rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded the main game again yesterday to get ready for the DLC. Now the question should I start a new char to get back into the groove or should I use one of my exisiting ones?

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
Of all the weapons and all the arts I always go back to Mohgs Spear. It's not just the insane WA, it's the staggers in the regular moveset and the full on charge you get with it. Plus it looks fantastic.

I just wish your tarnished would yell NIIII-HEEEEEEEEEEL whenever they did the WA.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Found this decent checklist of quests, missables, etc. for people who want a close to "100%" run. There are also variant lists for just quests, just collectibles, etc.

Walkthrough | Roundtable Guides

Cheat sheet for Elden Ring. Checklist of things to do, items to get etc.

Very handy to keep open on your phone as you play.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Replaying on mouse & keyboard this time and it feels like my muscle memory is fighting me at every step. Just hope I can get used to it faster

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Found this decent checklist of quests, missables, etc. for people who want a close to "100%" run. There are also variant lists for just quests, just collectibles, etc.

Walkthrough | Roundtable Guides

Cheat sheet for Elden Ring. Checklist of things to do, items to get etc.

Very handy to keep open on your phone as you play.
Much appreciated thank you. Messed up a recent run so doing it over again and making more cuts to pit stops so this will be handy.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Platinumed ER on PS5 but wanted to play the DLC on PC so I bought it on Steam. When I launch it says Inappropriate Activity Detected and won't let me play online. I've tried everything I can find on Google from uninstalling and reinstalling, verifying game files etc. but nothing fixes this. Obviously I haven't even played at all so I surely can't be banned or anything. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Platinumed ER on PS5 but wanted to play the DLC on PC so I bought it on Steam. When I launch it says Inappropriate Activity Detected and won't let me play online. I've tried everything I can find on Google from uninstalling and reinstalling, verifying game files etc. but nothing fixes this. Obviously I haven't even played at all so I surely can't be banned or anything. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Try verifying your game file first then go from there.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Figured it out - I had set Launch Options to select the offline exe ages ago when I'd tried out the DLSS mod.

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020
I don't believe this enemy was shown in the trailer.
GNyTamUXoAAYLSz

View: https://x.com/ELDENRING/status/1791468858106069215

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Ok ERA fam, I've beaten the game with a Sorcerer build (seemingly a million years ago), but I'd like to start fresh with a Vanguard, sans shield to avoid fat rolling, and specializing in Longswords. My questions to you folks are:

1. What is the best (and fairly easiest to acquire) Longsword beyond the starting weapon for a Vanguard?
  2. In preparation for SotE - if possible - what can I do to prepare (gear-wise) for the expansion?
  3. What are some other great gear to augment a Longsword play style that does not use a shield?
  4. Any other tips?
  5. What stats are best tot invest in for this particular class?

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Ok ERA fam, I've beaten the game with a Sorcerer build (seemingly a million years ago), but I'd like to start fresh with a Vanguard, sans shield to avoid fat rolling, and specializing in Longswords. My questions to you folks are:

1. What is the best (and fairly easiest to acquire) Longsword beyond the starting weapon for a Vanguard?
  2. In preparation for SotE - if possible - what can I do to prepare (gear-wise) for the expansion?
  3. What are some other great gear to augment a Longsword play style that does not use a shield?
  4. Any other tips?
  5. What stats are best tot invest in for this particular class?

1. Broadsword has most damage early on at cost of short range and different R2 (no thrust). The very first boss drops an unique one. The rest are fairly similar with difference in scaling and length mostly.

2. Get to endgame and make sure you have bell bearings (especially stone ones). More than anything else having resources to improvise will help.

3. If you use square off having an offhand dagger (right hand swap) for when you stance break is valuable. Figure out if you want to be a spellsword (left hand catalyst/seal) or dual wield since you are not going shield. You can just mix and match too if you have something in mind.

4. Experiment with different playstyles and go through all the moves of a weapon to find something you like.

5. Straight sword is generally most effective as dex focused build with some exceptions. Depending on if you want some form of spell casting you will need to invest in int/fai, and mind if you work in more than just buffs for spell casting. Going spellsword will also open up additional options for straight sword itself.

