Keen Games
Global Release:
January 24th, 2024
Platforms:
Steam
Price:
enshrouded.com

Enshrouded - Play now!

Play now the new Survival Action RPG game from Keen Games, and explore a mysterious world shrouded in fog.

The realm of Embervale is lost. In their greed for magical power, your ancestors unleashed a pestilence that consumed the world.

Enshrouded is a game of survival, crafting, and Action RPG combat, set within a sprawling voxel-based continent. As you journey across the mountains and deserts of an open world, you are free to choose your path and shape your destiny.

Ignite the Ancient power of the Flame, and piece together the fragments of a story that unfolds below the surface.

SURVIVE THE SHROUD

You start with nothing but the will to survive the wilds. You must scrape and scavenge through the ruined remnants of a lost kingdom, and fend off the beasts that hunger for your flesh.

Journey through forests, caves, dungeons, searching for secret knowledge and treasure. Build the strength to venture into the Shroud and bring the fight back to the horrors of the deep.

1._SURVIVE_THE_LOST_KINGDOM.gif

HEART POUNDING ACTION COMBAT

The Shroud consumes the land it corrupts, mutating and guiding all life it encounters. Cleave your way through ravaging factions and formidable bosses, battling Scavenger in the forests, Vukah in the caves, and Fell creatures in the mist.

Duck, parry, and surprise your foes with unexpected fighting skills and powerful spells. Exploit the weaknesses of your enemies as you develop your own unique playstyle with an in-depth skill tree system.

2._FIGHT_WILD_BEASTS___FELL_MONSTERS,_TWISTED_BY_THE_FOG.gif

CREATE EPIC BUILDS

Bring life back to the land! Voxel-based building unleashes your creative vision, allowing you to create grand architecture on an epic scale, customized with a vast assortment of materials and furniture. Build not only for yourself, because NPCs will take refuge within your walls, unlocking advanced workshops and the ability to craft epic weapons and armor.

3._BUILD_GRAND_HALLS.gif

CRAFT GEAR WORTHY OF LEGEND

Craft and customize a staggering array of legendary weapons and armor to become a force to be reckoned with. You'll need to master the shield, the sword, the staff and the bow to withstand the merciless advance of the Shroud.

4._FORGE_YOUR_WARRIOR.gif

CALL UPON YOUR ALLIES

Join with friends in 16 player co-op gameplay. Carve out unique roles and complimentary skills that will prove your worth in battle as together you raid, gather treasure, and overcome the Fell hordes that ravage the land.

5._GATHER_YOUR_ALLIES.gif

UNLOCK THE SECRETS OF A FALLEN REALM

Journey through the biomes of Embervale to immerse yourself in vibrant fallen cultures and ancient myths, from the mystical desert of the Kindlewastes to the dark canopies of The Revelwood.

Within the fog, and beneath the ruins of a lost kingdom lies an ever-unfolding story of magic, ruin, hope, and redemption waiting to be discovered.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-6400 (2.7 GHz 4 Core) / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X (3.5 GHz 4 Core) or equivalent
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (req. 6GB VRAM) / AMD Radeon RX 580 (req. 6GB VRAM)
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 60 GB available space
    • Sound Card: on board
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel i7-8700 (3.7 GHz 6 Core) / AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (3.7 GHz 8 Core) or equivalent
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super (req. 6GB VRAM) / AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (req. 6GB VRAM)
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 60 GB available space
    • Sound Card: on board

TRAILERS

View: https://youtu.be/BSSIH5L2liI?si=VN_EmekA6i5O9z_u

View: https://youtu.be/dUj1Kh80GKg

View: https://youtu.be/jP5sXVruxBM

SCREENS

Enshrouded_01_Survival_PressKit.png
Enshrouded_02_Building01_PressKit.png
Enshrouded_02_Building03_PressKit.png

Enshrouded_03_Combat02_PressKit.png
Enshrouded_03_Combat01_PressKit.png
Enshrouded_04_Shroud01_PressKit.png

Enshrouded_07_Farming01_PressKit.png
Enshrouded_05_Exploration01_PressKit.png
Enshrouded_03_Combat03_PressKit.png

