• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
I understand why Kyle made this decision, he is free of doing so and obviously if he did it is because it is beneficial to him int he short/long run, and as another user said before, we are patrons but not their bosses in any way so they have the right of choice.

But being honest, I won't be watching EZA's live reactions of the conferences Kyle's not in, I'll be probably watching Giant Bomb's or somebody else, for the rest I'll tune with the allies. Cheers.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really see what the big deal about the Kyle news is? Sure it's disappointing but it's fine lol

Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys serious lol. these posts read like someone died. What would more notice have done? He has done YouTube stuff in the past as well, it's no biggie.

He is there for most including Sony so just relax.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, where's this Kyle news coming from? I don't see it on his Twitter or anything.

Oh his stream earlier

Are you guys serious lol. these posts read like someone died. What would more notice have done? He has done YouTube stuff in the past as well, it's no biggie.

He is there for most including Sony so just relax.

Eh, if it was a choice, I'd rather he was there for Nintendo than Sony

Oct 26, 2017
Kyle will be missed, but more power to him. He deserves a good pay day, and keeping close ties to Geoff will only help the allies further down the road.

Plus i will be getting impressions from 8 other allies, it would be interesting to me to get unique periphery impressions from Kyle. Even at GT his best impressions of E3 were always tangential to the games. Like the E3 vibes video.

Oct 26, 2017
Potential Pokemon discussion sure will be... interesting without Kyle. Hope Ben is at the desk!

Pokemon stuff has already been announced/revealed and discussed though. I don't think much time will be devoted to it in the Direct except as a reminder of when it launches. I would love his raw reaction to fire emblem though.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
my bad forgive me for hoping people I pay to talk about video games might actually do that

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Some people here are acting pretty entitled. Yeah, it's a huge bummer that Kyle won't be giving any game impressions, and I would really like Kyle to be in the panel for the Nintendo Direct reactions too, but Keighley is Kyle's friend, a job's a job, and the Allies have made it clear since the beginning that EZA isn't a full-time thing for all of them. I know it sucks for us fans, but I don't think Kyle owes us anything. He's getting paid for the YouTube gig, and you know what, good for him.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's okay for people to express disappointment. E3 comes around once a year, after all. Some reactions might come across as exaggerated, but I'm sure that's just because we all like the allies and enjoy their content a lot.

Kyle not being there for the Nintendo direct is a bummer, but I'm keeping my hopes up for a fun stream. A lot of the allies are big Nintendo fans, so I'm sure we'll still get some great reactions.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Some people here are acting pretty entitled. Yeah, it's a huge bummer that Kyle won't be giving any game impressions, and I would really like Kyle to be in the panel for the Nintendo Direct reactions too, but Keighley is Kyle's friend, a job's a job, and the Allies have made it clear since the beginning that EZA isn't a full-time thing for all of them. I know it sucks for us fans, but I don't think Kyle owes us anything. He's getting paid for the YouTube gig, and you know what, good for him.

My main issue is this wasn't disclosed ahead of time given how much more significant his time is being pulled into Geoff's thing this year. He's always done it in the past but it was always like he's not there for the Sunday PCs. This year he's also not there for Nintendo, not playing any games, no game impressions, most likely no frame trap appearance, etc. He knew this was the case at the recording of the podcast, he drops references several times he's not going to be able to play any games this e3 but never explains why. He could have disclosed it during the group stream or the podcast but didn't. When Jones last year decided to step back and do more networking it was communicated early and he explained it.

It's still great he'll be there those Tues-Thurs nights. It's not as bad imo as Jones being essentially MIA all E3 last year and EZA was great then and I expect it to be great this year too. But the communication from Kyle wasn't done well and this causes people hearing it second hand (like here) since he disclosed it to 500 people on a late night Friday stream while playing a truly awful awful game

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017

I've kept out of this because I mostly don't mind, though I do agree with people that no heads up and just dropping it on us the eve of E3 during that terrible goblin game is a bit disheartening (like Blood even confirmed they've known for a while already, keeping it secret probably wasn't the smartest idea). The claims of "selfish" or inconsiderate conduct/abandonment of duties are pretty off base tbh, and I can't get behind those. They also have their duty to themselves of paying their rent to consider, after all. He doesn't owe anyone his 100% commitment to EZA, but it probably wouldn't hurt to just be a little more forthcoming in future when this inevitably happens again, so people don't get false expectations. Hope a lesson can be learned from this.

