• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
My guess would be a reverse RE game, where you play as patient zero in some kind of experiment and must escape the testing facility and slowly infect the world.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
It will be a VR game called "Leon Bloody Loves Milk". You play as Leon S. Kennedy who bloody loves milk, but there's no milk. You must find the last of the milk in order to stop the world being destroyed.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
Most likely RE open world.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oct 31, 2017
A lot of what he's said comes across as pretty generic like "I heard a new RE game comes out in 2021" but then, next year that'll get excused with "oh but Covid-19 happened so it's 22, also, some things changed so it wasn't the wild concept I was talking about, that is coming later" etc.

Unless it's true that a new RE game with some complete genre-shift releases in two years or gets shown off, I'm pretty much ready to call dusk off as a hoax, because it can't be the same song and dance all the time. It's easy to be right all the time if you phrase your predictions and rumors with the proper vague terms.

Open world pretty much means "We took a loop that would've burnt itself out over 20 hours and stretched it to boring 100 hours."

There is no game, certainly not of any established franchise that suddenly shifted to Open World that didn't fall in this trap. BotW is not an exception. It lost certain Zelda features that were actually good even when the games overall were less good, (like Skyward Sword) such as unique dungeons, themes monsters, bosses, etc. in favor of a prefab-heavy overworld. I knew back when the first Skyrim clone came out that this was gonna mark this gen's trend like Gears of War took last gen, but I mean come on... can people really hype this up?

I don't get it either. Open world sacrifices everything for long, empty stretches of nothing and busywork.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Believe or don't believe him. The choice is yours and only time will tell if he's right or not.
...No because that's what keeps happening. "I can't confirm it right now, I'm open to debate it in the future if my info was bad" etc. it's a bait and switch every time. Make a rumor, and correct or adapt the news when they actually happen to fit what you said before. That's all I've ever seen from this guy.

Knightsoftheround

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 7, 2020
...No because that's what keeps happening. "I can't confirm it right now, I'm open to debate it in the future if my info was bad" etc. it's a bait and switch every time. Make a rumor, and correct or adapt the news when they actually happen to fit what you said before. That's all I've ever seen from this guy.

Don't think I've ever seen them be wrong on something Resident Evil?

ItsOKAY

Jan 26, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Resident Evil: New Horizon
A chilled an relaxing game, sets on an island. And this time - no zombies..just one pure horror is on that island - the dept collector! You know his name!
hqdefault.jpg

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I did a tweet wall for those who want to know my "history" in this field.

It's a long tweet wall, but I did forget a few things, such as this:

However, I think it's good people doubt me on things.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
What could "biggest departure the series has ever taken" even be at this point? The series already became Call of Duty once, already had multiple online/local multiplayer-focused titles, it already had a Socom spin-off, multiple first-person shooter entries and a return to roots/basics revival...

Open world I guess?

The medieval nonsense others mentioned?

edit: I forgot about the multiple rail shooters, those exist too

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be set in space and it will be terrible

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
this makes me a bit nervous. i dig the RE2/3 and RE6 stuff they've been doing but not the MP stuff at all. then again i hated Mr X and Nemesis, so even the stuff i liked has been a mixed bag.

hoping to be pleasantly surprised but won't get my hopes up. will instead assume the worst.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
That sounds awesome ..but doubt they'll do that with Corona going on

The rumor says the game has been in development since 2016, and it sounds like it won't come out until 2021. Considering the turn around from R3make being leaked/announced to released was a few months, they could easily announce this game like summer 2021 for fall 2021 release. Hopefully by then this nightmare will be behind us.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Don't think I've ever seen them be wrong on something Resident Evil?

Then you havent been paying attention.

Sorry Dusk but im taking this with a massive grain of salt. Apologies but your track record hasnt been great. Perhaps you should keep the speculation a bit more on the down low as people really take your observations and ideas as gospel or a confirmation.

Time will tell though.

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
Asymmetrical Multiplayer game where one player controls a tyrany-class enemy that chase the players, like Dead by Daylight.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Open world game based on the films where you play as Alice and Wesker gets killed by a door while most of the known characters just disappear during a load screen near the end.

Pretty big departure.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
The only thing I see causing a big reaction is them seriously fucking up the RE4 remake. That could do it.

Heck, RE4 was the biggest departure in the series and it was fucking amazing, so... Doesn't have to be a bad thing.