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
1. Broadsword has most damage early on at cost of short range and different R2 (no thrust). The very first boss drops an unique one. The rest are fairly similar with difference in scaling and length mostly.

2. Get to endgame and make sure you have bell bearings (especially stone ones). More than anything else having resources to improvise will help.

3. If you use square off having an offhand dagger (right hand swap) for when you stance break is valuable. Figure out if you want to be a spellsword (left hand catalyst/seal) or dual wield since you are not going shield. You can just mix and match too if you have something in mind.

4. Experiment with different playstyles and go through all the moves of a weapon to find something you like.

5. Straight sword is generally most effective as dex focused build with some exceptions. Depending on if you want some form of spell casting you will need to invest in int/fai, and mind if you work in more than just buffs for spell casting. Going spellsword will also open up additional options for straight sword itself.

1) Thanks for the input, but I LOVE the play style of the longword.
2) What stats should I invest in if I plan to use the (Starting) Longsword throughout to end game?

Jun 24, 2019
I don't believe this enemy was shown in the trailer.

Nope it hasn't. And I think that's Godwyn ressurected, in some monsterous Chimera ritual

It's weird to post an image of what we assume was the final boss of the dlc.

I'm guessin the final boss is even more terrifying.

update: I think he's "birthed", coming out of another person's body as the top part is obscured.

Last edited:
May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
Nope it hasn't. And I think that's Godwyn ressurected, in some monsterous Chimera ritual

I still think the final boss is the guy pulling the sword out of his head! /s

I dunno, I have a feeling we haven't seen the last boss, and the enemy in the twitter post is the equivalent to this expansions revenant.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
1) Thanks for the input, but I LOVE the play style of the longword.
2) What stats should I invest in if I plan to use the (Starting) Longsword throughout to end game?

Get comfortable amount of vigor and endurance.
If no magic, dex and make the weapon keen affinity
If magic, more even split of dex and int or fai, depending on your choice of magic.

Jun 24, 2019
I dunno, I have a feeling we haven't seen the last boss, and
Yeah we haven't seen the final boss, maybe it's the GEQ or twin deathbird...bah it could be anything.

the enemy in the twitter post is the equivalent to this expansions revenant

A revanant with Chakrams!

but seriously it's Godwyn. It has his long hair, curse wound and waist cloth. His arms are also hanging in the similar fashion as his corpse.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
What is the best (and fairly easiest to acquire) Longsword beyond the starting weapon for a Vanguard?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfd-09m63t4

The presentation can be a bit dry and no guarantee some numbers haven't been patched, but the broad strokes should still apply here. Skip through the chapters and check out the swords by hitbox length and movesets, and then the summary.

Broadsword or Warhawk Talon are all-around good stat sticks. But the tradeoff is range. Noble's Slender Sword is a long long boy, but it is a very rare drop.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
Yeah we haven't seen the final boss, maybe it's the GEQ or twin deathbird...bah it could be anything.

A revanant with Chakrams!

but seriously it's Godwyn. It has his long hair, curse wound and waist cloth. His arms are also hanging in the similar fashion as his corpse.

I think he might be a little hysterical...

...because he's in the shape of a uterus with ovaries, see?

Jun 24, 2019
Yeah it was entirely supposed to be a pun on his general... well... everything regarding that pose.
Yep 'hystera' is uterus in Greek. However do be mindful of the language as Hysteria is a misogynistic diagnosis and supersition. If someone was to read your comment without knowing the word-play, they'd think you are being sexist, even if that wasn't your intention.

That said, you're spot on with the visual symbolism. I did think the Chakrams resembles Ovaries, and Godwyn represents the baby in the womb.

Also the Chakrams reminds me of the letter 'O' in the DLC trailer, symbolising the Ouroboros.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
Yep 'hystera' is uterus in Greek. However do be mindful of the language as Hysteria is a misogynistic diagnosis and supersition. If someone was to read your comment without knowing the word-play, they'd think you are being sexist, even if that wasn't your intention.

Noted!

That said, you're spot on with the visual symbolism. I did think the Chakrams resembles Ovaries, and Godwyn represents the baby in the womb.

Also the Chakrams reminds me of the letter 'O' in the DLC trailer, symbolising the Ouroboros.

The ouroboros symbolism completely escaped me until you brought this up. Unending rebirth?

