would be more useful on her.
Also true. Just saying, the banner artifact is good, but AoE mages already have really good options. While the Baiken artifact seemed to REALLY be tailored for her, this one just seems like an all-around good artifact that could be used on any AoE mage.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Also true. Just saying, the banner artifact is good, but AoE mages already have really good options. While the Baiken artifact seemed to REALLY be tailored for her, this one just seems like an all-around good artifact that could be used on any AoE mage.

It just really complements Dizzy supremely well is all. But you are right that other mages can utilize it just as well, making it even more desirable. Somebody pointed out how insane C.Mercedes would be with it, which is true. Now I wish I had her.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about w11 is that you should be mainly bringing units that can help you kill faster not survive longer, you'd need Alexa to really make her potent for w11

Debuff extension on Magic Nail and Luna's defense down would be pretty good for my team's damage. I kill it plenty fast I just need Angelica to be a little more reliable in terms of survival. My Chloe does nutso damage with her Rage set now.

I know all about the usual Wyvern 11 strats but I do my own thing and it works 90% of the time, just need that last 10%. I got a random Sigret recently and I was considering her for that spot but Dizzy will do it better.

I'm building all the Guilty Gear characters because I like Guilty Gear and that's non-negotiable. But none of them are going to be one-trick-ponies if I can help it. Baiken for example I use to quickly one-shot Banshee when I have a few minutes to kill and want to play manually. But I get a lot of use out of her extreme burst damage in PVP too, despite the effect resist meme.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Corvus finally 6*! Built on the backs of five regular Corvus; going to be really sad if I ever pull another Dark Corvus. Also, really need to get some lvl 85 Hp% rings/accessories, hopefully I can get him to a high amount of HP.

I really do not have the unit inventory space to be pulling for another unit; update on cap when?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Most likely. Her numbers are probably bad, so you just want her to go as fast as possible and to land as many debuffs as she can.

I guess I'll be putting the S2 arena gear on Sol then. I have a speed/effectiveness set on my 5* Haste I might remove, but overall everything wants speed so I'm just lacking in good gear. Might buy that Normal Raid speed chest even though it is at 67, is that the second highest tier or third?

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for the info. I went into this game thinking it would be a straight forward process, but there's a lot of content to work through and try and understand.

For someone that is only rank 20. Is there any use in trying to pull for the Special Character, in this case Dizzy coming up. Or would I be better off just trying to roll in the normal summon pool to expand my characters?

If you can afford to pull the full 605 bookmarks, you should go for Dizzy, might as well! Otherwise there's a chance you spend that amount (and more) on a normal banner without seeing any 5* anyway. She may not be exactly what your team needs right now, but having any 5* will always give you more options, which is good.
If you are just starting out, that many BM will guarantee you some useful 4* units and artifacts on her banner as much as on any banner.

If you are low on bookmarks, I don't think it matters which banner you pull. Sure, there are more useful 5* units if you start out with than Dizzy, but the chance of getting one on the normal banner is also tiny, so you might as well get some 3* and 4* units from the Dizzy banner, and maybe even reach the pity break still eventually. But at that point, pick your poison and pray.

What are your best units so far, and what do you think your team is lacking? 3* and 4* can fill most roles. They just don't do it as good as 5*, naturally, and you don't get super broken shit like ML Aramintha where you combine high speed with AoE stun and silence. But if you need more tankiness, more damage or more buff/debuff or cleanse/immunity options, you might as well check your current pool and pick someone to build while you wait for the perfect 5* to descend from the heavens (and then have no ressources to properly build them anyway).

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pulling the off banner 5* from mystic pulls is infuriating. Doing it multiple times makes me want to cry IRL

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Most likely. Her numbers are probably bad, so you just want her to go as fast as possible and to land as many debuffs as she can.

You could also build her damage for things like A11 where you'll turn off her skills. Obv Vildred and the like are better but she won't be a bad alternative, especially with Radiant.

Normal Mercedes might be better at it than her but you could bring both and have one with violin for berserk dispel.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like going early on my guild war attacks since I can generally handle stronger people, but man do I not trust these servers. They really need to adjust the GW schedule so it doesn't happen on patch days.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
The only thing I dislike about Dizzy is that she's Ice element, I have too many Ice units and not enough everything else. But I'll level her asap anyway. May help in the limited pvps I do maybe hopefully.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Is she a decent PvE option if you lack an AOE mage?
seems like 'decent' is the key word here; whether she's anything more is going to largely rely on the multipliers on her skills but i wouldn't count on it. she's not going to make to break a team looking for one, and you could probably argue there are better, easier to access mages than her but she's likely not going to be bad or anything.

