• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
This game has huge potential so if they need more time then it's for the better.

Who's next, though?

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Given that this never got a release date more specific than Spring 2020, not a huge surprise. We don't even know what platforms the PC version will be available on.

Luck

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Rw6g5wT.png

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Me and my mate were so hyped for that...fuck.
And no date makes it sound like a 2021 game...................... 😢

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
I was looking the other day and saw it said spring with nothing more specific and assumed this would happen.. Seems like it would suit next gen.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Too bad. Gonna spend my gaming spring only with the Control-DLC then.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen much new from the game for a long while and had been surprised they were still shooting for Spring until now. Hopefully whatever is going on with the project smooths out, as this delay sounds fairly significant with no new date and that we'll be updated in the coming months on the situation.

Oct 27, 2017
Even in the face of ridiculous competition, I think this game could be in the conversation for the GotY. The caveat to that is their statement doesn't lead me to believe a 2020 release is certain anymore.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I'm always happy to hear about delays tbh, I just think we get better games for it.

I need to see a video of dying light 2's raytracing. The teaser screenshots have looked significantly improved with it on, it might be the best showcase so far but it's still just still images.

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
What's the alternative?

I mean I'm not for crunch but as a consumer you'd rather buy an unfinished and broken product with the promise of it being fixed later?
Unironically calling yourself a "consumer". Assuming crunch means the game won't still come out broken. This post is so clown shoes I wanna cry a little.

Also, to answer your question, the alternative is delay the game to a reasonable date so that the devs dont have to work more than at most 50 hours a week. The downside to this is that some rich dickheads in suits are going to get slightly less of an initial return on their investments so instead, just grind those devs into dust. Besides, there's plenty of new employees we can crunch waiting to replace them and they will absolutely never go away. This is a completely sustainable industry!

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
wow...what a shame, I can't believe nobody got a major game out for January/February, they would've destroyed in sales. Last year we had DMC and RE2 and they did phenomenal.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who loved Dying Light, between the narrative direction it's gone and now this delay, I don't care anymore.

All I want is a zombie initial outbreak simulator.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
What have you seen of the Dambuster's version?
Nothing too great, but it was super early last I saw it, and not the same game I had even saw with Yagers.

Tho Dambuster has a lot more experience imo with something like this so I do have faith they can pull something off. It's just I wish it was used in a different place.

Like this sequel was a waste of time in my eyes.

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
Now that Cyberpunk, Avengers, Dying Light all moved to the 2nd half of the year, then The Last of Us 2 is going to be an absolute sales monster in May with them all gone from its immediate launch window.

Dec 14, 2019
Dying Light was actually planned for Xbox 360 as well. They canceled the Xbox 360 version at the very end in order to focus on next generation hardware. Could that be going on here as well?

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
I know this is a personal bias, but I love Spring releases as I have more time to play them. When everything gets pushed to the late summer/fall, not only do I have less time to play them because of life responsibilities but also everything is stacked on top of each. Less time to play + too many games to play = sad me.

Spaced out released are the best

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Im not surprised, they can't even get the most basic Xbox One X compatibility for DL1 into the game, despite still updating it with small DLC that nobody wants or asked for. A shame.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised given how ambitious the game seemed to be.

I'm not sure why they wanted to push the open world bar, like a GTA or Elder Scrolls game, with a sequel to Dying Light but you aren't likely to do it in <5 years.