• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. Beat the lich for the first time as the paradox and the game crashes. Gotta do it all over again.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Just unlocked The Paradox! Fuck yeah. Now starts my mission of unlocking the Gungeoneer.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
ah hahaha, made it to the Marines past and died because I didn't realize you couldn't

step on the goop

3FB542191AD92301E383CED21417EEF86CAED87D

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
So can you unlock Rainbow Run from the start or do you need to have beaten anything in particular for the guy to show up? Just wondering, I have it unlocked but I'm thinking of new players here.

You need to find a certain NPC in the Gungeon somewhere. For me it was on the fifth floor. Rescue him (find him) and Rainbow Mode will unlock back in the Breach. You'll know him when you meet him.

wombleac

Nov 8, 2017
Does anyone know how this plays through remote play on the Vita. Always wanted to jump in on this and now seems like a good time, but I want to play on hand held while the wife watches TV. Not buying a Switch any time soon.

Dlent

Nov 2, 2017
Just unlocked the Gunslinger in comically easy fashion. Ended up with a Glass Cannon + PacMan, with a few damage boosting items, and killed the final boss in a few seconds without taking any damage.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Does anyone know how this plays through remote play on the Vita. Always wanted to jump in on this and now seems like a good time, but I want to play on hand held while the wife watches TV. Not buying a Switch any time soon.

It plays well enough. L2 and R2 are mapped on the front touch screen, so it works well. Blanking using L3 and R3 is obviously a problem, but it's possible to map that function to an additional button, and I found that mapping it to circle works alright.

The only thing I don't like about playing this game on the Vita is the hands cramps it can give! For me, Vita games that heavily use both sticks and both triggers at the same time were always uncomfortable.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Didn't realize that you didn't get your main weapon unlimited weapon when you start as gunslinger on rainbow run, and grabbed Vulcan Cannon as my first weapon :/
Lasted me a floor and a half while tap firing, and got NO ammo drops in either shops.
The little to no health and ammo drops in rainbow mode is very hindering.
Giving me 8-10 keys over a rainbow run when you only really need 2-3 for a full rainbow run is very inconvenient.
I got that problem the first time too.

Second time I got much luckier.
The trident with gunslinger's ability destroyed enemies so well that the 300 ammo lasted me enough inbetween refills and eventually a new weapon. Finished it with 2 weapons and the blue bandana that multiplies by 4 the magazine.

Keys are indeed mostly useless after floor one. : /
Destroying chests on the other hand can help. I got gold junk twice and it's helping when you don't have to worry about money and buy life, blanks and so on...

Paradox makes this game so much better holy shit
Paradox is indeed amazing.
I laugh at how I got clone as my passive at the beginning of a run.

Ugh. Beat the lich for the first time as the paradox and the game crashes. Gotta do it all over again.
When the game crashes it saves from the beginning of the floor normally. It does for me on the switch.
Did you try to reload the game ?
Very sorry if it doesn't work.

Irony : finished the run without using it...

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone get crashes on the ps4 pro? I have been getting save crashes a lot. It essentially makes me do a run in one session. I also sometimes get crashes on the rat boss. :(. Are these just normal bugs that have yet to be fixed??

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Does anyone get crashes on the ps4 pro? I have been getting save crashes a lot. It essentially makes me do a run in one session. I also sometimes get crashes on the rat boss. :(. Are these just normal bugs that have yet to be fixed??

I had A LOT of crashes before the latest 2.1.4 patch, but didn't saw any since.

You can see what the next patches will contain here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EnterTheGungeon/comments/baxdfm/a_farewell_to_arms_patch_notes_213/

There are two new patches incoming.

Patch 2.1.5
  • Fixed the Cosmic Horror synergy
  • Fixed an issue where the Evolver would lose its progress after loading a midgame save
  • Added a quick restart option to Boss Rush mode
  • Fixed a crash caused by dropping the Chamber Gun on the new secret floor
  • Fixed a control issue which could cause the first "change gun" input to be lost after changing guns using the slow motion gun select menu
  • The Paradox can no longer start with the Bullet That Can Kill The Past (lol)
  • Fixed an issue where the Sunlight Javelin couldn't be unlocked properly
  • Bowler will no longer float over destroyed chests
  • Fixed an issue with the Sprun's out-of-ammo trigger
  • Fixed an issue where the Sprun transformation was droppable
  • Fixed an issue with the Hellhole synergy
  • Fixed an issue with the Cloranthy Ring and Ring of Fire Resistance synergy in coop
  • Fixed an issue with combining multiple Lil' Bomber synergies
Patch 2.1.6 (now live on Steam/gog)
  • Added a heart dispenser to the Forge
  • Added an additional unlock condition to the Sunlight Javelin
  • Paradox can now drop starting passives
  • [REDACTED] (character) is no longer sent to the past even without the BTCKTP
  • Fixed an issue where reviving with the Gun Soul would lock the player out of the boss room on the new secret floor
  • Fixed an issue with unlocking the Finished Gun
  • Fixed a possible soft lock while entering the new secret floor
  • Fixed an issue where the Trank Gun wasn't dropping correctly
  • Fixed an issue where Paradox could start with some unintended items (including the Old Crest)
  • Fixed music issues with the Resourceful Rat fight and Gunsling King's room
  • Fixed (hopefully) some weapons leaving behind pink rectangle corpses
  • Fixed some missing Chinese translations
  • Fixed some typos in the Ammonomicon

