• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I too missed the red light. I had thought it was part of upping the production values and differentiating the look of the shows by having different color tints for each show.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Ben with the extended stream finished up Suikoden 1! Now the hype goes to 11 next week when he starts Suikoden 2!

And having gone through 1 will greatly enhance that playthrough

Can't wait

I need to be home watching the whole thing. Ben needs to get a Double-Beat rune from the Cut Rabbits at the beginning of the game and a Fury Rune from Muse's Rare Finds.

Viktor is going to be the most OP RPG character ever.

Oct 27, 2017
That sub has to introduce a better form of moderation- I don't want anyone else to ever have to be a target in a community space, especially one that could otherwise be a very productive place for communication. That shit is NOT cool and the fact that that thread continued to fester should never have happened.

my only issue with this comment is that its pretty clear that those that dont like the subreddit want to take over its moderation to shut it down.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I chose a pretty spicy time to sign up for Era, huh. Hi! I've been lurking for a few months now... and y'all seem marginally nicer than Reddit.

I'm saving my opinions on the Patreon situation until the event they've planned for this month, which will probably be some kind of pledge drive. They've clearly been thinking a lot about tiers and rewards and obviously know their own situation better than anyone, so I'm curious to see what they'll come up with. Plus, I'm not strictly worried about the dip, and neither are they- exciting times are coming up with E3 around the corner and Easy Living following that. What's so great about EZA is that they don't have to chase views or subscribers- they can pursue what makes them and their dedicated audience happy. I don't pledge to see them work for algorithms.
#oneofus

noah rayne

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
my only issue with this comment is that its pretty clear that those that dont like the subreddit want to take over its moderation to shut it down.

I mean... that's plainly untrue? And not what I said, ever? :/ Just wanted to input that moderation should be implemented to a further extent if they're letting entire threads based solely on being hateful get a pass.

Oct 27, 2017
i'm pro-noah. that thread she's talking about got 22 upvotes. and the top comment had twice as many upvotes and was basically mocking it. its a dumb thread. and yeh it shouldve been shut down. but the top comment was anti it. that should be the take away. that the majority of people over there disagree with the comment. as do i.

but i'm not going to pretend she wasnt antagonistic, rightly or wrongly, in the past towards members of the community. or am i confusing her with someone else who said they hated the way eza and jones handle the colin thing and basically threatened to pack bags and move on if they didnt respond how she wanted them to? i think that really riled some people up. ok. thats fine. and now she's on stage at the concert. ok. that's cool. and now she's in the forums asking for criticism against her to be shut down. alright. that makes me uncomfortable.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Not to throw gasoline on a half-situation from two weeks ago or anything, but as the person that the aforementioned hate-filled manifesto was directed to... It's not a great look for a sub-community. Especially when the thread was filled with garbled transphobic and homophobic nonsense. I'm not hugely upset about it or anything (I had to grow a thick skin pretty quickly this year), but it has me very disappointed. Allies should live up to their name.

That sub has to introduce a better form of moderation- I don't want anyone else to ever have to be a target in a community space, especially one that could otherwise be a very productive place for communication. That shit is NOT cool and the fact that that thread continued to fester should never have happened.
This is my issue with that subreddit and a lot of reddit in general. People have said that this subreddit is "not that bad" but if homophobic or transphobic shit like that is not only allowed to be posted, but isn't removed promptly then it's not a place I want to visit.

Vast majority of people who gave GAF and now ERA shit over the moderation are the same people who want to post hateful shit without consequences.

i'm pro-noah. that thread she's talking about got 22 upvotes. and the top comment had twice as many upvotes and was basically mocking it. its a dumb thread. and yeh it shouldve been shut down. but the top comment was anti it. that should be the take away. that the majority of people over there disagree with the comment. as do i.

but i'm not going to pretend she wasnt antagonistic, rightly or wrongly, in the past towards members of the community. or am i confusing her with someone else who said they hated the way eza and jones handle the colin thing and basically threatened to pack bags and move on if they didnt respond how she wanted them to? i think that really riled some people up. ok. thats fine. and now she's on stage at the concert. ok. that's cool. and now she's in the forums asking for criticism against her to be shut down. alright. that makes me uncomfortable.

