Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
Elden Ring out of context

Got the spear crucible knight stuff and changed to it immediately lol There's a bunch of FTH weapons I wanna try but there's so little somber stones...

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Credits rolled at 45hrs. Awesome bosses towards the end. Still think they could've cut some dead weight around the mid-late game section for the better. Accidentally triggered an NPC's ending as I thought their sign was a generic dev message lol.
Don't how to feel yet. There's an amazing game in there, which you experience in the first 20hrs~, but it wears off... doesn't help you get stupidly OP. Makes the world feel trivial.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
just when i thought i'd discovered every part of the map of course i go and stumble into another area, Mohgwyn. this also happens to be, hands down, the creepiest/scariest area in the entire game. i have literally spent my entire time here running away from everything. it's like a condensed version of Caelid on steroids.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having fun invading, but PVP is a bit of a mess lol
Kinda hope they tune down weapon arts across the board for PVP. I don't really wanna see 60VIG + 2 HP Talismans for EVERY standard PVP build but it seems like that's what's gonna happen

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
Still not sure how much I like the fight overall, but I'm in love with the OST for Beast Clergyman. Which is a good thing considering its playing a lot in the background because my boyfriend has been trying to beat them for about 2 hours now lol

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So this post on reddit:

fvnrwseogml81.jpg

first comment also nails it: "I'm so glad that Elden Ring doesn't have a quest log or markers of any kind. I much prefer doing things the old fashioned way: looking stuff up on Fextralife"

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So this post on reddit:

fvnrwseogml81.jpg

first comment also nails it: "I'm so glad that Elden Ring doesn't have a quest log or markers of any kind. I much prefer doing things the old fashioned way: looking stuff up on Fextralife"

This is cracking me tf up LMAOOOOO. But they are right. It's so absurd in this game. Especially when you consider how big the world is. They could be fucking anywhere. Luckily for me I happened to know where she was, but other NPCs? Not so much. I could not find the D's bro as everyone who talks in this game does not "have a name" over their words. In this particular case, D's bro does not even talk period. He literally moans and doesnt speak a word. So this makes it doubly hard to google him because his lines are "......" and then "nggh" or something to that effect. Little DID I KNOW THAT WAS HIM RIGHT THERE. I had to google NPC who doesnt speak in aqueducts. Absolutely ridic.

I didnt even know I HAD to find D's bro anyway. I was looking for another item and stumbled upon that. EVERYTHING is so cryptic and it is crazy af.

Also that character looks like sophitia from soul calibur.

Ozymandias

Jun 9, 2018
Credits rolled at 45hrs. Awesome bosses towards the end. Still think they could've cut some dead weight around the mid-late game section for the better. Accidentally triggered an NPC's ending as I thought their sign was a generic dev message lol.
Don't how to feel yet. There's an amazing game in there, which you experience in the first 20hrs~, but it wears off... doesn't help you get stupidly OP. Makes the world feel trivial.

Any finish below 70 hours, is a speed run as far as I'm concerned lol the game continues to be amazing throughout, at least for me and I'm also OP from 25 hours in. The world just keeps getting bigger and better. Maybe it helps that I have been actively avoid playing too much in a row and switching up with GT7 and Apex

I don't thinks that's a common experience 😅

You're probably quite good at the game.

I don't die often and I have 70 hours, also am OP and I'm not sure I'm even at the middle of the game. But I don't use any guide or search about anything. I only was able to buy sorceries after 40 hours because I missed some stairs and eventually went back there. This game can create vastly different experiences between players.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Still not sure how much I like the fight overall, but I'm in love with the OST for Beast Clergyman. Which is a good thing considering its playing a lot in the background because my boyfriend has been trying to beat them for about 2 hours now lol
I got to this fight last night and fuck yeah the music was hype and the fight is terrifying. I went in wailed on the first half the health bar no problem, then the transformation happened and it was like ohhhhhh shiiiiiit... I'm currently looking today to get through him, the fucking miniboss outside of his room please tell me that dude won't respawn when I kill him, and the dragon. All 3 seem awesome though.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
So late game summon question
so I found the jellyfish summons sister? Once I summoned her they flew off together and a seal was broken? Any idea where this seal is?

