• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you can't repair weapons they already got upgraded? So I be avoiding upgrades until they lose 50 durability?

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What a massive shift in opinions. On the first 1-2 days, pretty everyone in this thread was shitting on the game. Lately most of the opinions are positive. I wonder why the change.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
What a massive shift in opinions. On the first 1-2 days, pretty everyone in this thread was shitting on the game. Lately most of the opinions are positive. I wonder why the change.

The one's shitting on the game got up and left and you are left with the people who enjoy it. Pretty standard procedure if you ask me.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
People that have stuck with it for more than a few hours probably like it. Makes sense that the ones who were less positive may have bounced off

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I think the long fairly linear intro was probably off-putting for a lot of people, but once you get past that it's much more enjoyable. Seems like most are liking the gameplay loop which is the main draw of these games anyways.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there was some confusion in the plot because unless I missed something things warped back and forth pretty quickly.

I'm doing jobs for Sophie and suddenly they all think I'm a traitor so I'm back to talking to the PeaceKeeper guy and then after clearing the Water Tower it's like "Who's side do you want to be on" and I decided to side with the citizens over the Peacekeepers because I feel like the Peacekeepers are more aligned as being the bad guys, but also I feel like there should have been more time to flesh out the bazaar betraying you? Like, my initial read was that the bazaar is more innocent than the peacekeepers but the story makes you want to align with the peacekeepers because the bazaar threw you under a bus asap.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
EjBLSwl.jpg

Lucentto

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like how this game locks you in due to auto saving. I had a challenge quest where you had to climb up a tower (being vague here), and I fucked up and fell. Now since I failed, I can't try it again, and the game says "welp you failed". That's kind of shit because I wanted to try it again. I don't understand what they're going for here but it gives me the feeling that I'm missing content. It's severely hampering my enjoyment and I'm considering quitting the game over it. Which is a shame because I do enjoy it.

Nov 17, 2019
I feel like there was some confusion in the plot because unless I missed something things warped back and forth pretty quickly.

I'm doing jobs for Sophie and suddenly they all think I'm a traitor so I'm back to talking to the PeaceKeeper guy and then after clearing the Water Tower it's like "Who's side do you want to be on" and I decided to side with the citizens over the Peacekeepers because I feel like the Peacekeepers are more aligned as being the bad guys, but also I feel like there should have been more time to flesh out the bazaar betraying you? Like, my initial read was that the bazaar is more innocent than the peacekeepers but the story makes you want to align with the peacekeepers because the bazaar threw you under a bus asap.
The Bazaar betrays you because you didn't tell them that you were working with aitor to find Lucas' killer. They thought you were spying on them so you can pin the blame for Lucas' murder on someone from the Bazaar.

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How do you use the Sandbags the survivors hang up near ledges? I've seen in reviews people tackling them and riding them to the ground but theres no way to interact with them

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
You need to do the two side quests (the goat one and the water one). It's badly named. It's not just talking to people.

One was enough for me to get a call.

I really don't like how this game locks you in due to auto saving. I had a challenge quest where you had to climb up a tower (being vague here), and I fucked up and fell. Now since I failed, I can't try it again, and the game says "welp you failed". That's kind of shit because I wanted to try it again. I don't understand what they're going for here but it gives me the feeling that I'm missing content. It's severely hampering my enjoyment and I'm considering quitting the game over it. Which is a shame because I do enjoy it.

Tell me about it. If you complete the windmill that Kerbatsos is waiting at you can't talk to him after that.

Oct 28, 2017

I think it's a combination of the intro being the weakest part of the game, people playing before the Day 1 patch, and the general "pile-on" effect. The game still has issues but it gets so much more fun when you get into the open world.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the first Dying Light was a decent 7/10 game. So far this game is quite a bit more entertaining, pretty much everything is improved.

Still early days though. Let's see how it goes.

Mattofrivia

Nov 23, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far. Wife and I loved the first one, a great co-op game. Still in the first area, but loving the side quests, the combat, and the traversal is just so fun. Really no big bugs so far, outside of graphical glitches. Really loving it

Jardim

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
I'm not entirely sure what happened, but raytraced GI now tanks my performance no matter what I do. I was playing pretty closed to 60 before with Digital's Foundry optmized setting, but it just stays on the 20's no matter what I do now.