Oct 25, 2017
seems like 'decent' is the key word here; whether she's anything more is going to largely rely on the multipliers on her skills but i wouldn't count on it. she's not going to make to break a team looking for one, and you could probably argue there are better, easier to access mages than her but she's likely not going to be bad or anything.

Better than Ludwig at least lol

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose for the overall health of the game it's better that limited no longer seems to mean OP. But it is also a bit disappointing as who doesnt like pulling an OP unit?

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Pulling the off banner 5* from mystic pulls is infuriating. Doing it multiple times makes me want to cry IRL

I can't find a violin tiny enough to play you a sad song, lol.
At least you can pick when to pull on the mystic banner, you could just wait for an off banner (?) 5* you like? They rotate the pool every week and show you next week's pool in advance.
I hoarded mystic medals for the rotation when Angelica was in the 4* pool, thank god I ended up pulling her randomly from the Baiken banner before that.
Mystic banner rates are hot trash.
When I dumped all my saved up medals into 15 pulls, I finally got my first 4* from this banner. I mean, I guess that's a normal rate, but it's pretty much a less frequent daily pull, aka a free dust for selling a 3* artifact 80% of the time.

Better than Ludwig at least lol

Nice, are we shitting on Ludwig now? Can I join?
People can make him do stupid things in combination with the invincibility buff from Crimson Armin - but if I HAD a Crimson Armin, I could make much better teams anyway?
I like the dude as a character, but no. Just no.
I have two of him lying around. I should fodder him, but unfortunately I am a hoarder and play every game like Pokémon, where I have to catch them all.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose for the overall health of the game it's better that limited no longer seems to mean OP. But it is also a bit disappointing as who doesnt like pulling an OP unit?

Well, you have Mystic and ML summons to keep yourself satisfied, I suppose. They just shifted the OP elsewhere is all.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So I have about 4000 Skystones. Considering it literally took me all 120 summons on Baiken's banner to get her, is it wise to even attempt to get Dizzy?

If it helps, my 5* mage selection is Ludwig and no one else, unless you count a Mercedes I awakened.

Oct 25, 2017
So I have about 4000 Skystones. Considering it literally took me all 120 summons on Baiken's banner to get her, is it wise to even attempt to get Dizzy?

If it helps, my 5* mage selection is Ludwig and no one else, unless you count a Mercedes I awakened.

Im in nearly exactly the same boat as you lol I thought it was a given but the mixed reactions have me unsure

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I just realized that artifact might be super dumb for whales.

If it boosts the mage's cr from ANY aoe, what if you get 4 maxed copies and use 4 mages with all aoe attacks? (Normal Merc, Dizzy, +2 future aoe mages) if there's any mage in the future with aoe and cr manip, you could go endless with turns lol

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Im in nearly exactly the same boat as you lol I thought it was a given but the mixed reactions have me unsure

I think she'll be OP for mid game content and useful to niche for end game content. She'll be fantastic up to and maybe through Challenger in PvP (which is basically where you cap out as a non-whale or unlucky on ML pulls). With Baiken she'll be pretty fun as well as they have fantastic synergy together. At WORST I think she'll be the best nat-5* mage (if not best overall mage that isn't ML). People just want her to be OP in everything.

Your choices are go for her or hope that when you pull an off banner 5* unit (if you even get one) and when you do get one it's useful. I think units in a class above her are going to be ML units and a handful of nat-5* units that you have a 0.1% chance at pulling on a regular basis (Bellona, etc).

If you are unsure, wait to see the impressions on her multiplier, but her kit alone with all the AoE debuffs and CR Pushing is pretty powerful in of itself.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Wait lol 4k stones isnt enough to break the pity rate anyway right lol

I guess my argument is that you should go for her even if you don't have enough for pity. Her skill set is going to make enemies hit like a wet noodle for two turns (attack down and crit chance down, which means less debuffs hit you) and get you more turns (speed down, CR reduce 50%) regardless of how much damage she does (assuming you soulburn S3 into S2) and for bosses with adds that can be stunned her S1 isn't too shabby. She has a very unique skill set, is a limited character that won't enter the 5* pool after banner. Also fairly easy to build for unlike Baiken since she doesn't need crit chance/damage since her S3 misses.

That alone is enough to make me think she'll be really useful. A lot of people slept on Lidica who was a CR Reducer with Speed Down and Crit Chance debuff and she ended up being a staple in a lot of Abyss 80+ floors and the Raid. Dizzy's skillset is similarly slept on I think.

The next pity banner will likely be far enough off you'll have time to save for that if you want to. I've saved almost 3x the amount required for a pity since the last pity banner (Luna).