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
This is cracking me tf up LMAOOOOO. But they are right. It's so absurd in this game. Especially when you consider how big the world is. They could be fucking anywhere. Luckily for me I happened to know where she was, but other NPCs? Not so much. I could not find the D's bro as everyone who talks in this game does not "have a name" over their words. In this particular case, D's bro does not even talk period. He literally moans and doesnt speak a word. So this makes it doubly hard to google him because his lines are "......" and then "nggh" or something to that effect. Little DID I KNOW THAT WAS HIM RIGHT THERE. I had to google NPC who doesnt speak in aqueducts. Absolutely ridic.

I didnt even know I HAD to find D's bro anyway. I was looking for another item and stumbled upon that. EVERYTHING is so cryptic and it is crazy af.

Also that character looks like sophitia from soul calibur.

I had no idea who she was or where she was (still don't), the only reason I progressed this quest was because you can talk with that all knowing guy in the roundtable hub and he offers to take the potion out of your hands.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I have ZERO idea where my progress in any of the quests in this game lies lmao. And I honestly can't be arsed to follow a guide. What's the point then? Let's see were it takes me. I am now over 40h in.

I always have a fun rule with these games, so I must warn you this requires a lot of time on your end.

- Let your first playthrough be a learning lesson, learn what works, what doesn't, what quests you skipped, what areas or items you missed, that sorta thing
- Let your second playthrough (ideally inspired by the release of DLC) be a more lore-friendly run, planning in advance like a guide so you don't miss stuff or end questlines early

I believe most of the NPC questlines are logged and listed in how far they go, so if you want to look them up online, you can. I already know I ended one early, one is permanently bugged for me (and others, From's not said anything on this either), and I'm curious if one might be changed based on what I do soon in the game.

Never let missing out be a frustrating thing. The whole point is mystery. Half of this shit wouldn't be so cool if it was mapped out for you with waypoints and not being mysterious and hidden.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Are you talking about the one in Caelid? Minor spoilers maybe? cuz I'm pretty sure you can't use him in the one on castle sol which is where I can't defeat him

How strong are you?
Are you able to kill one of the adds pretty much instantly? Cause that's what you need to do
The boss will pretty much leave you alone mostly while you're with the adds. He's pretty slow walking but you need to take them out quick
As for himself
Yeah the lightning kick is really fast and hard to dodge imo but that slam is super obvious that shouldn't be the issue. I imagine what you might be having an issue with is a lot of his moves looks punishable when they are not. Like the leg slam looks like an opening but he always follows it up. Just gotta be patient

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
any tips against regal ancestral spirit?

the heals are annoying and i can't seem to dodge the rolls at all

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
Didn't expect to see Astal blabla to show up again as a random cave dungeon boss. Alright then.

Also, Malenia's incantation is cool and does a lot of damage, too bad I get my face caved in by anything shortly after. I hope I can find more uses for it at some point.

So late game summon question
so I found the jellyfish summons sister? Once I summoned her they flew off together and a seal was broken? Any idea where this seal is?
There's a gate right next to them.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I had to take off all my emotes because I just would randomly trigger them in combat without meaning to. It sucks doing the Ring emote when you're fighting a dragon or something.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
I don't thinks that's a common experience 😅

You're probably quite good at the game.
It's a difficult game, of course. It's that you're inundated with souls and upgrade materials towards the end that the world itself feels trivial (no need to explore and loot, which highlights repetitiveness of world without it).

Any finish below 70 hours, is a speed run as far as I'm concerned lol the game continues to be amazing throughout, at least for me and I'm also OP from 25 hours in. The world just keeps getting bigger and better. Maybe it helps that I have been actively avoid playing too much in a row and switching up with GT7 and Apex

I don't die often and I have 70 hours, also am OP and I'm not sure I'm even at the middle of the game. But I don't use any guide or search about anything. I only was able to buy sorceries after 40 hours because I missed some stairs and eventually went back there. This game can create vastly different experiences between players.

If I continued at my pace of the early game I could've reached 70hrs, I guess. But above meant I didn't need to. I'm playing offline 'cause PC mods, btw. This isn't to gloat, only to highlight how bad I think the problem is. The final boss was the trickiest, but only because of one move. They didn't use it on my winning fight, which has admittedly has left me feeling a bit sour, hence posts. Don't like how I won due to luck.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
So this post on reddit:

fvnrwseogml81.jpg

Lmao nails one of my biggest issues with the game.

