• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, they announced on stream that they'll be streaming the Game Awards.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
He does stuff behind the scenes. Last year he appeared on camera, but I think he said himself he wasn't going to be doing that again (that might be totally wrong information, I'm not sure).
If I remember correctly this is the 1st Easy Allies VGA live stream they doing right; if Bosman said they live streaming then something big must be dropping at the VGA that he knows; Please let it be DMC5 ^_^

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I'd only watch their TGA stream if Kyle is on the show to hear them make fun of him :p

That tournament ending played out just like our shonen EZA role assignments from a week ago!

Good crunch!
Nah.
Ben destroyed everyone so easily and stoicly to be the protagonist. If this is an early tournament arc then Huber is the protagonist who hasn't reached his potential yet. Otherwise it's Kyle who got really close to winning but then realized he's not there yet.

RetroPS4

Oct 30, 2017
I know they don't like to get too political (as do I), but I hope they do say something about Net Neutrality on stream or twitter.

---------------------

Good Cup of Jones today also.
Hey CyaReN or any other Patron really, I know we shouldn't talk about specifics concerning CoJ since it's a Patreon show, but something Jones said concerning the future of certain EZA content had me a bit spooked. Can someone who saw the episode as well pm me? Maybe I just mis-interpreted his words... BTW, I'm not talking about this week's editorial section, that was delivered great and was about as clear-cut as "Corporate Brand Manager" Jones can get, ha!

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
why can't i find these guys on spotify? had no problem on pocketcasts.

You have to submit to be on Spotify and then it may or may not happen. 8-4 Play said they submitted when podcasts were first a thing, like 8 months ago or something? Then they just appeared without warning like 3 weeks ago.

Spotify is not a good app for podcasts yet.

Mistle

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
You have to submit to be on Spotify and then it may or may not happen. 8-4 Play said they submitted when podcasts were first a thing, like 8 months ago or something? Then they just appeared without warning like 3 weeks ago.

Spotify is not a good app for podcasts yet.
ah, fair enough! i mainly use pocketcasts anyway. only run them through spotify when i wanna cast to a different device. cheers

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Reading the Latest cup of jones Patreon Comments, and it's filled with shitposting regarding Colin returning to gaming and people defending and attacking Colin

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I'd only watch their TGA stream if Kyle is on the show to hear them make fun of him :p

Nah.
Ben destroyed everyone so easily and stoicly to be the protagonist. If this is an early tournament arc then Huber is the protagonist who hasn't reached his potential yet. Otherwise it's Kyle who got really close to winning but then realized he's not there yet.
See I was thinking end game tournament. After the disappointment of the Mario Olympics, the rebound and final showdown with their nemesis in the tournament. Naruto vs Sasuke for all the marbles (er werehogs). Even the brackets were reset. They were pushed to the brink of physical exhaustion! The tournament drama!

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I'm still making my way through the most recent Frame Trap and Ben just shot a concerned look off-screen and said: "We've got somebody that needs to shoot in four minutes, so we gotta speed this up."

I check the time and there are 50 minutes of video left.

:ezaBenSugoi:

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Reading the Latest cup of jones Patreon Comments, and it's filled with shitposting regarding Colin returning to gaming and people defending and attacking Colin

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Company with the moto of "love and respect" floats the idea of working with a guy who compromised his previous job by disrespecting women. Who would have thought that would cause issues.... also Jones asked for people's opinions on the matter. It seems that Jones is still interested in working with Colin based off there interactions on twitter so we will see what happens.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Company with the moto of "love and respect" floats the idea of working with a guy who compromised his previous job by disrespecting women. Who would have thought that would cause issues.... also Jones asked for people's opinions on the matter. It seems that Jones is still interested in working with Colin based off there interactions on twitter so we will see what happens.
It wasn't floated. It was brought up by a patreon and he responded to it. And his response was pretty clear it's not going to happen.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
After his first loss at an arcade, his opponent turned to him and said "you should practice more"...

With a tear in his eye, Ben burned with a determination to become the very best.

"Dattebayo!"

- Ben Moore, DDR Master

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
my goodness.. sorry to derail a bit, but I haven't heard those news... is he returning? why? where?

3rd-grade level history videos weren't paying the bills due to haemorrhaging patrons, so he suddenly thought that maybe he left games too quickly.

AKA missing the gravy train.

MXAGhost

Nov 3, 2017
Sears Tower | Earth 616
I don't know how long I can support the Allies...

Currently, I'm running out of money because of loan payments. Been trying to raise more money. I stopped my cellphone and sold my Transformers collection(That was a sad day). I might have to cut my internet as well.

