• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I just sorta assumed that instead of announcing games they would line up their most talented developers and execute them live. You know, because it is EA. They hate us.

Mar 9, 2018
DRAGON AGE?

72ADD2635BEF75D0B5B373CC63AED6B8F547E575

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Its just mindblowing to me what happened to Bioware this gen.

jeeeez

How do you go from one of the best trilogies of all time to Andromeda and Anthem?

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Its just mindblowing to me what happened to Bioware this gen.

jeeeez

How do you go from one of the best trilogies if all time to Andromeda and Anthem?
If Capcom can be "back", Bioware can.

... ... but I think few companies had a harder fall from grace this gen then Bioware.

Some really well-done remasters would restore a lot of lost faith.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
If Capcom can be "back", Bioware can.

... ... but I think few companies had a harder fall from grace this gen then Bioware.

Some really well-done remasters would restore a lot of lost faith.
The thing with Capcom being "back" is that they never went away. Bioware went downhill rapidly after ME2

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hyped as fuck, can't wait for:

Burnout Paradise 2 / Burnout 4
Mass Effect Remake
Medal of Honor Allied Assault Remake
Battlefield 2143
a real Dead Space 3
Command & Conquer Generals 2

Sports
Star Wars
Mass Effect Trilogy (shitty) Remaster

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Sadly, being in the UK and having a job that isn't in games, I'm gonna have to miss this one. However, I believe this sums up my feelings.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
No doubt FIFA 21 will be the same as FIFA20 but with more ways for Ultimate Team to rape money from people. Without a BF, this event just doesn't excite at all.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The thing with Capcom being "back" is that they never went away. Bioware went downhill rapidly after ME2
I think Capcom was "gone" for a good long while. Mega Man was dead, Resident Evil had utterly lost its identity, Devil May Cry was only a widely rejected reboot nobody wanted, their fighting games were suddenly having major issues both in and out of their control (SFxTekken's many issues, MvC:U's many criticisms, SFV's false start), Dead Rising's star had fallen, once-big franchises had cooled like Lost Planet, new IPs like Remember Me weren't remembered, etc.

For awhile there, it was hard to get any real enthusiasm to be a Capcom fan. Even if a franchise was announced, you'd wonder how they'd screw up it.

Now? Man, it feels GOOD to talk up how Resident Evil is better than ever, Devil May Cry is doing great, Mega Man is back in business, Street Fighter V turned things (mostly) around, etc. Obviously, I think an Okami 2, Mega Man Legends 3, and new Darkstalkers are what's TRULY needed for penance, but... they're on the right track.

Bioware though? Man, it's been one snowball downhill for awhile. I STILL remember the early Andromeda threads going "wait for Anthem! That's where the REAL talent is going to be!"....

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really only interested in a new Dead Space or a remaster trilogy.
Shit, I'd take Severed and Extraction finally coming to PC.

Remasters for all platforms (or even just the PC versions ported to consoles, since they still hold up very well) would be good too though.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I think Capcom was "gone" for a good long while. Mega Man was dead, Resident Evil had utterly lost its identity, Devil May Cry was only a widely rejected reboot nobody wanted, their fighting games were suddenly having major issues both in and out of their control (SFxTekken's many issues, MvC:U's many criticisms, SFV's false start), Dead Rising's star had fallen, once-big franchises had cooled like Lost Planet, new IPs like Remember Me weren't remembered, etc.

For awhile there, it was hard to get any real enthusiasm to be a Capcom fan. Even if a franchise was announced, you'd wonder how they'd screw up it.

Now? Man, it feels GOOD to talk up how Resident Evil is better than ever, Devil May Cry is doing great, Mega Man is back in business, Street Fighter V turned things (mostly) around, etc. Obviously, I think an Okami 2, Mega Man Legends 3, and new Darkstalkers are what's TRULY needed for penance, but... they're on the right track.

Bioware though? Man, it's been one snowball downhill for awhile. I STILL remember the early Andromeda threads going "wait for Anthem! That's where the REAL talent is going to be!"....
I dunno, they were putting out consistently great Monster Hunter 10/10 games (most of which were arguably better than World) and Resi was doing better than ever. They never went away from me.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Only thing I'd be excited for is Command & Conquer Remastered Collection 2: Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2.

OP
OP
Radium217

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019

Yeah Capcom was definitely gone. They definitely lost their way at some point. And even though they have released many great games this gen they still have lots of potential and have wasted some of that recently with RE3.

EA was much better last gen, but you can bet there will be a resurgence, it's a matter of when that will come. Personally I think they hit the bottom this gen and will need to come back swinging at some point. Not saying that will be tonight but at some point. Squadrons is also a good reminder that they are gearing towards making more consumer-centric games with no MTX and a discounted price at launch unlike the BF2 debacle.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
there is some rumors that Fifa 21 will be exclusive nextgen on xbox
had anybody heard something?