From always managed to knock it out of the park with their enemy design. This DLC has so far really shown why they took 2 and a half years to finish it.

Jun 24, 2019
The ouroboros symbolism completely escaped me until you brought this up. Unending rebirth?

From always managed to knock it out of the park with their enemy design. This DLC has so far really shown why they took 2 and a half years to finish it.
Yep, and another allegory is the futility of immortality. We the Tarnished have to put a stop to it (via destined death), and give Godwyn his eternal rest.

FROM never ceases to amaze us with boss + enemy designs. Not to mention how dense the map will be as there's gonna be a lot of vertical platforming and layered dungeons :)

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020

update: I think he's "birthed", coming out of another person's body as the top part is obscured.

If you turn up the brightness you can see the details of the back end more clearly (and there's a second foot down there, who knew).
k9N0cJQ.jpeg

Oracleofdust

Prophet of Regret
Nov 3, 2017
I've tried to play this game multiple times and I always fell off hard without knowing why.
I tried a build, had fun, killed some bosses and then I would just stop playing.
I think I have figured out why this happens with me. The entire game world is very intricate with lots of directions to go and places to discover. I just get overwhelmed and zone out completely. Then after 20-25 hours I quit. Now you can say: this game isn't for you. But I keep coming back to it to try again. With the DLC that's coming I decided to try once again. Made a new character, and now I'm playing with a completionist guide. This is exactly the thing I was looking for. A checklist with things to do, so I can cross them off and move on without having the feeling of missing stuff. I think now might be the run where I'll finally complete the game.
Does this sound familiar to anyone else? I have ADHD and open world games are a problem for me in general, because I never finish them.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried to play this game multiple times and I always fell off hard without knowing why.
I tried a build, had fun, killed some bosses and then I would just stop playing.
I think I have figured out why this happens with me. The entire game world is very intricate with lots of directions to go and places to discover. I just get overwhelmed and zone out completely. Then after 20-25 hours I quit. Now you can say: this game isn't for you. But I keep coming back to it to try again. With the DLC that's coming I decided to try once again. Made a new character, and now I'm playing with a completionist guide. This is exactly the thing I was looking for. A checklist with things to do, so I can cross them off and move on without having the feeling of missing stuff. I think now might be the run where I'll finally complete the game.
Does this sound familiar to anyone else? I have ADHD and open world games are a problem for me in general, because I never finish them.

I mean yeah absolutely, any open world game of this magnitude can cause burnout. The great thing about this game is you can essentially fast track to the endgame by following the grace arrows, albeit it will be harder because you are not leveling up as much but definitely possible. So if the open world portions are not doing it for people that's what I always suggest.

Glad you found a path where you are able to enjoy your current playthrough!

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, this sounds very much like my experience with big open world games, too. I have restarted Elden Ring so many times that I've basically mastered the first half of the game and it feels like my "new game" experience starts after I beat Morgott.

For ppl with attention issues like me, using a guide is very helpful. I used Thingfishy's starter guide and now I've memorized it lol.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
So I played the absolute shit out of this game when it came out but haven't touched it in a minute. I'm looking at the decision between using my level 180 NG+ character for the DLC or starting a new game and playing far enough to get to the DLC content.

I'm trying to remember how far into the game the DLC entry point is … I guess I'd also have to make sure I'm taking my time enough to not be massively underleveled in the new area.

Just curious what other people in this situation are planning to do.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
So I played the absolute shit out of this game when it came out but haven't touched it in a minute. I'm looking at the decision between using my level 180 NG+ character for the DLC or starting a new game and playing far enough to get to the DLC content.

I'm trying to remember how far into the game the DLC entry point is … I guess I'd also have to make sure I'm taking my time enough to not be massively underleveled in the new area.

Been a long time since I've played the game as well. I'm starting a new game from scratch for the DLC.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OK, I think I know what build I am going into the DLC with.

Faith/Int because it's versatile and ready to adapt to whatever the DLC brings. Main hand is a Longsword with either Flame Art, Magic, or Cold infusions depending on the situation, usually with the Square Off ash of war but sometimes Glintblade Phalynx, Flaming Strike, or Endure. I play melee-first, magic backup in general.