As a new player, if you really pressed hard you could find a way to hit pity by the end of her banner. If you nabbed Baiken you can also make a press in Arena to get to Master very easily and collect a lot of skystones. Between Arena weekly rewards, Arena rank up rewards, and probably 60-ish bookmark freebies from the side-stories, the dailies, and completing the story missions, you should have enough to have around 70 pulls which is close to a 50/50 shot at her. In the meantime you should be imprinting your 3* heroes into each other to SSS rank to get the reputation rewards (bookmarks).

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I just realized that artifact might be super dumb for whales.

If it boosts the mage's cr from ANY aoe, what if you get 4 maxed copies and use 4 mages with all aoe attacks? (Normal Merc, Dizzy, +2 future aoe mages) if there's any mage in the future with aoe and cr manip, you could go endless with turns lol
I ran into a PVP party like this with 3 SW (Ruele, Angelica, and Diene) and a Luna. All the SW's had Idols Cheer.

Probably would have worked with 2 soulweavers. Was infuriating though.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I'm a bit tired of the Op units. IMO mystic summons were the worst thing to happen to the game so far. While I know I can just ignore pVp and thus ignore the OP units, pvp is the only challenging modes atm.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess my argument is that you should go for her even if you don't have enough for pity. Her skill set is going to make enemies hit like a wet noodle for two turns (attack down and crit chance down, which means less debuffs hit you) and get you more turns (speed down, CR reduce 50%) regardless of how much damage she does (assuming you soulburn S3 into S2) and for bosses with adds that can be stunned her S1 isn't too shabby. She has a very unique skill set, is a limited character that won't enter the 5* pool after banner. Also fairly easy to build for unlike Baiken since she doesn't need crit chance/damage since her S3 misses.

That alone is enough to make me think she'll be really useful. A lot of people slept on Lidica who was a CR Reducer with Speed Down and Crit Chance debuff and she ended up being a staple in a lot of Abyss 80+ floors and the Raid. Dizzy's skillset is similarly slept on I think.

The next pity banner will likely be far enough off you'll have time to save for that if you want to. I've saved almost 3x the amount required for a pity since the last pity banner (Luna).

As a new player, if you really pressed hard you could find a way to hit pity by the end of her banner. If you nabbed Baiken you can also make a press in Arena to get to Master very easily and collect a lot of skystones. Between Arena weekly rewards, Arena rank up rewards, and probably 60-ish bookmark freebies from the side-stories, the dailies, and completing the story missions, you should have enough to have around 70 pulls which is close to a 50/50 shot at her. In the meantime you should be imprinting your 3* heroes into each other to SSS rank to get the reputation rewards (bookmarks).

I got very lucky with Luna and only had to go about halfway through before I pulled her. Given I randomly got a 5* Haste out of the daily pull, I don't know that I NEED her but its worth a shot given the pity. I went HARD after Charles and spent nearly all I had, wasn't enough to grab him :(

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
I have about 70% chance to get her as I only have 6500 skystones and 100 bookmarks; would've had a 100% but I spent a good amount chasing a Torn Sleeve for Baiken.(which I got) will probably buy 2 sets of the monthly packs to increase my chances a bit.

or maybe I'll get lucky and her like Baiken in 20 pulls *finger crossed*

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I got very lucky with Luna and only had to go about halfway through before I pulled her. Given I randomly got a 5* Haste out of the daily pull, I don't know that I NEED her but its worth a shot given the pity. I went HARD after Charles and spent nearly all I had, wasn't enough to grab him :(

If you have Luna it seems like an easier decision, you already have a DEF break, Dizzy can extend that by a turn while also giving Luna more turns by slowing down the enemies. Meaning her DEF break will be back up faster, rinse and repeat. You can really theorycraft anyway you want to make her seem useful, her kit is completely loaded with utility. I think the only character I'd pass up on her for right now would be Bellona.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Used up all my luck today, I might as well not even expect anything meaningful for a while.

This morning while just pulling for dupes/promotion purposes I get Angelica.

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit tired of the Op units. IMO mystic summons were the worst thing to happen to the game so far. While I know I can just ignore pVp and thus ignore the OP units, pvp is the only challenging modes atm.

I agree, I think the mystic summons units are too powerful. Luna and Diene, and certainly not the two new units, don't really compare to ML Baal, etc. At least with limited units everyone could get them, so them being powerful didnt really change the comparitive power level between players. Though I suppose their limited nature means it sucks for anyone who started playing later. But I think "really good units anyone can get for x period" is better than "nearly broken units that in theory anyone can get but realistically you have to whale or get super lucky for" (well that was less snappy than intended).

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
Got to pity and got dizzy's artifact, abyssal crown, and six 4*artifacts in the process. I ragepulled andother 20 and got a dupe dizzy at #18.

Status
Not open for further replies.