FAQ

What is Enshrouded?
Enshrouded is a cooperative survival crafting action RPG. Survive in the fallen kingdom consumed by an evil fog, the Shroud. Fight wild beasts and fearsome bosses. Construct grand halls and shape your homestead's terrain. Forge your warrior with diverse equipment and a huge, open skill tree. Venture alone — or with allies — into the mist to uncover the secrets of the kingdom's downfall. (edited)

What is the story?
The fools of the old world ruthlessly mined the earth for a magical elixir, and unleashed a ruinous fog — and corrupted creatures — from the depths. The kingdom was lost, but not before a few remaining warriors were placed in a long, dreamless sleep, until such time they could fight anew... that time has come.

Will it be multiplayer?
Yes. Enshrouded is a co-op online multiplayer game. Although the game can be played in co-op, one can also play solo and offline, but we strongly encourage players to grab a friend or three (and up to 16!) before setting out into the Shroud. It is just more fun.

What platforms will it be released on and when?
The game will be released in Steam Early Access first. We will eventually bring the game to other platforms (namely, PlayStation 5 and Xbox X|S) and storefronts, after completion.

What engine does Enshrouded built on?
We use the Holistic engine, which is an engine we created ourselves, specifically designed and optimized to build Enshrouded.

How can I help with development?
Share your feedback with us on Discord! We will periodically ask you for your thoughts on specific parts of the game, either already in the game or in development. Let us know what you like, what you think you'd like, or conversely, what you've tried and thought wasn't good. We're making a game for you! Well, all of you...

Will Enshrouded be available on GeForce Now?
Yes, Enshrouded will be available on GeForce Now. See this link for which countries the service is available in. (edited)

How will online multiplayer server hosting work?
It will be possible to set up dedicated servers, if you don't want to always have to be online for your friends to be able to play. The Multiplayer & Server Hosting category on our knowledge base should provide you with all the information you need to get started.

We have also partnered with GPortal to offer dedicated servers you can rent directly from within the game, but it will also be possible to rent servers through your favorite providers! Better check in with them.

What languages will the game support?
When Enshrouded releases in Early Access, it will support English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Polish, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian.

Is there PvP in the game?
As of yet there is not PvP mode in the game or any PvP mode planned. The game itself will stay as it is as a co-op game, as we think experiencing the game together is more fun compared to fighting against each other. Maybe, but only maybe, we are adding some modes in the future just to have some fun on the side.

Is the map in Enshrouded generated procedurally?
When we are creating the world, we use procedural tools to create the map, but then we use the old-fashioned way, by hand, by free range game designer to create an immersive hand-crafted experience, just to make it as exciting and beautiful as it can be.

Will the game support mods?
There are no questions that mods are what makes a game truly great, but at this stage, we cannot make promises that the game will be moddable, but it is something we would love to implement in the future.

Do enemies attack my base? Do I need to build defenses?
At the moment, enemies are only interested in attacking the players, not their bases or dwellings. This might change after Early Access, based upon player feedback.

Can I use my character on another server? If so, what will I transfer with me?
You can absolutely take your favorite character with you and swap between servers. They will retain their entire equipment and inventory, as well as levels / skills unlocked.
In addition, they will also maintain:

Map memory (locations and fog of war removed)
Personal crafting recipes (crafting that does not require a workbench)
Previously collected Shroud roots (you cannot farm Shroud roots by making new worlds)
Previously found lore texts and tutorials
Towers you found by yourself
They will not maintain:

The majority of crafting recipes (they are dependent on NPCs and crafting stations unlocked in the world)
Available NPCs for summon (gotta liberate them in the new world, too!)
Towers that were found by others and shared with the group

What do I do if I have feedback or suggestions to improve Enshrouded?
We have created a board to gather feedback and suggestions here. You can share your suggestions, improvement ideas and feedback, or comment and upvote others'.

Last edited:

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
As a relative newcomer to the tree punching genre I'm excited to try this.

Does anyone know is it a fixed map or generated? It reads like it should be fixed but I thought most of these games randomize maps.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Funny thing is before Friday I thought this would be the big hit survival game people didn't see coming lol

Real

Oct 28, 2017
I feel for the developers. I think they'll be fine in the long run, but there's a big ass elephant-sized fake Pikachu in the room.