Until that day when I pull my money, I will support them. The Allies and their streams keep me sane. I don't know what will happen if I can't watch them.

Any ideas on supporting them? Should I send a package/letter?

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017

Currently, I'm running out of money because of loan payments. Been trying to raise more money. I stopped my cellphone and sold my Transformers collection(That was a sad day). I might have to cut my internet as well.

Until that day when I pull my money, I will support them. The Allies and their streams keep me sane. I don't know what will happen if I can't watch them.

Don't fret, there's enough other folks and sponsors keeping them afloat, honestly don't get yourself stressed or put yourself in financial turmoil. Jones has stressed repeatedly that they are grateful to those who fund them, but know not everyone can all the time.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Don't worry about it man, keep yourself above water first. Watch their videos on YouTube without adblock if you want to support where you can.

Oct 27, 2017

Don't feel like the only way you can support them is financially - your views and being a part of the community help as well. I would even say now that if your situation is as you say it is, to back out of all non essentials to try and get some more control over the situation - the Allies wouldn't begrudge you for doing so and would likely be supportive as well. But honestly, debt can be nasty - I would prioritise that first and perhaps see if you can get assistance on personal budgeting.

ByteSizeRick

Oct 27, 2017

MXAGhost, DM me your support amount. I can't make promises, but if I can work in the budget, I will match. You can then drop out and worry about your own house while knowing you are still supporting the Allies. Sanity is important this time of year, fiscal and emotional. Once you are back on your feet we can revert things with no issues whatsoever. I'll look for your DM. :)

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't floated. It was brought up by a patreon and he responded to it. And his response was pretty clear it's not going to happen.

I don't know. When you reply to a direct request to come on someone's show with "Whenever you have time, sure!", it sounds like this is probably going to happen.

Personally I'm fine with Brandon going to Colin's show, I'd much rather that than Colin going on EZA content. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the guy, I was very vocally against Colin in the Kinda Funny thread on the old message board, he even whined and complained directly to my posts a few times. But it's not like this is Vince Ingenito inviting Brandon onto his content. Colin's not a sexual abuser, he's not a Trump supporter (at least openly) and he's always been kind towards the Allies. That's not enough to get you on EZA content but if Brandon wants to make an appearance on his stuff, I think that's fine.
Wasn't Kyle on Total Biscuit's podcast once?

MXAGhost, DM me your support amount. I can't make promises, but if I can work in the budget, I will match. You can then drop out and worry about your own house while knowing you are still supporting the Allies. Sanity is important this time of year, fiscal and emotional. Once you are back on your feet we can revert things with no issues whatsoever. I'll look for your DM. :)

Good guy Rick Hoeg right here!

Last edited:

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Wow those CoJ Patreon comments gettin' nahsty

D99VxY.gif

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know. When you reply to a direct request to come on someone's show with "Whenever you have time, sure!", it sounds like this is probably going to happen.

Personally I'm fine with Brandon going to Colin's show, I'd much rather that than Colin going on EZA content. I was very vocally against Colin in the Kinda Funny thread on the old message board, he even whined and complained directly to my posts a few times. It's not like this is Vince Ingenito inviting Brandon onto his content. Colin's not a sexual abuser, he's not a Trump supporter (at least openly) and he's always been kind towards the Allies. That's not enough to get you on EZA content but if Brandon wants to make an appearance on his stuff, I think that's fine. Wasn't Kyle on Total Biscuit's podcast once?

Good guy Rick Hoeg right here!
more than once i think
not a fan of colin since i never saw KF content, i saw some of his opinion on twitter and frankly, as long as it's videogame related i don't care if brandon goes on his show. i don't think the allies should be kept hostage by the audience. do you pay patreon fee to get the tier content or to tell the allies what should or shouldn't do it?

Wow those CoJ Patreon comments gettin' nahsty

D99VxY.gif

hmm what was kyle watching, i saw it but can't remember the stream

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
more than once i think
not a fan of colin since i never saw KF content, i saw some of his opinion on twitter and frankly, as long as it's videogame related i don't care if brandon goes on his show. i don't think the allies should be kept hostage by the audience. do you pay patreon fee to get the tier content or to tell the allies what should or shouldn't do it?

Yeah that's the thing, it's really sad to see people demanding Brandon not do this or that because they don't like someone. We're not stock holders in Easy Allies. Brandon hasn't been endorsing Colin's views. It's ultimately Brandon's decision and people should respect that.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
more than once i think
They can do what they want, but I would be far less likely to support someone in the future if my money could potentially be going towards giving people like Colin a platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.