Last edited:

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017

The trident with gunslinger's ability destroyed enemies so well that the 300 ammo lasted me enough inbetween refills and eventually a new weapon. Finished it with 2 weapons and the blue bandana that multiplies by 4 the magazine.

When the game crashes it saves from the beginning of the floor normally. It does for me on the switch.
Unfortunately since you didn't start as the Gunslinger, it doesn't give you the option to Continue as the Gunslinger if your game crashes. Had it happen to me with a great run out of nowhere,
I've also learned that gunslinger starting w no weapon is a bug on Xbox, PS4, and Switch. The devs said they've already found and patched it on PC, just waiting for the update to be cleared by Xbox/PS/Nintendo.

Nol

Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately since you didn't start as the Gunslinger, it doesn't give you the option to Continue as the Gunslinger if your game crashes. Had it happen to me with a great run out of nowhere,
I've also learned that gunslinger starting w no weapon is a bug on Xbox, PS4, and Switch. The devs said they've already found and patched it on PC, just waiting for the update to be cleared by Xbox/PS/Nintendo.
It was already fixed on ps4 and xbox several days ago, but nintendo is crazy slow at approving updates.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I had the bug happening to me and was scared of what would happen if I completely ran out of ammo, turns out the game gave me a free weapon pickup so I wasn't stuck. Whew!

The Switch version still hasn't gotten any fixes since the major update and it's pretty annoying. I think I'll put the game on the back burner for now.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Question: can you use the Muncher in rainbow runs? I was too scared to try and possibly end up just losing two guns and getting fuck all in return.

I really, REALLY hate how rainbow run allows you to screw yourself by interacting with things that will just give you nothing in exchange while still taking your payment. That just seems like a huge oversight in the game, none of those NPCs should ever spawn in a rainbow run imo. Same goes for the merchant NPCs who literally have nothing to sell, it just looks dumb.

Last edited:

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
I had the bug happening to me and was scared of what would happen if I completely ran out of ammo, turns out the game gave me a free weapon pickup so I wasn't stuck. Whew!

The Switch version still hasn't gotten any fixes since the major update and it's pretty annoying. I think I'll put the game on the back burner for now.
Yeah, it dropped me pilots pistol and the 38 special a couple times.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Aw, that's unfortunate.
I think the requirements to unlock the character maybe are a bit too much, especially because of the last boss which is just completely crazy. Feels like, either you get a killer run with game breaking gear, or you just can't. Maybe I'm wrong...

I has a hunch about the but but wasn't sure. Still made it despite it, thought it was a balancing decision for rainbow runs almost.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017

Keys are indeed mostly useless after floor one. : /
Destroying chests on the other hand can help. I got gold junk twice and it's helping when you don't have to worry about money and buy life, blanks and so on...

Paradox is indeed amazing.
I laugh at how I got clone as my passive at the beginning of a run.

Irony : finished the run without using it...
I've had some crashes that save my progress and allow me to continue after starting it back up.

Then I've had a couple of crashes where the run isn't saved. It happens when opening the chest on rainbow runs. This is on Switch though, so I don't have the bug fix patches yet.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did they nerf Ser Junkan's spawn chance? I haven't seen him at all since 2.1.

EDIT: The wiki says it's 1% chance. No way it was always that low...

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018
Reading through this thread is wild. There is so much stuff going on that I don't understand haha. I had played this game for about 10 hours when it came out and ended up falling off for other games.

With this new update I started over. I get to the third floor most of the time. Should I be looking at a wiki, or is it better to just discover everything naturally?

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Reading through this thread is wild. There is so much stuff going on that I don't understand haha. I had played this game for about 10 hours when it came out and ended up falling off for other games.

With this new update I started over. I get to the third floor most of the time. Should I be looking at a wiki, or is it better to just discover everything naturally?

The game is chock full of things to do that you are extremely unlikely to find on your own. Consulting the wiki is pretty much essential to fully enjoying the game.

Personally I started to look at the wiki after my first Dragun kill, because at that point you need the know how to make the Bullet That Can Kill The Past to progress further.

Did you start working on the elevator unlocks? (drop in the elevator shaft of floor 2)

Last edited:

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Did they nerf Ser Junkan's spawn chance? I haven't seen him at all since 2.1.

EDIT: The wiki says it's 1% chance. No way it was always that low...
Are you doing rainbow runs ? Cause it's replaced with a not in these.

