Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
someone translate this quick. god has spoken

www.famitsu.com

【エルデンリングDLC】『SHADOW OF THE ERDTREE』宮崎英高ディレクターの国内メディア独占インタビュー。過去最大規模のDLCで描かれる“影の地”の物語、その詳細が明らかに! | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

2024年6月21日発売予定の『エルデンリング』DLC、『ELDEN RING SHADOW OF THE ERDTREE』。新たな舞台となる“影の地”で描かれる物語、追加される武器種、そしてDLC限定のレベルアップ要素とは? フロム・ソフトウェアの宮崎英高氏が語る、国内メディア独占インタビューをお届けする。
I've ran this through translation apps (so don't quote me) but there's so much info in here - EIGHT new weapon types, alongside additional weapons to the already established ones in the main game

edit: oh, and I see now there's a Eurogamer interview too, so much new info omg

May 21, 2021

www.famitsu.com

【エルデンリングDLC】『SHADOW OF THE ERDTREE』宮崎英高ディレクターの国内メディア独占インタビュー。過去最大規模のDLCで描かれる“影の地”の物語、その詳細が明らかに! | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

2024年6月21日発売予定の『エルデンリング』DLC、『ELDEN RING SHADOW OF THE ERDTREE』。新たな舞台となる“影の地”で描かれる物語、追加される武器種、そしてDLC限定のレベルアップ要素とは? フロム・ソフトウェアの宮崎英高氏が語る、国内メディア独占インタビューをお届けする。
English Translation:
www-famitsu-com.translate.goog

Cheat Code

Oct 30, 2017
image0.jpg
Lmao I fucking hate Miyazaki.

Gonna be a deathblight swamp I bet

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Zen 5 comes out before release. And even better would be some sweet CPU and multithreading optimizations *cough*.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

www.famitsu.com

some quick stuff:

-biggest DLC in From history
-same structure of open field, legacy dungeon, small dungeon
-region bigger than Limgrave
-same timeline as main game. No past/future
-new region, but you can travel between this new region and the main game's region via transfer (portal?)
-entrance to this new region is in front of Mohg boss battle arena
-same approach to difficulty as alway
-difficulty is based on late game of the original
-the original game's ending doesn't have any influence in this DLC.
-8 new weapon types added. New weapons in previous types also added

Oct 26, 2017
I mean...some of the From DLC isn't all sunshine and rainbows. Lol. A few of the DS2 DLC were copy and pasted trash for parts of it. I assume a lot of this DLC will be reusing parts of the overworld which was pretty copy and pasted already.

Sale prices are hardly relevant? Any bit helps. I'm sorry everybody isn't rich. Lol.

You're getting piled on but you were kind of asking for it with this. For three chunky areas that each represent at least two of the original game's areas in content, this is the complete list of reused stuff:

* Cave worm thingies in the optional co-op path in Sunken King.
* A Havel lookalike was already in the Darklurker paths.
* Reused Smelter Demon in the optional co-op path in Old Iron King.
* An Eleum Loyce boss returns but this time there's two of them... in the optional co-op path.
* I guess there are dogs in Eleum Loyce?

Entirely new areas. Entirely new mechanics. Entirely new weapons and enemies. Copy and pasted? Your lazy critique is copy and pasted.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Souls DLC is usually a new side area tackled unto the main game, you don't need to start over or go into NG+ to access it, you can use your current character.
You just go to the area where the DLC begins, usually a door or an eldritch hand rips a hole in space time and pulls you through.
Cool, thanks! Probably need to dive back into my main game and complete some side stuff beforehand in that case to get back in the rhythm of things.

Älg

Banned
May 13, 2018
Really hoping we get some info on how this integrates with the main game so I know whether to get a character up to spec before release. I'm praying I won't have to replay the whole game just for the DLC, but of course it would be on-brand if that were the case.

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
Really hoping we get some info on how this integrates with the main game so I know whether to get a character up to spec before release. I'm praying I won't have to replay the whole game just for the DLC, but of course it would be on-brand if that were the case.
You need to have beat Mohg and you then touch Miquella's arm in the cocoon to access the DLC. I believe the Famitsu interview may also mention that you have to beat Radahn to access it too, but don't quote me on that as the translation may have picked something up wrong.

You can travel between DLC areas and the main game areas at any point.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Sounds like you need to beat Mohg to access the DLC. So that's pretty deep into the game.

Älg

Banned
May 13, 2018
You need to have beat Mohg and you then touch Miquella's arm in the cocoon to access the DLC. I believe the Famitsu interview may also mention that you have to beat Radahn to access it too, but don't quote me on that as the translation may have picked something up wrong.

You can travel between DLC areas and the main game areas at any point.
Fuck.

Guess I'll have to do a +10 Mimic speedrun just to get it over with.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
That actually makes sense if it is set within a dream world, with Messmer being some kind of 'mirrored' protector for Miquella in the shadow realm? Maybe Messmer went rouge and that's why Miquella is seemingly stuck there.

(Actually, absolutely dumb thought. Since Millennia and Miquella are apparently twins each with the curse of death and life, two halves of a whole, maybe they were originally one individual? And maybe that individual was Messmer? The little snippets of info so far seem to indicate that these shadow lands are some kind of shadowy remembrance of the past from when Marika first set foot in the Lands Between and that Messmer was there during that time, so who knows?)
I could totally see it being a shadowy remembrance but I feel that would sort of conflict with it being a "physical" place you get called to by Miquella to accomplish something tangible. I think those lands are literally where Marika either came from or entered to seal away Destined Death and the Gloam Eyed Queen.

I do really like the idea of Mesmer going rogue and trying to stop Miquella/St. Trina. Even Mesmer's name seems like a play on the word "mesmerize" and we know that Miquella had a penchant of "Compelling"(i.e. forcing; See the Bewitching Branch description) the affection of others.

I feel Mesmer, at least design wise represents much more the Life side of the coin since he's bursting with different aspects of it ala the Crucible of Life(Fire, Wings, Snakes). Malenia on the other hand represented Rot and Stagnation, adjacent to death.

Miquella represents abundance and everlasting youth, the opposite of rot so he is paired with Malenia. His alter Ego, St. Trina represents Sleep which is adjacent to death and she would be paired with her opposite representation in Mesmer.

God I love theorizing on these game's lore. Can't wait to see what's true in June!

Jay-T

Oct 28, 2017
From the official trailer:

The Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree release date is June 21, 2024 on PC, PS5 (PlayStation 5), Xbox Series X/S, PS4 (PlayStation 4), and Xbox One.

Thanks.

I meant that in the pre-order page it shows only the PS5 version. Will pre-ordering it give me both PS4 and PS5 versions like the main game? I'd rather play the DLC with the characters I have, and I've only played the PS4 version

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
True that. But might take the dive, if performance etc. are attractive enough, or go the 7800X3D route otherwise. Kinda just want stable 120fps @1440p and it's the poorly-threaded CPU performance that's bottlenecking.
www.youtube.com

Elden Ring l RTX 4080 + Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 1440p Max Settings

Please subscribe to the channel and hit the thumbs up button if you enjoyed the video!Feel free to comment what game you would like to see on the channel. I'...

With a 4080 and 7800x3D it seems possible based on this video. But I did notice some dips in the 100-105 FPS range