What the fuck is this nonsense?

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I think you read that wrong and you are somewhat overreacting.
I also don't see a post by Noah in that reddit thread you posted afterwards.

Noah only said that they were attacked on that subreddit and that they were hoping it would never happen again to other people.
I don't see anything wrong with hoping nobody would be attacked on there (and that moderators would help protecting people from being attacked on there).
I don't see that as a question to shut it down completely.

Last edited:

noah rayne

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC

Just wanted to let you know I'm not a girl, firstly. I clearly display that information, and my pronouns, on every social media platform I'm on. Next, I don't think I'll ever abandon the community or the Allies no matter what stuff happens that I personally disagree with, and I have never stated anything akin to that. I love EZA very dearly. Perhaps I could have been a little less emotional in some of my opinions on issues that have come up, especially political ones, but, like, that's kind of the way the cookie crumbles. There's also stuff going on that folks don't see- I've absolutely brought concerns to the allies privately. I try very hard to not be antagonistic to anyone personally, but please privately message me if you've got any concerns about that?

Also, criticism differs from hate. Criticism is fine. Slurs and insults are different, and on most other forum-like platforms would be deleted pretty quick. Or they should, at least. Because that's unproductive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

This in no way describes what Noah wrote. And regardless, those Reddit posts weren't constructive criticisms; they were ad hominem attacks. Leaving those attacks to fester without any consequences is tacit approval by the moderating team, because downvoting generally does nothing.

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This in no way describes what Noah wrote. And regardless, those Reddit posts weren't constructive criticisms; they were ad hominem attacks. Leaving those attacks to fester without any consequences is tacit approval by the moderating team, because downvoting generally does nothing.

The person to whom you are responding does not care.

Oct 27, 2017
ok cool. so i guess we're going to pretend that noah isn't antagonistic towards large parts of the community (" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ thats the way the cookie crumbles") and was then performing on stage at the eza concert?

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): bringing off-site drama to community thread by exposing a forum member's personal Twitter account
Also, criticism differs from hate. Criticism is fine. Slurs and insults are different, and on most other forum-like platforms would be deleted pretty quick. Or they should, at least. Because that's unproductive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mod Edit: Removed Screencap of a forum member's tweet.

for what its worth. i think you should be free to say shit like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
ok cool. so i guess we're going to pretend that noah isn't antagonistic towards large parts of the community (" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ thats the way the cookie crumbles") and was then performing on stage at the eza concert?

Let's be real durring the whole Colin situation large parts of the community were antagonistic with large parts of the community. Singling out someone because they were antagonistic when tensions were at there highest isn't exactally fair.

I was antagonistic towards people back then and from what I remember you were as well so I guess I really don't see what your point is. Nobody is perfect.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So now we're just going to go to Twitter feeds and screencap tweets, huh?

giphy.gif

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

I don't even know what that means... Why is it offensive? Why is it being posted here? What is even going on right now?

In general, I don't get why shittiness from the reddit keeps bleeding over here. Let their community be the way it wants to be (and leave us the fuck out of it).

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know what that means... Why is it offensive? Why is it being posted here? What is even going on right now?

In general, I don't get why shittiness from the reddit keeps bleeding over here. Let their community be the way it wants to be (and leave us the fuck out of it).

Lol, I agree.

Why do we give a fuck what is happening on reddit again?

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the notion that the reddit community is toxic, it's a mixed bag just like every other community (even here). You don't choose who is part of the community unless it's a walled garden. If you want people on the subreddit to think the ERA easy allies community is militant and toxic, then labeling them with a broad stroke is not going to help that image.

Also trinity, please don't stoop to screen capping twitter stuff, that's pretty degen

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017

Fucking shameful my dude. Starting to make sense why you're so defensive of the sub reddit though. You're giving the ERA EZA community a bad name rn.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Not to throw gasoline on a half-situation from two weeks ago or anything, but as the person that the aforementioned hate-filled manifesto was directed to... It's not a great look for a sub-community. Especially when the thread was filled with garbled transphobic and homophobic nonsense. I'm not hugely upset about it or anything (I had to grow a thick skin pretty quickly this year), but it has me very disappointed. Allies should live up to their name.