If not then I'd say it was low before but I don't know how low. 1% seems indeed very low.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
Just got Ser Junkan on my first Rainbow run actually. These runs are hilarious. Beat the Dragun, killed the Marine's past, and unlocked Paradox all in a single go... On my first try!! You can get some seriously broken combos with just one chest per floor and that's not including all the secret floors you can take advantage of.

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018
The game is chock full of things to do that you are extremely unlikely to find on your own. Consulting the wiki is pretty much essential to fully enjoying the game.

Personally I started to look at the wiki after my first Dragun kill, because at that point you need the know how to make the Bullet That Can Kill The Past to progress further.

Did you start working on the elevator unlocks? (drop in the elevator shaft of floor 2)

Yeah, I started on the elevator. I did the first few things he wanted, and now he wants 10 hegemony. I tend to just see what he wants and then shoot for it.

I'll probably keep playing like this until I get to a point where I don't know what to do anymore and then start looking at the wiki.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Yeah, I started on the elevator. I did the first few things he wanted, and now he wants 10 hegemony. I tend to just see what he wants and then shoot for it.

I'll probably keep playing like this until I get to a point where I don't know what to do anymore and then start looking at the wiki.

Oh you are in for a ride. And don't worry if you feel stuck on something. There are always other things to take care of.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone unlocked the Cold 45 or Mutation since the update? Wiki says make 10 guns with munchers but I've done that without any results. Wondering if you need to use the specific recipes to unlock them.

Edit: unlocked them, think it took around making 20 guns.

Also Northernlion's started a new Gungeon revisited series, happy days.

Last edited:

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Switch version crashed to Switch desktop after every stage during a run last weekend, and this isn't the first time I've had issues with the game. It really seems buggy and unstable.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Last edited:

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
This Switch stuff is bizarre. I haven't run into a single bug since the update, where I had run into a couple of crashes in the week leading up to it. I'd read it was the result of certain combinations causing errors, but I was always able to prevent such crashes by starting a new run. Is this something happening on every single run, or on certain runs at every stage?

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This Switch stuff is bizarre. I haven't run into a single bug since the update, where I had run into a couple of crashes in the week leading up to it. I'd read it was the result of certain combinations causing errors, but I was always able to prevent such crashes by starting a new run. Is this something happening on every single run, or on certain runs at every stage?
I haven't collected data, but in the two weeks that I've played on the Switch, I'd say that I've had crashes to desktop more often than not during the runs, regardless of what gear and guns I have.

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019
Can you not unlock the Paradox on a normal run? Playing as the huntress I ran into the paradox room twice, (Thanks to a clone), ran over the hole in the floor and nothing.

In other thoughts, I wish they would have had Cam Clarke go more hammy in his dialogue, or have him voice the resourceful rat fight more than what he did here. Seems more befitting.

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
You can definitely do it on a normal run. You have to interact with it, not just run over it.

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
OK I've been eying this for a while and thinking I should finally take the plunge. I have 200+ hours in binding of isaac so it should be a no brainer right?

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm soooo much better at Isaac than I am at Gungeon, and I'm not amazing at Isaac. I do like Gungeon a lot, but I struggle with it and haven't got past the third floor so far. I think i'm too cavalier with my health. It's a shame because I really want to be good at it. I'll just have to sink more time into it I guess!

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
Can you not unlock the Paradox on a normal run? Playing as the huntress I ran into the paradox room twice, (Thanks to a clone), ran over the hole in the floor and nothing.

In other thoughts, I wish they would have had Cam Clarke go more hammy in his dialogue, or have him voice the resourceful rat fight more than what he did here. Seems more befitting.

You have to use the interact button while standing over it. Seems to work on normal and rainbow runs.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm soooo much better at Isaac than I am at Gungeon, and I'm not amazing at Isaac. I do like Gungeon a lot, but I struggle with it and haven't got past the third floor so far. I think i'm too cavalier with my health. It's a shame because I really want to be good at it. I'll just have to sink more time into it I guess!

It definitely took me a while to reach the fourth floor when I started playing!

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. I'm definitely gonna check it out tonight. I struggled with some of the bullet hell bosses in Isaac so this could get ugly lol

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Alright, the new Knight's Gun is definitely OP with the Robot. Here's what it looked like just before the Dragun. Not that I'm complaining though, I could unlock the Paradox very easily!

w7JAEpd.jpg

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
holy shit friends: i never thought i'd do it, but i just killed the convict's past, meaning i have killed all four main characters' pasts. now, just to unlock the rest of the characters (already have Paradox).

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Man I was kinda afraid when people were saying the method to unlock the Gunslinger was very difficult. Though he's a really fun character.
D4P_06XX4AA-bgi.jpg:large

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yup I'm pretty hooked. I played a good three hours last night and made it to level 4 on my best run. Got the scrambler on the first floor that carried me pretty hard lol. I royally fucked up on the Mine Flayer fight though