• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't this suggest Warren pretty much has the nomination locked up, barring any unforeseen circumstances?

rakich-secondchoice-1014.png
It's been looking like she possibly had this in the bag based off crosstabs for a while (2-3 months ish) now, it just took time for the headlining numbers to catch up to what we were seeing under the hood.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think i'll give warren my vote. I dont believe she will legalize marijuana recreationally but i think she will make it medically legal, or atleast give states the choice. And her plan calls for erasing student debt, which would allow me to get a house one day.

I just want someone whos electable to beat trump in the polls, and someone who isnt biden.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good for her. I think Sanders will rise back up in the next few weeks and hopefully Biden continues to slip. It would be great to see them in the top 2 with Biden dropping to third.

Dont forget about 2% Tom though. Sure cant wait for him at the debate tonight. Maybe he can steal some of Bidens poll numbers.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
People seriously need to start dropping out. Like cmon at this point you know it's not gonna be you if you're Yang or Booker or Beto. Sorry dudes but step aside.

I just googled the question and most think pieces on it are written back in August lol....

Really good news about Warren though. I was almost resigned to it being Biden because our reality is so bad right now but I hope she will take it. She has my primary vote.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I like Warren, I can't help but think that the fact that this country is just as sexist as it is racist is going to hurt her.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How often do they update their tracker? Because she's already back to being behind Biden by a lot (6%) in the RCP average.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my dark horse (as in, not currently a candidate for president) pick for Warren's VP:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruben_Gallego

220px-Ruben_Gallego_official_photo.jpg

He balances Warren in just about every way:

- Hispanic
- Male
- Young
- Veteran
- Hails from Arizona which is practically guaranteed to be a 2020 swing state (and also features a crucial Senate contest)

Also a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and has a solidly liberal voting record.

Unless he has some major skeletons in his closet, I think he'd be great.
And from a super blue district (leaving seats vacant is irrelevant for Beto and Castro but for people who've been thrown about as names in previous years it's an obstacle, like Sherrod Brown).

Update: Warren leads Biden 27-25
OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
How often do they update their tracker? Because she's already back to being behind Biden by a lot (6%) in the RCP average.
Updated just now. Warren leading Biden by 2 points.

Our aggregate of 2020 Democratic primary polls:

Warren: 27 (24-31)
Biden: 25 (23-27)
Sanders: 15 (13-17)
Buttigieg: 6 (5-8)
Harris: 5 (4-6)
Yang: 3 (2-3)
O'Rourke: 2 (1-2)
Klobuchar: 1 (1-2)
Booker: 1 (1-1)
Castro: 1 (1-1)
Gabbard: 1 (1-1)

All else <1%

Oct 27, 2017
I want the VP to be progressive, since assuming everything's goes well they'll eventually run for president and I don't want another Biden situation where some horrible person riding on coattails.