• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I "watched" Wolfenstein: TNO a couple of days ago because I'd rather jump into TNC immediately, if I even get to that. It's not my kinda game thematically nor mechanically but I'm curious to see all the things people were talking about.

"Full inch or no inch!"

As someone who was born in the US but grew up overseas, US measurement systems make absolutely no sense and I don't get why we don't just switch to the metric system. I kinda have an idea of how tall everyone is but it's still dumb.
I always thought Huber was short. But after stumbling upon this video I realized that I'm shorter than all of them.

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
I met a couple of the allies back when they were GT when they were at anime expo. I was rather shocked at how tall they were but Im pretty short anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
A little late to the most recent podcast. And all I can say is that once again Ben Moore hits the nail right on the head. Very much agree with what he's saying on the various issues being discussed, and he doesn't dance around the issue. Battlefront 2's "apology" statement is nothing but more bullshit on top of bullshit.

Good episode.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Currently binging through their tabletop escapade episodes and I'm getting increasingly agitated with Huber's obsession of wanting to recruit/save everyone and Ian's obsession of trying to fool everyone. Many times I've blurted out loud "are you for real right now?" lmao

Props to Brad though, dude is clutch personified.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Currently binging through their tabletop escapade episodes and I'm getting increasingly agitated with Huber's obsession of wanting to recruit/save everyone and Ian's obsession of trying to fool everyone. Many times I've blurted out loud "are you for real right now?" lmao

IjuTIHV.png

klastical

Oct 29, 2017

Huber attempting to recruit everyone and throwing Ben off completely can only be matched by brad and Kyle doing everything they can to mess up bens subplots. It's a good time.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is great lol.

I'm so far behind on TTE. I don't quite remember what was happening the last time I watched. I thought I heard they are going to start a new campaign somewhat soon, is that true or did I just make that up?

The story that was set up in the beginning is currently ending and from what I understand they'll be continuing with a new story.

Lexad

"This guy are sick"
Nov 4, 2017
Yeah kinda looking forward to a new story, kinda felt like this one went a little long and mostly just listening to wrap it up.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I hope the next season of tabletop is something more manageable. Maybe build a world but do smaller series within that world, like 25 episodes tops.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the next season of tabletop is something more manageable. Maybe build a world but do smaller series within that world, like 25 episodes tops.
Yeah, I was imagining something that's more like various seasons of a TV show. They can have a mostly standalone story that also adds lore and drives forward an even greater story that can be paid off at some later time. That can also give the Allies the opportunity to switch out characters (or even have different Allies sub in) if they want, and it gives the audience a way to jump in without having to invest a ton of time in catching up.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
Next season of tabletop wishes and dreams:
- New world
- Ben as adventurer, new DM (Ian?)
- Recap vids every arc
- Separate from patreon campaign (sorry patreons)

Oct 27, 2017
Recap videos get my vote as well. It's a show I'd like to binge on but when enough time has passed I can barely remember what has happened. I think that would help with viewer retention a lot.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was imagining something that's more like various seasons of a TV show. They can have a mostly standalone story that also adds lore and drives forward an even greater story that can be paid off at some later time. That can also give the Allies the opportunity to switch out characters (or even have different Allies sub in) if they want, and it gives the audience a way to jump in without having to invest a ton of time in catching up.

This would probably be far too unwieldy for Ben to tackle (and I wouldn't blame him), but I think it would be really cool if they did a new campaign that was much shorter and tighter in scope. However, in lieu of one big campaign, there would be several campaigns that would lead up to a bigger one. Think something like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, resulting in a big team-up. The only problem is lack of participants. Some people would need to role play as different characters at the same time, which would get convoluted and confusing. But if they could pull it off, that would be amazing.

Lexad

"This guy are sick"
Nov 4, 2017
I also hope the next party isn't nearly so chaotic and selfish. Just not my cup of tea. It is fine if one person is pulling those stunts, but if the whole party just says f it, it ruins a lot of the believability to me personally. Huber was this at times with Pomper but even then a lot of things just get thrown out the window when the pokemon elements pop up. I mean there are times where I am actively rooting for them to fail.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
I also hope the next party isn't nearly so chaotic and selfish. Just not my cup of tea. It is fine if one person is pulling those stunts, but if the whole party just says f it, it ruins a lot of the believability to me personally. Huber was this at times with Pomper but even then a lot of things just get thrown out the window when the pokemon elements pop up. I mean there are times where I am actively rooting for them to fail.

I do that in every single movie I watch. Good guys suck, it's time for the villains to win (and when they do it's glorious.)

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry did EZA officially respond to the situation with Colin Moriarty? I think he is a bully, a nasty piece of work, and doesn't really have much of any value to contribute to any discussion of games, and would be pretty displeased to see EZA formally associating with him.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Sorry did EZA officially respond to the situation with Colin Moriarty? I think he is a bully, a nasty piece of work, and doesn't really have much of any value to contribute to any discussion of games, and would be pretty displeased to see EZA formally associating with him.
I don't think there has been anything more specific than basically "we hear your concerns". They haven't distanced themselves or condemned Moriarty if that's what you mean.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I think we're getting an answer only when the next cup of jones comes around

bahorel

Oct 25, 2017
Damiani isn't in that video but I remember being shook he was also tall in real life like the rest of them.

Damn at blood being 6'6" tho. That's incredible I never would have guessed since they're usually sitting down in their videos

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Latest Tabletop episode

Pomper: "Hold on, I need more time!" *throws out a healing spell to his allies from the crystal*

Therese: "Was that Pomper?"

Necator: "I think so?"

Therese: "I feel... better?"

Necator: "Did he heal us?"

Therese: "I think he did."

Necator: "Is this the first time? Is this what it feels like?!"

Therese: "Is he a cleric?!"

I spat out my drink at this exchange, oh god. lmao

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Before coming across that video, Ben always seemed like the shortest to me, especially with his old haircut.
Yeah if I had to rank perceived height before seeing that video I would have said Ben was on the short side and Huber was probably the 2nd tallest.

Crazy that Elyse is like 6'7" too, never would have guessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.