Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GamePass-esque service for EA and other publishers. Games like Madden 19, FIFA 19, Battlefield available before launch (.

14.99€ or $/month or 99.99€ or $/year, launches this summer, according to the trailer description, over 100 games available.

Trailer description:
Origin Access Premier is a new tier of our PC gaming membership that gets you new games like Battlefield V, FIFA 19, Madden NFL 19, and Anthem before launch. No trial, no waiting, just play. Plus, dive into over 100 PC titles whenever you want, as long as you're a Premier member – that means great EA games and titles from our partners like Batman: Arkham Asylum, INSIDE, The Witness, and more. Then save 10% on other Origin digital purchases like Ultimate Team content. Origin Access Premier arrives on PC this summer. Find out more at http://x.ea.com/47314

Welcome to Premier, the newest tier of Origin Access subscriptions, coming soon. Learn the differences between Basic and Premier and why you should upgrade.

WHAT'S PREMIER?

Premier is a new membership tier that gives you access to the latest and greatest EA games before anyone else. You get access to the full game – yours to play whenever you want, for as long as you're a Premier member.

Learn more about Premier on origin.com.

WHAT ABOUT CURRENT MEMBERSHIPS?
The current tier of Origin Access is now a Basic membership.

If you already have Origin Access, your membership won't change unless you upgrade. You'll still get your current benefits for the same price.

SO, WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PREMIER AND BASIC?

• 10% discount in the Origin Store on full games, pre-orders, expansions, FIFA points, and more.
  • Full, unlimited access to the best editions of our games, starting five days before they launch.
    • That's right, no more limited-time trials. Play the full game starting five days before launch without purchasing it separately, until you cancel your Premier membership.
  • Access to all of the games in The Vault, a library of games that keeps growing. Play any games that have already been added, as much as you want.

• The same 10% discount in the Origin Store on full games, pre-orders, expansions, FIFA points, and more.
  • The chance to try out our new games for up to ten hours, starting five days before launch, with Play First Trials.
  • Access to The Vault, a library of games that keeps growing.
HOW MUCH DOES PREMIER COST?
Find out how much Premier costs for both monthly and yearly memberships in your region on origin.com.

WHEN CAN I GET PREMIER?
Whether you already have Origin Access and want to upgrade or you're ready to join for the first time, you can get Premier when it launches. Stay tuned for more details, coming soon!

Mod Edit: Origin Access ($5/month) is already available on PC and has been for some time https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/origin-access

Last edited by a moderator:

Zatoichi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Its not a streaming service, its a higher tier Origin Access that gets you access to the latest PC games.

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
I'm not particularly excited about this push towards game streaming. It requires even higher environmental costs due to 24/7 server farms with gaming-ready hardware, it leaves game ownership entirely over to big companies like EA, it precludes modding, it has input delay and compression artifacts, and any archival approaches to games is out of the question.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
make it cross platform, fifa on pc? nah

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Well I already use GeForce NOW. Might as well try out Origin Access Premier as well.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Will definitely hop in for Battlefield V for a month or two, and then hold off till Anthem again! Really like this idea, especially because of game prices in Canada.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
Its not a streaming service, its a higher tier Origin Access that gets you access to the latest PC games.

Thank God and the spaghetti monster.

Streaming even locally over gigabit is just not as good by any stretch, though I guess if you have a potato type laptop or something it's still better than nothing.

The real scoop here imho is : Madden back on PC. Haven't heard that elsewhere yet. Sales flagging on the console versions? It always seemed bizarre to me not to port them once Gen8 showed solid PC multiplat sales and the overall ease of porting (eg; if you make an Xbox version, it's not a huge investment to make a PC version, and vice versa).

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think EA releases enough games per year for this to be worth it, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it!

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
EA is probably going to push hard for cross play in the near future I think.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cool. Guess EA saw how much money Microsoft was or is going to make from game pass. This is exciting!

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
So the difference between this and standard Origin Access is that it gives access to all Origin games instead of just the vault?

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Streaming is something they are working on and Premier is EA GP.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard good things about Orgin Access so an expansion to the service is great.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely in for this. I wonder how many more of these get announced before the end of the week? Ubisoft must be a lock for this.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Waiting on price but sounds good. I'd be willing to pay 10€/month to play some new games, especially single player games or games where I can get my fill in 30 days. More options, always good.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
If this is £7.99 a month then it would only need two AAA games and an Indie game to justify the price. Seems as though by default you will get Fifa and Madden in with that as well.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not particularly excited about this push towards game streaming. It requires even higher environmental costs due to 24/7 server farms with gaming-ready hardware, it leaves game ownership entirely over to big companies like EA, it precludes modding, it has input delay and compression artifacts, and any archival approaches to games is out of the question.

It's not streaming