Oct 27, 2017
WHEN i am talked that patreon are bosses? WHEN? Im just comparing patreons and Geoff. To me patreons are more important that Geoff(my opinion), however the more important is, plz read again: What benefits does EZA receive from this? What benefits does patreons receive from this? Just fair questions.
Some patreons here questioned when Brandon and Collin happened( ok ok, let this thing to the past) but honestly i think its so weird at least.
And sorry but YOU did not get it a joke about "diva". This happened on Q&A recently when BRandon talked about Kyle, but some jokes have a little of truth sometimes...

SOrry again, but YOU ARE the only talking here about remove the pledge. YOU are the first. I dont need this "kind of action" "to say" a feedback. SO im doing fair questions,feedback and criticism.

Im a proud patreon since day one, i almost never do criticisms here(even when they deserve, cause i understand we "all mess up sometimes", we all need time to learning to do things going well), but at this time i think its fair. Huge push and specific funding drive to get them stuff for E3 to make the content better to just "vanish" and work for Geoff AND with these conditions?

If you can "accept" this, its ok to me. You can have a different opinion. Could i have other? Or Is the Love & Respect about only one specific opinion?

Sorry if i bothered you or Other people at this topic, with of my heart. I love Easy Allies, so i will I'll shut up so I will not bother you or other fellow about this conversation anymore. Sorry once more, cause i dont wanna receive a ban. I will See ALL the conferences with Easy Allies and again im proud be a patreon since day one. IF i had more conditions, i would like A LOT more money to them.

Love & Respect. IM almost sleeping on the keyboard.
Better stuff before E3 was a fundraiser for better equipment, wich they got. It has nothing to do with Kyle's presence or not.

Also Kyle will be there for 5 conferences, the parts between those conferences, the E3 awards, bets etc. He is 1/8 of Easy Allies. He will miss 3/8 of the conferences but you still get 6-7 other Allies during those.

Regarding your question: what good does it do that he's there helping Geoff: Why do you think he is so popular in the first place? Because he feeds that popularity by being on big stuff like the E3 Coliseum.

Edit: i hope you dont take my answers the wrong way. I'm just trying to make you less upset. I'm just trying to say that Kyle is just a small part of EZA and he wont be absent that much. But your criticism is valid, just a bit out of proportion in my opinion. Lets have a great E3! L&R

Last edited:

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Put me in the camp of "not a big deal at all". Kyle will still be available for Sony and Ubisoft if I understand correctly. I'd be willing to bet that he ends up sneaking in some hands-on time before the end of the week and can provide some minimal impressions. I'm happy for Kyle he gets to be featured on Youtube's coverage! Don't overthink it - EZA's coverage will still be amazing. It will not discount the amazing job the rest of the team will do!

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
I forget if Jones is around for Sony or not. Either way Monday will be the only day Jones and Kyle are both around for the same conferences, which is kind of a shame. (Not complaining, I just like their chemistry!)

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Very disappointed about Kyle mostly not being there. There's nothing we can do about but a heads up of at least a few weeks would be ideal, like Jones last year.

And lol at people saying he is just one of them and there are 9. We love them all, but trying to downplay Bosman utter importance to the team is just something.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
My main issue is this wasn't disclosed ahead of time given how much more significant his time is being pulled into Geoff's thing this year. He's always done it in the past but it was always like he's not there for the Sunday PCs. This year he's also not there for Nintendo, not playing any games, no game impressions, most likely no frame trap appearance, etc. He knew this was the case at the recording of the podcast, he drops references several times he's not going to be able to play any games this e3 but never explains why. He could have disclosed it during the group stream or the podcast but didn't. When Jones last year decided to step back and do more networking it was communicated early and he explained it.

It's still great he'll be there those Tues-Thurs nights. It's not as bad imo as Jones being essentially MIA all E3 last year and EZA was great then and I expect it to be great this year too. But the communication from Kyle wasn't done well and this causes people hearing it second hand (like here) since he disclosed it to 500 people on a late night Friday stream while playing a truly awful awful game

I've kept out of this because I mostly don't mind, though I do agree with people that no heads up and just dropping it on us the eve of E3 during that terrible goblin game is a bit disheartening (like Blood even confirmed they've known for a while already, keeping it secret probably wasn't the smartest idea). The claims of "selfish" or inconsiderate conduct/abandonment of duties are pretty off base tbh, and I can't get behind those. They also have their duty to themselves of paying their rent to consider, after all. He doesn't owe anyone his 100% commitment to EZA, but it probably wouldn't hurt to just be a little more forthcoming in future when this inevitably happens again, so people don't get false expectations. Hope a lesson can be learned from this.
I do agree that the way and time the message was delivered should've been better. However, Kyle did already say in his PS4 grab bag stream a week ago that he was going to do something with Keighley during E3, but he couldn't talk about the details yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't until the full E3 Coliseum schedule was revealed a couple of days ago that he could talk about it.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
That's an over-statement. Kyle's one of the more prominent Allies and he brings something unique to the group (though they all do) but not irreplaceable. EZA's main draw to me is the dynamic between the entire group, not just one Ally. I have no doubt the EZA streams will still be a ton of fun and I probably won't even notice he's missing most of the time.