Oct 29, 2017
My usual rule for the genre is to wait a year so my first and often only playthrough with friends has plenty of content out of the gate before we eventually can't synch schedules anymore, but this one looks more packed than usual already.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I will be there day one.
I know it can't be helped but I wish this blew up instead of pal world.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Platforms: Will Enshrouded be On PSN and Xbox? Yes! Enshrouded is expected to be released on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S platforms in 2024. As a result, console players must wait a little longer to try it.

Nice to see they're also planning consoles, I hope the early access process will be successful and we will have another good survival game.

Great OT!

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I've been super looking forward to this game.

It's a shame that Palworld will overshadow what was one of the most wishlisted games on Steam. But I'm sure it'll be fine. Just won't have that spotlight.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if there will be a server browser? I have a group of friends that play survival games but this may be too actiony for them.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Nice that you can play solo and offline. Really looking forward to this, even if I might wait for the full release. I love getting lost in games like this and struggle to explore the world, while establishing a base.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
Getting big Valheim vibes from this. I loved Valheim on release, so I'll definitely be giving it a try.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was unaware of this until now, this looks awesome! Way more intrigued by this than Palworld.

Jun 1, 2021
So i've been really enjoying Palworld, and I was going to get this eventually, but I might dip into it when it comes out. I wonder if the fears of it been dwarfed by Palworld might actually mean people have a taste of a survival game and want something a little more structured? Guess we shall see.

*edit* Oh, it's $50? Works out roughly at £40. Is that right? If so i'll be skipping for now. Bit pricey for EA for me.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Beta was fun, gonna buy it for sure sometime this year. Not sure how Palworld will impact the game and if they would be better off delaying the game a bit more.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
From their Discord, a couple of days ago. They will reveal the price on launch day/at launch:
"Here's what I can tell you about the price: The game will be a single box price fee, and it will be competitively priced with other similar games and studios in this genre. It will not be priced like a "AAA" title, and the game will not have any day one DLCs or microtranscations. Early access will also be cheaper than the eventual full 1.0 release price."

Rykane

Prophet of Truth
Nov 22, 2019
Can't wait to try this game, the building reminds me a little bit of Everquest Landmark.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Shame it's early access :( Oh well, let it cook, next week is Justice League anyway :P

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
In the demo last year the world felt too empty for my taste. There were enemies to fight yes, but no quests/story or any structure/goal. It was just free form exploring and building. I hope they add more content for the early access launch.
Also the performance felt off. Even with 60+ fps the game felt not fluid, the camera movement was stuttering or something.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they improved the performance since the demo. Since Valheim is one of my favorite games, I'll give it a try for sure.

Jun 1, 2021
In the demo last year the world felt too empty for my taste. There were enemies to fight yes, but no quests/story or any structure/goal. It was just free form exploring and building. I hope they add more content for the early access launch.
Also the performance felt off. Even with 60+ fps the game felt not fluid, the camera movement was stuttering or something.

Yeh it was rough on a beefy pc for me. Actually might hold off to see impressions here first.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I got into V Rising last year and now Im on the lookout for more combat focused crafting/survival looters. I noticed there are a bunch of really good looking ones coming out soon or in development.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I was mid on the demo, mostly because anything interesting was locked, but it also felt like a single-player RPG that pivoted into being a survival game.

Hope it turns out well

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
will for sure get when im done with palworld. its looks really good

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Hoping this hits the survival genre itch I have had. Tried Valheim and the forest 2 but neither did it for me. Want a game I can get lost in for months.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to trying this tomorrow, I missed the demo is this the magical game that will marry survival/building mechanics with actually good combat gameplay???

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
So is this game like Subnautica, in that it has a story to follow along with? It looks like it is half na RPG.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Nice and finally. I'm extremely excited to play this. Loved playing the demo, and I'm looking forward to when it launches.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
This game has been flying under my radar but I did some research and liked what I saw. Excited to try it out tomorrow.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Looks interesting for sure. I've always wanted a more melee combat focused survival game.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
I really got into GROUNDED and I think this could scratch that itch again, but in this world. Looking forward to giving it a go.