Could do the same with any of the NPCs that tell you they're going on a journey but heaven forbid they tell you WHERE.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Really appreciate the environmental destruction done by large enemies. It's been in there before, but since they were not open worlds, it was very limited.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
77 hours ingame and.. I am kinda done? I did want to do another run which is VERY rare for me but it feels like I saw everything the game world has to offer me.. Sure I can do it again as a ninja or magician but… Onto Horizon

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
How strong are you?
Are you able to kill one of the adds pretty much instantly? Cause that's what you need to do
The boss will pretty much leave you alone mostly while you're with the adds. He's pretty slow walking but you need to take them out quick
As for himself
Yeah the lightning kick is really fast and hard to dodge imo but that slam is super obvious that shouldn't be the issue. I imagine what you might be having an issue with is a lot of his moves looks punishable when they are not. Like the leg slam looks like an opening but he always follows it up. Just gotta be patient
I mean they're not exactly hard to kill but I can't take them out instantly either, and yeah I struggle to find openings to his attacks it doesn't help that pretty much all of them are aoe

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I'm at 70 hours with only 2 Demigods killed. I legit don't understand how someone can finish this game that fast unless they're godly at Souls games. Or skip side content I suppose. I'm exploring everything, though.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Ranni's quest fully done i think. Phew.

btw PS5 activity cards say only 33% completion and i have over 100 hours with probably 70+ bosses defeated. Is this game endless? :p

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
I'm at 70 hours with only 2 Demigods killed. I legit don't understand how someone can finish this game that fast unless they're godly at Souls games. Or skip side content I suppose. I'm exploring everything, though.
Same lol, i have 100+ hours and I still have two areas of the map covered in fog plus I haven't finished all of the underground areas

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda shame you cannot use the horse in coop, I already miss it then. Especially as you cannot warp around together.

Also see no real reason why they prohibit its use.

Oct 28, 2017
Don't understand it either, im 85 hours in and still have major stuff not done. And I'm not going at a too slow pace I think.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
What's your Endurance level guys?

I feel the game asks for high Endurance, if you want to use multi weapons + powerstance.
Tbh I feel like powerstance isnt very useful in this, outside of very dumb and/or big/slow enemies you can just wail on for a while

Im at 20 endurance, and I only brought it up to 20 to survive the first wave of the secret boss's flurry attack with a shield

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
I think the ladder you're referring to exists for notorrent runs, but the game also makes torrent/round table mandatory so idk. Games design is odd af

I think for those weird ladders it's for coop where torrent is disabled, not what you suggested above. I thought it was weird on Mt. G that there was a super long ladder and a spiritspring next to it then it hit me that you have to climb if you are cooping.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
150h and I think I've seen everything there's to be seen (helped quite a few people too). I'm sad cause I know it will be a while before I can play another game that grabs me as much as Elden did. Its world is so incredible. Loved absolutely every moments I spent in it.

The only thing I missed was a pvp area. Something like the Bell Tower in DS2. I also wish there was a way to opt-in into invasions. Being invaded is something I enjoyed in the Souls and while I appreciate I was able to freely explore without any invaders ruining my pace this time around, it would have been fun to activate it from time to time. But it's kinda funny how the invaders are being bullied in this game when they were the bullies in the previous entries.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
150h and I think I've seen everything there's to be seen (helped quite a few people too). I'm sad cause I know it will be a while before I can play another game that grabs me as much as Elden did. Its world is so incredible. Loved absolutely every moments I spent in it.

The only thing I missed was a pvp area. Something like the Bell Tower in DS2. I also wish there was a way to opt-in into invasions. Being invaded is something I enjoyed in the Souls and while I appreciate I was able to freely explore without any invaders ruining my pace this time around, it would have been fun to activate it from time to time. But it's kinda funny how the invaders are being bullied in this game when they were the bullies in the previous entries.

You can opt-in. It's called taunter's tongue.

Oct 29, 2017

Since DS3 it had been this way with the invader having so much stacked against them. I'm kinda shocked there isn't a pvp area or arena too.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Is the "Mimi" everyone keeps raving about its power/utility is the "Mimic tear ashes" or is it something else?

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Beat this Beastman duo last night and I think I shouldn't even be there lol. Got like 70k runes from them and the Runebear in the cave either one shots me or takes all my stamina away with 1 hit, even the white wolf was tough.

I'm starting to wonder how many seeds I've missed. I've come across about 2 or 3 that I didn't see from places I was in earlier.

Mukrab

Banned
Apr 19, 2020
So this post on reddit:

fvnrwseogml81.jpg

Games like elden ring would have been so sick in the 90s without the internet. Think about all the pokemon rumors at your school. Elden ring would be the same. Years could go by without anyone at your school knowing how to finish a quest and it would be a huge event when someone at your school discovered the next step to a quest that had been unsolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.