I do hope Brad mocks him for basically missing E3 though. Jones was MIA for most of last year too but at least he still went to E3 and played a ton of games, Kyle doesn't get to do any of that.
I think in general, talking about individual allies, he absolutely is the main draw. Just have to look at his streaming numbers (twitch and youtube) compared to everyone else, and the survey results Axass posted. There will be a lot of people asking where Kyle is in twitch chat.

But whatever, it's done. Less than 5 hours away, time to start letting the hype build up again.

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely would have been nice if Kyle was more forthcoming about his E3 plans/obligations. Especially since he was trying to drop some hints during the podcast early this week. Kyle is his own worst enemy though when it comes to self promotion and not wanting to be a distraction.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I am mis-reading the room here but shouldn't we give Kyle the benefit of the doubt? I can't imagine he was trying to be deliberately misleading to anyone. We've seen all week the work Blood has put in with his schedule, and I am certain the scheduling for YouTube's E3 coverage was just as in flux. These things get finalized at the last minute. To me, it doesn't make sense for Kyle to announce his intentions on a group stream, and certainly not the podcast if he doesn't fully know his commitments. They can easily mention it today or tomorrow during their coverage. It will be immediately diffused by the incoming excitement for the press conferences. Plus, you know they will all roast Kyle mercilessly without him there.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I am missing most of E3 myself due to other commitments so I hope everyone has a good one!

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not bothered. If they didn't stream their reactions to the Sony conference at all cause they were all doing other stuff like Kyle THEN I'd be mad. Kyle is great, but he doesn't make or break the Allies and I'd imagine that would be a very annoying thing for the other Allies to keep hearing.

I understand Blood perfectly (duh), Jones too. BUt Kyle working for Geoff ? What benefits does EZA receive from this? With youtubers LIKE Boogie(defends racists and both sides w/ Nazis, Jake Paul Suicide Video that Boogie defended) or MatPat(transphobic jokes) Why not Pewdiepie, Jontron, Ali-A too and prepare BIG PARTY of asshole people? It's disgusting

What in the world?

matunter

Oct 26, 2017
Man, what a bummer start to the first day of E3, and to find out in the middle of a late night goblin stream too. I mean, I get it... but still. Bummer. Oh well, time to readjust expectations and continue the hype!

Oct 27, 2017
If those surveys are anything to go by, Kyle is clearly the favourite ally. Sucks he's not going to be there for most of e3. Its hard not to feel like he got a better offer.

BUT I'm sure the eza shows are gonna be giving epic anyways. Huber going nuts. Smug Blood. Damiani memes. I don't think kyle's absence will hurt the quality of the shows too much.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm not bothered. If they didn't stream their reactions to the Sony conference at all cause they were all doing other stuff like Kyle THEN I'd be mad. Kyle is great, but he doesn't make or break the Allies and I'd imagine that would be a very annoying thing for the other Allies to keep hearing.

Thank you, great post. People acting like Kyle IS EZA .

It could be just one ally doing all E3 and I'd be hyped.

Let the man work.

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
I think Kyle's decision is fine, but I can understand people being annoyed that he's missing some conferences, especially Nintendo's. I would feel the same kind of disappointment if the king of hype style, Huber, were to miss these conferences and couldn't play games on the show floor. I would still enjoy the streams and content but I know I would miss the Huberness. Kyle does have a chance to produce entertaining content with Keighley, so I can look forward to that, even if I can't catch it live. I hope Kyle has some interesting backstage stories to share from his time away, though.

Only a few hours left until pre-show. I am not super excited about EA, but I still can not wait for the pre-show to start.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
I can understand the disappointment. There were a lot of allies missing at last year's PGW stream, and the lack of Huber and the other allies was definitely felt. It would have been better if Kyle had announced his plans earlier and not during a solo stream. Overall, though, I'm still hype for E3 and am glad almost everyone will be there for Sony's conference.