Offhand is the Sword of Night and Flame. I mean, it's the only real Fai/Int weapon, so I gotta. I keep it offhand because the Ash is overkill for trash and I can just 2hand it for bosses if I need to, and the crazy AR works just fine left-handed in a powerstance. The Longsword has better versatility via Ash swapping, and it's more sustainable FP-wise. The damage from just mashing L1 powerstanced here is pretty silly.

Golden Order seal and Prince of Death staff for spells. I use the Discus of Light incantation for ranged needs (best damage-per-FP spell in the game and nothing even comes close,) Golden Vow and Flame Grant Me Strength as buffs, and some Death Sorceries like Explosive Ghostflame and the Rancor sorceries for fire-resistant enemies. Law of Regression can be clutch as a catch-all cleanse, too. Really, Discus of Light is worth all the hassle of going Fai/Int if I am being honest. It can carry, handily.

Name: Sleia Gorgona
Attitude:
515f319b-4741-4138-91ad-14369fa4d9643.png

Let's go June 21st!

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone spare a standard, unupgraded Uchigatana on the PS4 version? It'd be appreciated.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
Installed the game again (PS4 disc version) to see if I'll start a new char or whatever, but this time on the PS5, and now I can get the free upgrade to the PS5 version.

I see some people still saying that playing the PS4 version on PS5 is the best way to do it? Or do I grab the PS5 upgrade?

(Also, did they fix the thing where if you upgrade, your PS5 would still start installing the PS4 version whenever you popped the disc in, happened with FF7 Remake to me?).

ced

Oct 27, 2017
Ok good I have a character sitting right at Mohg, just can't beat him since I rushed there in what is probably NG3 lol.

Hopefully lots of COOP signs sitting there on DLC release day.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
image.png

This kinda fun lol

Lostgamer

Lostgamer tests your gaming geography skills. Dropped into a gaming world, you must use your surroundings to locate your position and get a high score!

Jun 24, 2019

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uT8wGtB3yQ

"The beginning...the seduction, and the betrayal..."

Marika pulled a Griffith in her ascension to Godhood.

"What followed a war unseen. A purge without grace or honour."

A hidden ongoing genocide of Crucible beings.

"The tyranny of Messmer's flame."

Messmer is a meaner version of Morgott.

"And so kindly Miquella would abandon everything."

His golden flesh, lineage, strength, fate...and later his simps.

"But we are not deterred. We choose to follow."

Ominous charisma to compel affection onto others.

Other thoughts:
Land of Shadow is not in stasis, the war is happening in real time.
Messmer seems to be anti-graceless yet represents blasphemies to the Erdtree. Maybe he took the mantle to do his mother's dirty work.
I doubt Miquella to be "kind", but I don't think he's super antagonistic either. He reminds me of Watchman's Ozymandias.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, this might not be a new take, but having just beaten Mogh again after getting my DLC-ready character, erm, ready, I noticed a thing. Bear with me here. I don't have images because I can't capture them from video.

In the first trailer for SotED, the very end of the trailer shows what seems like Miquella holding his hand up in a very specific way that sort of mirrors the shape of the shadow tree. It's a very distinctive gesture.

Upon seeing it, I only noted that it was similar in silhouette to the shape of the tree.

But after beating Mogh again in prep for the DLC, I noticed that the hand raised from the cocoon is set in the same position as Miquella's hand at the end of the DLC trailer. It falls, of course, but it is set there when we first see it. It's the exact same position.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017

I started a new character also for the dlc and my goal is to get between 100-150ish. The entry point is very much in endgame and accessed via the Consecrated Snowfields. With a month to go I'd say it's very doable.

I'm also running a super OP bleed build where everything including bosses die in a few hits, which is speeding things up. You can always ask friends for runes also or visit Patches Emporium on Reddit if short on time.

Ok good I have a character sitting right at Mohg, just can't beat him since I rushed there in what is probably NG3 lol.

Hopefully lots of COOP signs sitting there on DLC release day.

If you can't beat Mohg you may have a rough start, I'll echo the above and say you may want to get somewhere between 100-150+.

mdf/markus

Oct 30, 2017
There's no way to transfer my PS5 save file to PC, right?

Would love to double dip on Steam, but don't want to go through the whole base game again before the DLC ...