So weird.

dab0ne

Oct 27, 2017
The other comments nailed it. It was miserable until I unlocked a few perks. Took me 10-12 hours of playing before I was upgraded enough for it to be fun and not a slog. It's hard to stay with a game that long before feeling like it's enjoyable.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Woah, I advanced a bit more in the story and I'm amazed at size and verticality of the other parts of the city I'm getting to explore.

Story has issues but it's enjoyable in a pulpy, tropey way. Much like the first game in certain ways.

The more I play it the more I'm enjoying it, to be honest. I see myself putting lots of hours in this one. And special mention to the soundtrack, which is amazing in some set pieces and very moody and nice in more calm moments.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
The more I play, the more I enjoy the game. However, something is bugging me. I intermittently hear this distinctive sound, like a coin being flipped, but I have no idea what it signifies. Anyone know?

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
Restarting multiple times helped me get hakons call. Something was glitched that wouldn't let me progress. Glad the gameplay is fun, if it was any other game..I would've quit

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
So far this game is EXACTLY what I wanted out of a Dying Light game. I love it! I'm so happy to go out - day or night - and just parkour all over the place.

Also, this:

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Great news on the hotfixes - really looking forward to jumping (heh) back in with the first larger patch.

Oct 25, 2017
So you can't repair weapons they already got upgraded? So I be avoiding upgrades until they lose 50 durability?
Yep, which is a really shitty way of doing it. It should just add 50 durability to current and/or cap.

The actual gameplay loop: parkour, exploration, day/night cycle, etc. is really well done imho.

whassupbun

Oct 28, 2017
Enjoying the game a lot. I remember having a blast with DL1 years ago, but have pretty much forgotten everything about it except the signature dropkick. They really got the gameplay balance down pat here with the day and night cycle, the outdoor exploration feels like the world is your oyster and you can go anywhere you want to go, while the indoor stealth section feels tense and claustrophobic.

One thing that really bothers me though, is the story mission parkour chases. A super short death timer starts if you go off course, and I died so many times during those chases. It's ridiculous the game wants to you follow a very specific route in these chases, it's an open world game and I'm running and jumping so fast, I will jump to the next rooftop that feels natural to me, that's the whole point of freeflow parkour, but the game punishes you for that in those chase missions.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
The first like 10 hours of the game are kinda a slog with all the bullshit I don't care about. Glad it refocuses on the plot thats actually somewhat interesting. Fuck the people of the bazaar and fuck the peacekeepers. Did they really expect the player to care about a single one of those fuckin' jabronis?

Zenkuso

Jan 28, 2019
Volatiles in this one are crazy strong, managed to take out three before getting owned by a fourth.

Also mines are really good if you want those two achievements.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Just finished first playthrough. Clocked in around 35 hours. All in all, this is a fantastic game and an astronomical improvement over the first game in almost every respect. The parkour system is perfected and honestly I'm uncertain if another game's parkour will be able to beat this but we shall see.

I felt the story, characters and dialogue were not anywhere near as awful as people (especially in this thread) were saying. I came away from it with some favourite story moments and characters, which I wasn't initially expecting.

However... my biggest criticism BY FAR has to be the ending. They really weren't kidding. Haven't been this disappointed in an ending in a long time. It really feels like they gave up at the final hurdle. Really the entire final mission just feels poor in comparison to the rest of the game's stunning level design and set pieces. I hope it gets updated or patched down the line because I'd hate for it to be a permanent stain on an otherwise incredible game.

Easy 9 for me (potentially higher if that ending gets fixed.)

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I progressed the main story too far and got locked out of a few side quests. But they still permanently appear on the map. It's messing with me.

Drumbo

Nov 18, 2021
Chicago
Really loving the game in general, but my one complaint is the audio. Voices sound tinny and compressed to me, the constant coin flip noise is distracting and unnecessary, and please stop talking so much everybody! I'm running around and somebody says something specifically addressed to me, so I stop, turn around, and there's no way to know who's talking to me. More importantly, it doesn't matter, because if you do find them you can't interact with them. Might be just me, but it really interrupts the flow

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017

That's actually the point
They are both grey and there's no right or wrong option. Basically the peacekeepers aren't actually any more aligned towards being the bad guys any more than the Bazaar. It just so happens that your first friendly settlement is the bazaar and your first introduction to peacekeeper is from bazaar perspective. Like regarding the Bazaar being shitty, they are not doing much to find the killer eventhough it seems it's in their best interest.