• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yep, Easy Update was great.

On another note, I can't wait for PGW with EZA. Their reaction streams incl. pre and post shows are by far my favorite content from them. I love that they love these conferences so much. As Huber said right before the Switch presentation: "This is my favorite time IN LIFE!"

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a fairly low-level patron who only got into GameTrailers at the tail end of things, but got right back on the wagon when I heard about the formation of Easy Allies. The only video game content I regularly (and by regularly I mean religiously) consume comes from EZA and Idle Thumbs.

I was very sad to hear that SomeGameNewson YouTube wouldn't be able to keep putting out his/her best-of compilations, because with my day-to-day schedule there's no way I'd be able to watch even a fraction of the video content EZA produces. It was a great way to keep up with the Allies and experience the weird one-offs hidden in multiple-hour streams.

Some of my recent favourite goings-on that I'd like to share:

Ben breaks Kyle, while watching the Japanese Call of Duty trailer at the TGS 2017 Playstation press conference.

Huber drops a relevant DBZ reference during the Windjammers stream, leaving the Allies in stiches (no one more than Kyle).

Kyle's imitation of a precocious kid at the school lunch table promoting Shenmue to his fellow students elicits a violent belly laugh from Ben.

Kyle is destroyed by the revelation that a young Damiani wrote Star Fox fanfiction inspired by the film version of The Man in the Iron Mask from 1998.

Huber lets out a cartoonish yell when Jason gets the drop on him during a Friday the 13th stream.

Huber sings the Xbox One X specs after losing a bet to Bloodworth.

After Kyle and Ian spent a bizarre amount of time during the earlier hours of the Knack 2 full playthrough stream arguing about when to use "who" and "whom", respectively, it all finally comes around and pays off when someone in chat drops this one-liner.

Dark-Cloudz

Oct 28, 2017
London
Easy Update has been on point in the last few weeks, culminating with that beautiful atrocity. Hink putting out some great content recently.

L&R

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
So I guess Easy Update does show me a reason why it exists every once in a blue moon :p

I almost said I will try to cause less drama here in my last post. Almost.

OP
OP
Auctopus

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Auctopus I'd happily work on updating the OT but after I'm done with Mario :p

Sounds like a good idea to me! I feel like creating a fresh OT for the new forum, ResetEra just came together a lot quicker than I was expecting. Real busy this weekend but give me a week and we can start collaborating or some new ideas if you like?

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I was banned from the other place when it was first shown off, so I'm a bit lttp, but I just wanted to say that Blood's cosplay for the Dark Souls stream was incredible

bahorel

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess Easy Update does show me a reason why it exists every once in a blue moon :p

BmxUysoCAAEYkZ6.jpg

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a fairly low-level patron who only got into GameTrailers at the tail end of things, but got right back on the wagon when I heard about the formation of Easy Allies. The only video game content I regularly (and by regularly I mean religiously) consume comes from EZA and Idle Thumbs.

I was very sad to hear that SomeGameNewson YouTube wouldn't be able to keep putting out his/her best-of compilations, because with my day-to-day schedule there's no way I'd be able to watch even a fraction of the video content EZA produces. It was a great way to keep up with the Allies and experience the weird one-offs hidden in multiple-hour streams.

Some of my recent favourite goings-on that I'd like to share:
I've been thinking recently about editing my own highlights to try and help with this. To not step on SomeGameNews's toes, they would be more single instances than compilations (think Game Grumps animated or Video Games Awesome highlights). Mainly stuff from hours long content that become a big deal. "GAH!" from Kyle's Beastly stream was what got me thinking about it. Then people could get these jokes without scrubbing through streams.

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
Everything with Ian and Don is gold, and I don't know why.

Also, best use of final word yet on last episode with Jones and his ghost-talk. Not because I agree, but because I immediately wanted someone to argue against him, but realized they couldn't.
So well played Jones.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Everything with Ian and Don is gold, and I don't know why.

Also, best use of final word yet on last episode with Jones and his ghost-talk. Not because I agree, but because I immediately wanted someone to argue against him, but realized they couldn't.
So well played Jones.
I enjoy those two as a team up a lot as well. Great chemistry. Also always nice to have Don participate in these hopefully we're also not to far away from the next don surprise content drop(no idea if something is in the works just crossing my fingers that for it) whatever it is(more don discount gaming or something).

Nikpls

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy those two as a team up a lot as well. Great chemistry. Also always nice to have Don participate in these hopefully we're also not to far away from the next don surprise content drop(no idea if something is in the works just crossing my fingers that for it) whatever it is(more don discount gaming or something).
Suggested this on patreon a while ago: Don should make a video of him writing a Fiasco for a future Fiasconauts episode, laying out his thought process and all that. Would be neat to see how his level design skills translate to something like that.

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
issa I'm going to pronounce your name like I assume jar jar would ;).

