How long will Linda Yaccarino last as the new CEO of Twitter/𝕏?

• She will not make it to her desk

Votes: 176 13.1%
  • She will be out within a month

Votes: 100 7.4%
  • She will be out before 9/11

Votes: 201 14.9%
  • She will not last to "𝕏"-mess - you get it right? 🤣

Votes: 344 25.5%
  • She will be there for less than a year

Votes: 312 23.1%
  • She will be there till the end of: The Dark World

Votes: 215 15.9%

• Total voters

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Does he think a publicly traded corporation with a lot of large shareholders and board members, which as a unit is often sociopathically single-minded at cutting costs, would not have already tried to cut as much costs as possible? He wants them to cut $1b out of their annual $6b expenses? In 1 week?
But see the thing is that he's the one that's a genius so they never tried the ideas that he'll have and if they did then they clearly did it wrong and it'll definitely work when he does it

He's literally that "people delude themselves into thinking it'll work but it never does.. but maybe it'll work for us!" Tobias quote from Arrested Development

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
Can't imagine the anxiety they're facing waiting for either a random twitter notification saying you survived, or a personal email saying sorry you're cut

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Twitter actually managed to profit now and then in the last few years after everyone thought it's impossible. So it's a bit hilarious that there are no path to profitability now because Musk overpaid for it and loaded it with so much debt and interest payment.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just a dumb pleb, but is it normal for a large tech company to use Gmail as their company email provider…?

Yes and for similar reasons you might license a game engine from Unreal/Epic. It's just easier, cheaper, and you don't have to worry about a bunch of bullshit that isn't core to your business. Cloud services have become more and more popular for that reason. Internal tools can be a pain in the ass.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Yes and for similar reasons you might license a game engine from Unreal/Epic. It's just easier, cheaper, and you don't have to worry about a bunch of bullshit that isn't core to your business. Cloud services have become more and more popular for that reason. Internal tools can be a pain in the ass.

That makes a lot of sense actually. Thanks for the replies everyone!

Green

Oct 27, 2017

You can run gmail on prem too. Doesn't have to be cloud when using gsuite.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
From her website: "She is currently the Director of META (ML Ethics, Transparency, and Accountability) team at Twitter, leading a team of applied researchers and engineers to identify and mitigate algorithmic harms on the platform."
Easy termination knowing who we're dealing with here.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
I'm just a dumb pleb, but is it normal for a large tech company to use Gmail as their company email provider…?

Yes, the Google Workplace business suite is excellent, tons of businesses of all shapes and sizes use it. It's not like they're using "Gmail" here in the general way, they're using the Google Mail system as their email server provider for their domain.

Oh yeah, this plan can't miss:

The steep infrastructure cuts could put the Twitter website and app at risk of going down during critical events when users are rushing to Twitter to consume and share information, such as during moments of crisis or major political events, the sources said.
that's the point, musk wants to control speech & keep information from spreading To control whatever narrative he deems to be right. It's fucking horse shit & needs to be handled! Musk says the site is a public's square, well he isn't a king that gets to infringe people's ability to practice thier right to free speech because he doesn't agree with said opinions! He just some asshole that didnt even work for his money!

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
It's really weird for a supposed tech guy, to want to cut DOWN on infra.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland

Microsoft Azure vs Google Cloud vs AWS is the great big battle of cloud providers among large enterprises.

Most companies I've worked with use Microsoft 365, but Google Workspace is not that uncommon.

Almost everyone is migrating from on-premise servers to cloud based infrastructure these days, and Google is trying to snatch a meaty slice of that pie.

vrietje

Dec 4, 2018
It's really weird for a supposed tech guy, to want to cut DOWN on infra.
I guess if they have a surplus of servers that only have to something at the absolute peak usage times. So those doing nothing for 95 % of the time., if that is the case, else weird.
Still strange how fast this take over could have taken, and how long the process of microsoft buying game studios take. and yes I know why those take so long.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
If it ever needed repeating - never trust a company or be loyal to them or work more than your hours. They WILL fuck you.
There must have been so many techbro Musk fans at Twitter whose world is now crashing down on them. I am so sorry for everyone affected, but I really do hope this is finally the straw that will bring most of his weirdo cult followers that are not too far gone back to reality. Guy's not a god and neither a genius businessman, just another memelord who had tons of luck and money in his life.

wait is THAT why they pray to him? do they think "it could be me"?

i just blew my own mind i think

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany

View: https://twitter.com/SillyRobin/status/1588402179689558016
So he fired the team working on at least some of the Twitter Blue perks he touted.

What is this? Another weirdo Musk "I'll show them" innovation? Has this existed before and I never saw it?

X7JG8al.png

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
This is like really high value sex work right? Elon payed 44 bilion to be seriously fucked?