• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn Dist just beat the game in 38 minutes.
michael-jordan-laughing.gif

You've just gotta laugh haven't you? He really is a remarkable dude.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so safe to assume that if you kill that
little fucker (pref. after you ask him to open the main gate for completion sake if you so wish to) early on, not only will he not steal your runes when you die in Stormveil Castle, but you also don't get locked in that room with that knight for example right?

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
Looking for some tips re build - I am currently level 40-ish, doing the Academy area. Running mostly STR, with around 26-27 points in it, a few points in DEX, rest in health / stamina. Weapon I am using is Crescent Axe, which has a weapon art that makes it scale with STR more.

I'm just wondering - is it viable at this stage to try and put some points into INT and try and use a bit of magic? I'm finding a load of magic related items at the moment and considering trying them out (never really done magic in a Souls game properly before. I'm thinking mostly as buffs but with a bit of ranged as well). Or should I just wait until I can respec and then try and redo my build then?

Generally, the main thing that I'm worried about is an onslaught of fast-paced bosses that my STR build will not be able to keep up with, or ones where ranged combat is going to become a necessity.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I don't know, it was quite easy for me, as I said in a previous post. The initial shots are easy to dodge, and still it took two of those to kill me. But while jumping into the fray sometimes I did get killed (and those purpe meteors were an ohko for me).

I think that's a fight where you have to take things sort of slowly. Because he's so far off in the distance, I think some players have a tendency to want to rush towards him, either on horse or on foot.

But all he does in the first part is launch those magic projectiles, and you can tilt your camera a bit to see the ball coming at you in a trajectory and dodge it while steadily trotting up towards him and getting all the summons. You can basically take your sweet time. Then you can just get on your horse and dodge everything else pretty easily by just running away from attacks, like the arrows, while your summons go up and start slapping him as you get your hits in. Most of the summons die pretty quickly but not so quickly you can't get good damage in on horseback.

I don't really get all the hubbub about that fight, to be honest. I get it a million times more for Margit or even Godrick. I don't know what keeps killing people with this one. I get it if you don't do good damage, because then it's a slog against a boss who can hit hard, but that also goes for basically all of them. I don't know what makes Raddy so special, at least not in a way proportionate to how much people talk about him.

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
little fucker (pref. after you ask him to open the main gate for completion sake if you so wish to) early on, not only will he not steal your runes when you die in Stormveil Castle, but you also don't get locked in that room with that knight for example right?

Yup, tried that on a second character and didn't get locked into that dark room in the castle

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Good lord, I think I got a lil map spoiler and I assumed I was like 2/4 maybe almost even 3/4 done with the game and just realized I'm barely 1/4. How. Why. Not sure if I can finish this... lol

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Yeah no it's extremely frustrating.

Like right now I'm finding whole areas I missed that I'm just annihilating because now I'm overleveled, and I was underleveled for other parts. There's just no way to tell where you're supposed to be or what level range you should ever be. So it never really feels like anything is balanced. You're either overpowered or underpowered.

..how the hell did you upgrade your weap to 11 though, I'm 98 and I'm only at +9
Shrug? Add it to the list. I try to mark my map in game but fuck knows where I got the upgrade materials for pretty much anything I've done.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, tried that on a second character and didn't get locked into that dark room in the castle

good good. You know, I think I'm actually going to do the south zone (what's called again? weeping peninsula?) before Stormveil this time, last time I ddi it after and I was terribly overleveled. It's a small zone anyway.

Good lord, I think I got a lil map spoiler and I assumed I was like 2/4 maybe almost even 3/4 done with the game and just realized I'm barely 1/4. How. Why. Not sure if I can finish this... lol

the way the map just kept expanding and zooming out more and more was ridiculous

Oct 27, 2017
so for the Mt. Gelmir zone,

is the only way to reach the areas around the mountain to get abducted in the Academy and fight your way through? that seems very obscure if true, but maybe I missed a way down from the regular mountain path. Patches was leading me somewhere before the manor so that could have been it
No, you can do it directly without being abducted, because I did it literally 10 minutes ago.

You need to start off from the Erdtree Gazing Hill grace, head north up the small hill, then follow the path all the way round. You'll know you're on the right track when you find the Seethewater River Grace. Follow the valley past a load of geysers and you'll end up at a new grace with the Fort nearby.