I do wonder if it can be moderated given the platform it's on. Reddit's CEO straight up said racial slurs were not against the rules just a week or so ago. He had to backpedal on it since then but still. Also subcommunities like the one dedicated to watching black people die were only banned 3 years ago. Yeah, that was a thing.

So that's why everytime someone calls out their hateful BS they see it as not accepting criticism or.. ugh.. censoring them. Just like that guy did in this very thread.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I do wonder if it can be moderated given the platform it's on. Reddit's CEO straight up said racial slurs were not against the rules just a week or so ago. He had to backpedal on it since then but still. Also subcommunities like the one dedicated to watching black people die were only banned 3 years ago. Yeah, that was a thing.

So that's why everytime someone calls out their hateful BS they see it as not accepting criticism or.. ugh.. censoring them. Just like that guy did in this very thread.

What the hell, that's awful.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Probably said a thousand times but really unfortunate timing for the E3 fundraiser stream. God of War unlocking right around then in Europe at least.

Oct 28, 2017
Awww man, I always miss the good shit!

They're doing another Easy Livin' weekend this year then? Did they get enough money during the stream last time to justify doing it again?

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Aaaaand that's why I mostly just lurk. :/
I honestly don't think you did anything wrong at all.

I haven't seen the screenshot, but if it's still about the whole Colin thing, a big part of the EZA community got heated back then and the things that have been said back and forth shouldn't matter anymore to either camp.
It's somewhat weird for somebody to drag that whole thing back out of the ditch. It's done for quite a while now and there is not reason to go back to it.

Last edited:

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
The Labo variety kit has only one thing that can be built in 15 minutes, everything else requires from an hour to over 3

This means multiple Labo streams! They might be able to get the software digitally so they can do Amateur Labo Construction with 3 or so builds at the same time.

Probably said a thousand times but really unfortunate timing for the E3 fundraiser stream. God of War unlocking right around then in Europe at least.
Does the time slot fit Europe in the first place? As a UTC+3 person I never watch anything live.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Last chance to predict the new shows folks! Place ya bets place ya bets!

- Ben doing NoClip style documentary pieces
- Huber's Video Game Game Show Show
- Sensible Drivers with Ian & Kyle
- The Finaltory Bosdate
- Bloodworth On The Street
- Stream For Fifteen
- Rad Brad In Stalingrad
- Video Game Improv
- "And For That Reason" podcast

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium

- The Finaltory Bosdate
- Stream For Fifteen
- Rad Brad In Stalingrad
- Video Game Improv
You have way too many good ideas.
I have an idea what most of those would be and they all sound good to me.

Last edited:

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Does the time slot fit Europe in the first place? As a UTC+3 person I never watch anything live.
It depends on where you live in Europe, but I suspect not for a lot of people on the East side of Europe. It starts at 10pm here (Belgium, which is UTC+2 in the summer) and that would be somewhat ok for me to catch a few hours of it (as I tend to go to bed way too late), but I don't know yet if I am going to watch the stream for those few hours or just wait until the weekend (I hope it is getting uploaded to youtube aftwards, otherwise I will watch the Twitch VODs).

I honestly don't think that GoW will keep most people who tend to watch a stream like this live away from the stream. Yakuza 6 came out a few days ago, I think it's the same for that one.

WiseSplinteR

Oct 28, 2017
^ some real winners in that list!

They've said they're saving Huber's game show idea for when they have a studio, but damn that would be great!
Ben doing some noclip style interviews would also be top tier.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
It starts at 9pm in the UK, so wouldn't be bad to catch a couple of hours before bed or whatever.
So God of War whould replace bed time, not those couple of hours anyway!

- The Finaltory Bosdate
- Stream For Fifteen
- Rad Brad In Stalingrad
- Video Game Improv
Ian's an actual show this time.

WNRdaZ0.gif

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
would you guys be interested in making an EZA style betting special for ourselves? people here could write questions and i would collect them into a thread in gaming were everyone could participate. We could use it to give EZA a bit of free promo on the gaming side.

i think it would be fun.

Meant to call this out the other day, it's a great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.