• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, the OT title we were promised.

Ending question...

I only got one option in a menu to pick. Guess that means I didn't finish Ranni's quest? I kinda thought I did, at least I wasn't sure what else I was supposed to do.

For her ending there's a summon sign on the ground you have to examine instead.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm a little stuck on Blaidd's quest and am not sure if I'm missing something or if it's bugged…

I'm having some issues with this one. I've been following a guide for it as I was a bit lost, but a seemingly important step isn't triggering. I've met up with Blaidd in Siofra River and he told me to speak to Sorceress Sellen - however when I go to her, I just get her store prompts and no ability to talk to her about the quest. Any ideas?! I really want to see his and Ranni's quests through!

You gotta talk to Selvius, whose tower is just south of Ranni's. He'll give you a letter to take to Sellen, talk to her and she'll give you the advice for the next steps.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Is coop broken on PC? Brother tried summoning me 8 times and they all end in Connection Error the moment I load in.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Just beat Malenia. 90% of bosses only took me one or two tries, with the rest being still 5 or under. Malenia took me easily over 200. It's been three days. Done though. No summons, no spirits.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, the OT title we were promised.

Ending question...

I only got one option in a menu to pick. Guess that means I didn't finish Ranni's quest? I kinda thought I did, at least I wasn't sure what else I was supposed to do.
Ranni's is a summon sign on the floor because she does not want to repair the ring. The body will either

-have all repair options that you have unlocked available

-lord of frenzied flame that will override all other options

Brooks04

May 9, 2018
What's the best place to go to after Altus Plateau? I've completed Caleid South and Radahn. Should I start the Capital or Mt. Gelmir? I've explored a bit in both places. currently level 78 with 40 vigor, 40 strength and 23 endurance.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm shook! SHOOK!!!

Also, standing ovation for this player

www.youtube.com

ELDEN RING | Malenia, Blade of Miquella Solo, Level 1, No Bleed/Frost, No Ash Kill

Many hours of practice to pull this off, very happy to get this kill! Enjoy it, and hopefully it helps if you're still having trouble with her. (i wouldn't r...

Of course it's Lobos. He's insane.

Also, Zullie has a bunch of videos showing the faces of NPCs (spoilers obviously), with added customization stats so you can recreate them.

AnimeJesus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just beat Malenia. 90% of bosses only took me one or two tries, with the rest being still 5 or under. Malenia took me easily over 200. It's been three days. Done though. No summons, no spirits.

Damn…I can reliably get through her first phase with Mimic but still having trouble with phase 2.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
What's the best place to go to after Altus Plateau? I've completed Caleid South and Radahn. Should I start the Capital or Mt. Gelmir? I've explored a bit in both places. currently level 78 with 40 vigor, 40 strength and 23 endurance.

I'm 70 and chose to explore Gelmir first before going to Capital. Currently doing that right now but will check out the Capital this weekend.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Ok, yo, FUCK the Lake of Rot. Easily the worst swamp area in a souls game imo. The concept is good, revealing more safe spots as you go with some things far out you need to get exposed to in order to get, but with my best immunity gear I was still having trouble (450 or 540 or something). It takes SO LONG for the rot to subside so there was so much waiting because the rot cure balls take a really rare material to make so I didn't have much to use and the run back to the boss was so painful (the lake boss) Just SO MUCH island hopping and waiting minutes for the thing to run out only to get killed or pulled into the rot or have my ash be an idiot and drag the boss away from me. Actually went into offline mode, disabled EAC and made it so I wouldn't get rot. Only time I've cheated like that in a Souls game (usually in a NG+ or something I'll give myself souls or rerolls to respec and try new builds).

Next part was miles better even if it was full of maybe my most hated normal enemy types.
Honestly why bother with immunity gear? I just went through it while healing myself. You easily last minutes with just the flasks. Only came back to the grace twice and the are was done in like 15min. The part with the rot at least.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I'm surprised people find lake of rot so hard, next to all the other stuff in this game that's really hard.