Any clues on how to reach the surface above Albinaurics?

And where to find the right half of that medallion you find in the village?

You need to do Ranni's questline to access that area.

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think my primary frustration with this game is that I just have zero concept of how far in I am. Full stop. Every other Souls game had a very natural curve and I was able to recognize "I'm in the early game, mid-game, late game".

I'm level 60ish right now and as far as I know, I'm still in the early game. I've upgraded my weapon to +11, my vit, end, and strength are probably in low 30s. I've got a (somewhat upgraded) greatshield.

Everything hits like a truck. Everything. Every minor enemy takes 3-4 hits to get down, when I feel like I would be one-shotting a lot of shit in previous Souls games. I feel like I've taken every wrong turn you can take in this game. The sense of exploration has given away to just pure frustration. I don't want to figure out how to get down a cliff face any more, I just want to get to a thing that will move shit forward.

Sigh.

I love Souls games to death, but I don't think I can deal with Elden Ring anymore. And I'll keep making myself crazy and pounding away at it, I know I will.
I think once you complete stormveil and
go to roundtable and talk to the main dude there. He tells you about the people you need to defeat, and where they are roughly. A good indicator of progress.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
I think that's a fight where you have to take things sort of slowly. Because he's so far off in the distance, I think some players have a tendency to want to rush towards him, either on horse or on foot.

But all he does in the first part is launch those magic projectiles, and you can tilt your camera a bit to see the ball coming at you in a trajectory and dodge it while steadily trotting up towards him and getting all the summons. You can basically take your sweet time. Then you can just get on your horse and dodge everything else pretty easily by just running away from attacks, like the arrows, while your summons go up and start slapping him as you get your hits in. Most of the summons die pretty quickly but not so quickly you can't get good damage in on horseback.

I don't really get all the hubbub about that fight, to be honest. I get it a million times more for Margit or even Godrick. I don't know what keeps killing people with this one. I get it if you don't do good damage, because then it's a slog against a boss who can hit hard, but that also goes for basically all of them. I don't know what makes Raddy so special, at least not in a way proportionate to how much people talk about him.
Same. Add to that, the fact that you can summon people again after they die, it basically ends itself. On my winning attempt I landed maybe three hits on him. I think people keep dying because they take on the fight undeleveled (just look at how many people in this thread said Caelid is an early game area), and don't notice the new summon signs so they start fighting him 1v1 and get oneshot.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I think once you complete stormveil and
go to roundtable and talk to the main dude there. He tells you about the people you need to defeat, and where they are roughly. A good indicator of progress.
Should I ignore the thing where he's told me to go to what looks like Final Boss area? I've beaten two bosses.

Roronoa_Zoro

Jan 15, 2022
Pittsburgh
Oh my God I just saw this post and...yeah I've wasted so many points. I need to Respec asap.

www.naguide.com

ELDEN RING Stat Breakpoints Guide - naguide

Welcome to our ELDEN RING Stat Breakpoints Guide. Analyzing each added stat point and its benefits to find where the diminishing..

Had no idea they leveled off so fast. Also had no IDEA dexterity increased cast speed!? Wtf that would be amazing!

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Is there diminishing returns on some stats? I think going way over 60 with int was kind of a bad idea and could have been used elsewhere. Thought I heard something about basically it stops getting you as much after a certain point. Thinking when I respec I'll put less on vit and int and more into mind and stamina and possibly some arcane and strength to be able to wear things

There are some int weapons that do seem to benefit from past 60 such as Moonveil, they aren't just one point damage increases, I think its three per level? Anywho only other reason to go past 60 is for the Moon spell remembrance that requires 70 int but personally I haven't found much use for it against late game encounters. Azur, rock sling, and Loretta's Mastery are my go to's, with Terra Magicus to increase damage (which is definitely harder to consistently use against certain bosses always on the move or out of range).

edit: Was looking up spells just now on the wiki and just found out Ranni has her own Moon spell that is apparently 20% better at magic negation against enemies than the other one, and apparently I'm locked out of getting it where I'm at in the game 😭

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I haven't completed all the flasks stuff, I have 13 flasks at +8, I might complete them before the last bosses

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god this Ulcerated Tree Spirit at Elphael is some nonsense.
"What if we put 1st form Ludwig in a room the size of Pinwheel's, oh and the floor is scarlet rot, too?"