Oct 25, 2017
I think deep down in our heart of hearts, a lot of us kinda know that most likely if anyone is to leave EZA for other things, It'll probably be Kyle. Stuff like this just reaffirms that fear a little. I do honestly think it'll be fine. I think he's gonna get enough flack from the others about being gone that it might make for some fun banter during the nightly impressions.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
All right guys, I'm still disapointed buy the news but I'm gonna try to move on from it.

Who's excited for EA (LOL)? I am genuinely excited to see more of anthem. At this point I just want anthem to come out and destroy destiny, which is mean I know, but bungie has had so long to get the destiny ship in order and they still mess it up all the time. I am genuinely interested in anthem outside of that though, just because I'm looking for a destiny like game to play that clicks for me the way that taken king era destiny did.

I'm also hoping to see a couple small titles like how weve saw unraveled or a way out.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
All right guys, I'm still disapointed buy the news but I'm gonna try to move on from it.

Who's excited for EA (LOL)? I am genuinely excited to see more of anthem. At this point I just want anthem to come out and destroy destiny, which is mean I know, but bungie has had so long to get the destiny ship in order and they still mess it up all the time. I am genuinely interested in anthem outside of that though, just because I'm looking for a destiny like game to play that clicks for me the way that taken king era destiny did.

I'm also hoping to see a couple small titles like how weve saw unraveled or a way out.

I hope Bungie can right the ship as I like Destiny and also want to like Anthem. Will gladly play both.

Oct 25, 2017

Yes. Let's move past this. I don't want this to become a thing that needs awkward addressing on Cup of Jones or anything else because of our reaction to it. It sucks but until EZA can be more financially solvent, this will be the norm, Kyle especially.

So yeah... I'm very interested in a Destiny-like that caters as much to the solo player as it does those who play in groups, so I'm stoked to see more of Anthem. I feel like the one thing Bungie could do to immediately garner goodwill for their game again is to allow for matchmaking in raids/nightfalls. Yeah, it will most likely suck a lot and maybe no one will like it, but it'd be a nice show of faith in the community. It feels like Bungie has such a tight grip on their game in terms of making absolutely sure that no one has a bad experience that they're consistently and rather effectively making everyone have a bad experience.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't care much about Anthem myself but i'm actually always excited about that crazy indie. The reveal of A Way out and the game the year before that (forgot the name of the game, but the developer had this little knitted character with him , edit: Unravel), thats alwzys fun to watch. Also SKATE 4 BABY

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing Kyle won't be giving Nintendo commentary but some of you people are bizarrely dramatic.

demu

AVALANCHE
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
But, okay. I agree. We should just move on. It blows, but E3 is only once a year. We should embrace it.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
And you defend everything EZA does, so we keep the balance.

m1SHpoS.gif

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Let me be clear, I'm still 10/10 Huber levels of hype for EZA and everything E3, but this is undeniably a bad look for them and a serious bummer to find out mere hours before the first conference. After raising 30k+ and promising the "biggest and best" E3 ever (I still feel it will be!), it's not ideal having one of the main attractions out for much of the week to work for a "competitor" in a likely behind the scenes role for a job that likely lasts 5 days. It just ain't right having Kyle not around for Nintendo AND going through an E3 not playing games(!) or providing impressions. Also is a serious blow to one of my most anticipated parts of the E3, Noodles and Broth, that he won't be participating in that as well.

I'm sure Kyle is making more money per day working with Keighley, but E3 is EZA's Super Bowl/Christmas/Flag Day all rolled into one thing. It's something they (rightfully) hype up all year and while not a traditional "fundraiser," this is when they should be clicking on all cylinders to get those Patron #'s, Youtube subs, Twitch subs and just bring overall awareness to them. Also, Kyle has a dang show premiering this Thursday AND has a show he's been working on a year+ debuting on EZA later this summer. I'm not questioning Kyle's loyalty one bit, on the other hand, I'm definitely questioning his business acumen as a short-stint with a higher payday at the expense of your other job that benefits greatly when more attention brought to it is nutty. It's just frustrating that EZA I don't think firmly grasps about just how successful they can be.

While I don't want to rehash the whole Final Bosman brouhaha, it's wild to me that he has created two shows (Dear Bosman, Bosman at Home) and skipped playing dang games at E3 for a "competing" channel at the expense of his main job/income that fully would welcome it. Hah, Kyle being at E3 but he's not going to be playing games made me immediately think of the movie Hot Rod when Rod quits being a stuntman and starts "growing up" (as you can see by his shopping cart of booze and attire), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46lXPC9OfqA (this isn't meant to be serious comparison at all).

Hey, what can I say. I'm bummed, but I'll get over it. I think EZA is going to knock it out of the park this week and I can't wait to live on their Twitch channel for the majority of the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.