Got 7 hours into tew 2 stream before I had to stop to play Mario odyssey. Feel bad because it'll be a while before I'm able to get back to the stream.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Umibozu My knowledge of the Star War isn't up there, but yes I believe that would be the correct pronunciation.
Speaking of names, is yours a reference to the rapper or the yokai?

You can't get every moon in every world immediately, so don't spend 5 hours looking for the last few moons in
Cascade Kingdom
like I just did.
Thanks for the warning, unfortunately I did spend hours scouring that land down to every last corner :(

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
I've been thinking recently about editing my own highlights to try and help with this. To not step on SomeGameNews's toes, they would be more single instances than compilations (think Game Grumps animated or Video Games Awesome highlights). Mainly stuff from hours long content that become a big deal. "GAH!" from Kyle's Beastly stream was what got me thinking about it. Then people could get these jokes without scrubbing through streams.
Do you mean uploading selected highlights on YouTube as short, standalone clips? I really wouldn't see that as stepping on anyone's toes seeing as how SomeGameNews themselves stated that they won't be able to do any more compilations any time soon.

If possible, I wouldn't mind supporting a Patreon for SomeGameNews so that they can keep up making their content, if the financial side is the limiting factor. Heck, as a paying EZA supporter, I would love it if they brought SomeGameNews into the fold and a small percentage of my monthly patronage went towards them churning out best-of videos. But I realise that's probably not realistic (or even feasible).

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do you mean uploading selected highlights on YouTube as short, standalone clips? I really wouldn't see that as stepping on anyone's toes seeing as how SomeGameNews themselves stated that they won't be able to do any more compilations any time soon.
Yeah that's exactly what I mean. I'll look into trying out next week once I'm finished with Uni.

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
issa
Umibozu is in reference to the sweeper/gun for hire in the 80s anime City Hunter. The character in my avatar is named falcon but protagonist gives him the nickname umibozu because he's bald and big (Umibozu were giant bald sea monsters in Japanese lore).

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the increased workload of review season I think each ally has their hands full for the time being, but you never know Don could always surprise us.

Oct 28, 2017
that was a good easy update. now i'm gonna remember that everytime they say research time

btw is the eraezadiscord still active? can i get a link?

Last edited:

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My god New Donk is a straight up playground and I've decided I'm never leaving it, forget the rest of the game, this is my home now.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Farisr (SomeGameNews) was an EZA-GAF regular and has an Era account, so he should be around here somewhere. Last I remember, he was working on a new Best of video but since he can't dedicate much time to it like he did before, they just take a while. Maybe another idea is you guys organising something between the two of you? Like swapping weeks or something (you do one week, farisr does the next, etc).

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I wanna be glued to Wolfenstein. But can't. Gotta get through at least something from the backlog first, probably Night in the Woods.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Playing Wolfenstein now after 500 Mario moons. I don't like the gameplay, but everything else around it is so good that I've just thrown it on the easiest to make the playable segments quick.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wolfenstein isn't here yet, but if it's like the first I'm not sure if I'll love it, I actually don't like it's stealth gameplay at all and wish guns blazing was the priority for the whole game. The 'broadcasting signal' areas never gelled with me.

And I just suck at stealth in general.

Wiggy

Oct 26, 2017
Mario is an easy GOTY for me. I recommend every beat it ASAP. Hope the allies do a Spoiler Mode on it.

Oh and the site looks loads better already!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I started up TEW2 and Wolfenstein.

TEW2 feels like a pretty big step back from TEW1, so I'm probably going to leave it for another time. Somehow, it seems even clunkier to control than the first one.

Loving Wolfenstein though. Opted for one difficulty higher than the default and it's pretty thrilling. The speed of it all as you flick from Nazi to Nazi just being an absolute murder machine, it just feels great.

What stands out to me though is the body language for some of the characters. It is absolutely phenomenal and communicates so much without relying on dialogue.

Last edited:

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Not that I'm aware of. Think Brad does or is atleast getting one.
Brad posted a couple pages back. Damiani's probably on Era too, as someone signed up with his old username (Hylian Scribe), but he probably won't post in this thread because there were a couple of people who were jerks to him in the community thread back at GAF.

Countdown till Easy Allies livestreams Sony PGW Conference

3.30am here... :/ I'm going to be a mess tomorrow, so I'm trying to get as much work done today to make up for it.

I just realised I didn't do the bets earlier, so I guess I'll do mine now:

Will Shenmue be shown? No.
Which will get more screen time; Horizon Zero Dawn or Detroit: Become Human? Detroit
Will Spider-man be shown in the first half, second half, or not at all? Second half
Will a new God of War weapon be revealed? Yes

Will there be a new game from Ready at Dawn? Bosman: No. Agree
Will there be a new game from Remedy? Casanova: Yes. Disagree
Will there be a new game from Rocksteady? Bloodworth: No. Agree
Will a Detroit: Become Human demo be released? Jones: No. Agree

FINAL BET: Soul Calibur 6 is announced for PS4/Xbox/PC (though they only announce PS4 at the show, obviously), coming in 2018 and features Kratos as a guest character on PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.