All I did was tank it with flasks. Fought a few froggies. But damage over time being tanked outside of boss fights is how I go, only use the cures on a certain boss fight

edit oh there is a boss in it, missed that lol

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Damn…I can reliably get through her first phase with Mimic but still having trouble with phase 2.
I couldnt even the first phase that reliable. Even after the 200 tries i was only getting to her second phase like every 6-7 tries. And the second phase wasnt any better. When i mamaged to beat her it all woked so perfectly in the second phase. She died in like 15 seconds and im not sure if i even got hit. Triggered the bleed really fast and then the stagger cam right after, after the critical hit she had like 15% of her health left so a jumping attack and the follow up did it. This is with dual greatswords with 60dex 50str.

Smemma

Jul 10, 2020
You gotta talk to Selvius, whose tower is just south of Ranni's. He'll give you a letter to take to Sellen, talk to her and she'll give you the advice for the next steps.
cheers, however I did that a while ago and it hasn't triggered anything with Sellen - and when I go back to speak to Selvius he just tells me to go away! Very confused…

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I am at 90 hours now and this game is still going, still finding new areas and still fighting new bosses. It's kind of exhausting, usually I struggle with single player games over 30 hours too.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little stuck on Blaidd's quest and am not sure if I'm missing something or if it's bugged…

I'm having some issues with this one. I've been following a guide for it as I was a bit lost, but a seemingly important step isn't triggering. I've met up with Blaidd in Siofra River and he told me to speak to Sorceress Sellen - however when I go to her, I just get her store prompts and no ability to talk to her about the quest. Any ideas?! I really want to see his and Ranni's quests through!

I feel a little like you are trying to skip a step.

I think blaiid tells you to talk to seluvius who tells you to go to sellen

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Damn OT3 already, nothing stops this train.

For anyone curious to see some out of bounds stuff a new Boundary Break episode for Elden Ring is out.

(starts at 00:20)

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
It was like 500 for me, the second phase is a nightmare I still don't know how to handle at all

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Of course it's Lobos. He's insane.

Also, Zullie has a bunch of videos showing the faces of NPCs (spoilers obviously), with added customization stats so you can recreate them.

Saw this earlier, sooooo good. Amazingly many look like I "expected." Gideon Ofnir is a work of art and Dung Eater is... well... Dung Eater.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Ok, yo, FUCK the Lake of Rot. Easily the worst swamp area in a souls game imo. The concept is good, revealing more safe spots as you go with some things far out you need to get exposed to in order to get, but with my best immunity gear I was still having trouble (450 or 540 or something). It takes SO LONG for the rot to subside so there was so much waiting because the rot cure balls take a really rare material to make so I didn't have much to use and the run back to the boss was so painful (the lake boss) Just SO MUCH island hopping and waiting minutes for the thing to run out only to get killed or pulled into the rot or have my ash be an idiot and drag the boss away from me. Actually went into offline mode, disabled EAC and made it so I wouldn't get rot. Only time I've cheated like that in a Souls game (usually in a NG+ or something I'll give myself souls or rerolls to respec and try new builds).

Next part was miles better even if it was full of maybe my most hated normal enemy types.
Get naked and run to the next bonfire while healing along the way. It should be pretty obvious where the next bonfire is.
Don't waste time waiting for the rot meter to go down, just run past to next bonfire. Then you can come back for items and such using fast travel to get back.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Just out in the field minding my own business collecting items and out of nowhere boss music plays, boss bar appears and a creepy boss just swoops in out of nowhere. This game is amazing.

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
Finally looking to jump into this. Any general tips for the first 5 hours or so? Upgrades? Items to hunt? Etc?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017

I can get through phase 1 without getting hit now. Second phase has some tricks that I need to work out. The multi spirit move is crazy

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018

He told you to talk to Sorcerer Seluvis

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Yo what the fuck lol

I'm 150 hours into the game and just now realized watching northern lion that you press triangle or Y on the map screen and get a list of bonfires instead of searching for it on the map!

Edit: also above message what a troll 😂

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Yo what the fuck lol

I'm 150 hours into the game and just now realized watching northern lion that you press triangle or Y on the map screen and get a list of bonfires instead of searching for it on the map!

Edit: also above message what a troll 😂
Wait till you see what happens when you click R3 while on the map screen :)

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
prattling-pate-you%27re-beautiful-consumable-elden-ring-wiki-guide-200.png

You're beautiful...

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
Third thread already, and I'm still nowhere near beating the game. This has to be the first time a game's hype matched my opinion on it.