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
Fort Laiedd or something like that? I'm not sure now but I think there is a way besides patches kicking you down below. I would have to check.
Yes there is, posted about it a couple page back. There are some dungeons on the way too.
Ooooh, so that's why it happens.
Though you'd miss him kicking and dissing Godrick after the fight...

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Holy hell! I'm riding such a high now!

I actually wanted to advance more into the Nortj because my main objective is the Acadamy now, but I had a bit left to explore in East Limgrave and by accident I went across the border to Caelid and going there I decided: oh well, let's just dip my toe there and feel the water. I was fighting my way through which was extremely challenging and somehow managed to find a cave with a big ass giant dragon in it!

I was not sure if I could win this fight, because I felt a bit underleveled and honestly: the fight looked visually just stunning, but there were some bullshit elements in it, but SOMEHOW I won and was extremely surprised and delighted that I got the Moonveil each and everyone here in this thread was raving about! I feel so happy to have found it on my own.

The downside: I have 10 INT on my current build and this weapon needs 23. So, where and when can I respec my stats? (Or I need to sink my next 13 levels into INT...)

And also: what makes the Moonveil so soecial? Because just looking at it my current weapon has a lot of more physical attack power compared to it (Bloodhounds fang).

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
Maybe I need to test it out more first, but the 50 FTH incantation (Elden Stars) is downright depressing. It did like 20-30 damage per hit on a dragon that I'm jump attacking for 1k+.

And talking about depression, I should stop looking up quests. I fumbled Blaidd's one so bad... And it's so easy to fumble them all.

Roronoa_Zoro

Jan 15, 2022
Pittsburgh
There are some int weapons that do seem to benefit from past 60 such as Moonveil, they aren't just one point damage increases, I think its three per level? Anywho only other reason to go past 60 is for the Moon spell remembrance that requires 70 int but personally I haven't found much use for it against late game encounters. Azur, rock sling, and Loretta's Mastery are my go to's, with Terra Magicus to increase damage (which is definitely harder to consistently use against certain bosses always on the move or out of range).
I haven't completed all the flasks stuff, I have 13 flasks at +8, I might complete them before the last bosses
You two just made me realize how terrible my guy is despite me farming and benefiting from some generous hosts (they gave me some Elden runes that were like 50,000 each). I don't have any of those spells and have like 7 flasks at +4 lol but I guess being only 30 hours in or so I expected that I'd still be upgrading for awhile

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yes there is, posted about it a couple page back. There are some dungeons on the way too.

Ooooh, so that's why it happens.
Though you'd miss him kicking and dissing Godrick after the fight...

I already saw that the first time :p

You two just made me realize how terrible my guy is despite me farming and benefiting from some generous hosts (they gave me some Elden runes that were like 50,000 each). I don't have any of those spells and have like 7 flasks at +4 lol but I guess being only 30 hours in or so I expected that I'd still be upgrading for awhile

my mage is only 5 hours in and already has 7 flasks +2 :3

it's my second char tho I know where shit is

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Same. Add to that, the fact that you can summon people again after they die, it basically ends itself. On my winning attempt I landed maybe three hits on him. I think people keep dying because they take on the fight undeleveled (just look at how many people in this thread said Caelid is an early game area), and don't notice the new summon signs so they start fighting him 1v1 and get oneshot.

I don't even know if it's that. Well part of it may be because you can get to him quite early, but I've heard a lot of complaints that his magic balls at the start keep killing people and it's like, come on. They're so telegraphed and easy to dodge. He launches them from a thousand miles away. Again, Margit to me was way harder, and didn't telegraph anything nearly as openly. That's a boss that deserves its reputation.

Also people kept calling Radahn a gimmick fight? What? It's a totally normal boss fight. You go up and hit him until he dies. You don't have to play some goofy mini-game or find some strange secret to win. You just hit him until his health bar goes to zero like every other enemy.

I was so underwhelmed, haha. I expected something so much more severe.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017

Hey don't feel too bad I only discovered upgrading flasks was a thing prior to the last few bosses in the game at over 100 hours playtime. Talk about giving myself an unnecessary handicap :P

Status
Not open for further replies.