• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ns0MDhr.gif

Oct 25, 2017
BANANA TIER

Man, I was not prepared to go from Ian's show to Box Peek back to back. Noah and the band are amazing. Shout outs to them.

Bosman art and dialogue are a 10. Take all the time you need, Boss Man.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Great show, god damn that was amazing. I missed a bit from the start so I'll check that out later, but everything I saw was so good. Loved hearing those live versions of Ian's songs, and of course Box Peek blew away all my expectations, that show is going to be amazing.

L&R to everyone!

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing show. They're of course my favorite video game group but they're also so talented outside it as well. And now with patreon they have the flexibility to do all sorts of things.

An improvement from the first concert. The stream worked almost flawlessly (some audio sync issues). Great lighting, great camera work, great performances and videos.

Box Peek delivered in its promise. It's Kyle's anime show. Don debut his new show, and helped creat a masterful short film. Ian's performance was even better than last years. Jones lounge singer act was excellent as well. Loved Ben's demo disk essay as well. Hell that could be it's own YouTube web series. Brad's improv keeps getting better and better. Same with Daminai's hosting ability. And of course Blood the great rap and wild card in going for bits you wouldn't expect

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whole show was very good. Every ally did something that was distinctly "them", but was still unique and different from what we normally see from them so it felt like an event. The production values seemed to be a lot better than last year as well so you can tell they're improving as an organization as well.

Box Peak had a bunch of legit laugh out loud moments, like when the window broke at the very beginning.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It was actually a blessing in disguise, because they would've never been able to do stuff like this if they were still under Defy's grasp. I'm super glad Patreon has worked out for them as well as it has for these two years.
Oh, the context was (and probably Viacom too) on utilizing them well.

This was some A grad-entertainment and all Defy was worried about was how many clicks and ad revenue they were getting.

Diamonds among the rough.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Box Peek was hilarious and amazing. 100% worth the wait. Can't wait for Spring-ish!

What a fun show. I really love the Allies and I'm so ready for Year 3.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
What a show. My favorite parts were Jones' lounge set, Ian's band, and Box Peek. But there was so much goodness there.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Fantastic show! Ian with Noah and the band was an absolute highlight. Box Peek looks great too!

Jones singing my favorite FF theme <3

Here's to year 3!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
And, I mean, HUGE kudos on the massively improved production values over last year. This was just wonderfully done. Literally the only thing that could have made it better would be direct feed video on the video segments.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
And, I mean, HUGE kudos on the massively improved production values over last year. This was just wonderfully done. Literally the only thing that could have made it better would be direct feed video on the video segments.
Yea. And streaming it as well was great. I didn't expect we'd get all the multi camera work. Plus Improved lighting, the audio was good throughout the night, and the dramatic screen lowering.

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I liked Don's horse racing fantasy the best. :) Box Peek had great art and characters, but the pacing felt awkward. Good thing it's a beta version!

Oct 26, 2017
My choices for best moments from each ally (alphabetical order)

Ben Moore - Ben's VO! He does great. I hope they get to use more of him in that way.
Brad Ellis - Cappy/Chappie joke. That was GREAT improv. (and that crazy art house movie)
Brandon Jones - Melodies of Life cover was emotional. Loved it.
Daniel Bloodworth - I'd say he's an ally with less of a artistic focus and more of an editorial one.... yet he still rapped in front of a crowd. Amazing.
Don Casanova - He started a new series! Interspersing gameplay with IRL acting was really creative.
Ian Hinck - You + Me = Eternity with Noah (and band) was AMAZING. Best EZ Update song with an gorgeous rendition.
Kyle Bosman - Box Peek was everything I hoped for.
Loved the villain reveal! And Jordy. And CD.
Michael Damiani - Damiani was saved by "right guy" lol. But "middle guy" turned his loss into a meme. "Breath of the wild?". I like it that they got into integrating the audience into the show.
Michael Huber - Jazz hands dance lol

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw Box Peek episode 1.

It was legit funny, well voiced, charismatic and absolutely well done. If I was a TV exec, I'm sold on the pilot. The bonus but was also hilarious.

My only issue is the filming and it's really minor.

I am assuming Kyle is using a fast, long lens and is shooting wide open. that's making his Depth of Field really narrow . This makes him lose focus when his puppets move towards and away slightly. I would suggest stopping down(use a higher f stop) to increase your DoF so your puppets don't go out of focus at the slightest movement. This is a basic explanation of figuring out your hyperfocal distance, and there's a lot of factors that I don't know like if he's cropping in or out of camera, pulling focus, camera used, camera settings, and lighting solution.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Box Peak was really good

I missed like half the show, any announcement?

Also, I am getting weary of the Allies content lately. All I listen is the Podcast and Frame Trap, and the ocassional Huber Syndrome. Friend Code is really dull sometimes and I just don't like their single player streaming.

I have been a Patreon for a year and hardly see any direction of the content an what's the destination. What's the end goal? do they plan growth at all? any plans to improve the production values?

Apologies if my rant is disjointed but I am a bit sleepy. I want the allies yearly events to have the size of Kinda Funny events, they deserve it. I know, 9 guys against 5, yada yada.

Status
Not open for further replies.