Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Like... Dungeon Fighter from 12 years ago Dungeon Fighter? Can't say I saw this name coming up in an ArcSys next project.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Put me in the camp of "was hoping their next game would be P5 Arena or at least a new BlazBlue." Then again they'd probably simplify a new Persona fighter so maybe it's for the best.
I'd care about them still not announcing a new BlazBlue if not for the fact that the starting roster is guaranteed to be as small as something like GG Strive, and much like that would include almost no one I wanted back or didn't already expect anyway. They'd probably dumb down mainline BB like they're doing with GG too, though.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'd care about them still not announcing a new BlazBlue if not for the fact that the starting roster is guaranteed to be as small as something like GG Strive, and much like that would include almost no one I wanted back or didn't already expect anyway. They'd probably dumb down mainline BB like they're doing with GG too, though.
I hope they're waiting on the overall feedback of Strive before committing to the gameplay systems of a new BB. I'm still only cautiously optimistic about Strive. But man I don't give a shit if the new BB has like 10 characters. Give me Tsubakimen and Nun Noel and Nu-13 and I'm in.

MoonGirard

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
Man If there was ever a MMO game that screamed would make a perfect Arc Fighter it was DFO love that Male Slayer is even in the Beserk class which always felt like it took a page from Ragna.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Man, Arc System Works' art-style & graphics really nailed that 2D anime feel...

I'm hoping SNK would adopt this style too for XV...

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Watching gameplay from the original MMO....wow it already kind of sort of is almost like a fighting game. Almost makes a fighting game spinoff feel kind of redundant. Still, interested in seeing more of this.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Seeing 8ing again gets me more excited than anything else. I never thought they'd get to make anything close to a fighter for the mainstream again.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
DAMN! ArcSys getting all the ips this gen, and 8ing on board too? This has potential to be pretty awesome.

Sad that is not Blazblue, but hopefully it will come when it's the perfect time for it and with Strive so close it's really not the moment.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
...is that 8ing I see?

On to the watchlist you go!

I barely played the MMO when it first came out here. Was sort of fun, remember wishing the game looked better visually with its sprites and animations.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
DAMN! ArcSys getting all the ips this gen, and 8ing on board too? This has potential to be pretty awesome.

Sad that is not Blazblue, but hopefully it will come when it's the perfect time for it and with Strive so close it's really not the moment.

There was this quote that came out earlier today about 2021 plans.

So they might start preproduction on a new Blazblue this year at least.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
There was this quote that came out earlier today about 2021 plans.

So they might start preproduction on a new Blazblue this year at least.

Thanks for the info! I'm glad that they are working on the series and is not being pushed aside, hopefully they'll take their time with it since they are juggling so many projects at the moment.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
never really played it but I heard this name constantly from my friends back in high school. This is pretty damn crazy cause I was the one that was never interested in trying out. Maybe now that it's a fighter I'll try it.

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017
it look and sounds a lot like guilty gear. couldn't this just be put in that as dlc or something instead? seems crazy to be making another separate game.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Somewhere, between the new 3d version and the fighting game, there lies a beautiful High Definition sprite edition of the old 2D game waiting to be created, looking similar to something like KOF 13

Ec4FQPbU8AApuO2.png

I can imagine it being at the top of this list.
_JYZVDMfnG4T5Vd7Qo8_lLu8vgstFLrHufmKTQ9aldc.jpg

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
8ing..shit. That name fills me with nostalgia. I used fiend on their fighting games during my teenage years.

It's still a crime that Namco Bandai hasn't commissioned them to make a spiritual successor to the Naruto GNT game. Absolute waste of a license.

Oct 26, 2017
The property does absolutely nothing for me, but if it gets some good word of mouth from fighting game fans, I'll consider playing it!

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
8ing..shit. That name fills me with nostalgia. I used fiend on their fighting games during my teenage years.

It's still a crime that Namco Bandai hasn't commissioned them to make a spiritual successor to the Naruto GNT game. Absolute waste of a license.

The moment Bamco got the exclusive license, I knew it was a wrap. We didn't know how good we had it with Tomy and 8ing til it was gone.

Yet another chapter of 8ing getting screwed when they were just giving us such good content!

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
ASW huh? Well I can at least keep my hope extremely low in term of them having decent online for this game. But it'll probably have a million season pass because ASW.

Soonri

Oct 25, 2017
Tentatively hype. With quality rollback, I may be in there.
Come on Type-moon, pay Arcsys for a 2D Fate FG.
They chasing all these F2P games and Fate ain't get shit smh.

I think the licensed fighter I want most (after a proper 2D Pokémon fighter) is a Fate fighting game by ASW and I doubt that's ever coming because it looks like Type Moon has super tight control over its IP. Yet somehow it seems more likely than P5A at this point lol.
Eighting was the developer behind Fate/unlimited codes. I'm sure they'd love a crack at making an FGO fighter but they just need the chance.

Nov 1, 2020
This is based off DFO right?
Correct, we in the west know it as Dungeon Fighter Online. People in Japan would know it as Arad Senki. And the original title's Dungeon and Fighter. Crazy how it's still raking it in back over in Korea and China. Especially China.

Ah, Fighter in a fighting game. The cycle is complete.
Hmm, if they stick to just 1 per base class, the roster size can go up to 15 or 16 I guess? Depending on if we distinguish Dark Knight from M Slayer. Otherwise 11 base classes have 4 sub classes each and 3 have 5.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Come on Type-moon, pay Arcsys for a 2D Fate FG.
Emphasis on getting payed by them, even Arcsys has stated to be interested in a fate fighting game. But first an oppertunity for a FGO collab has to arise and some people will rather want the Tsukihime remake to get one first. The Melty Blood lineage should get some representation if it happens just to not let an oppertunity go to waste. Gacha games got plenty of money and time to make this happen.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
I for one am excited about this game, despite not knowing about DFO until now. We get a new fighting game and 8ing is involved with it, so my interest is peaked.

Time to do some research on DFO to see what characters can possibly make it in

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Kind of interested in this one, it looks more a regular GG than their previous licensed games, and at least the character design is decent this time.

If Strive and Dungeon Fighters are released with small rosters and the gameplay is kind of simplified and more grounded (no more games based on airdash please) I'm willing to try both.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
What is the deal of turning card games and MMOs to fighting games? An RPG would be more fitting and easier to attract players of those genres

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno but making them "fleshed out" as it were seems to work, and ASW does properties proper as we've seen so!
The issue I can see with this is the potential redundant nature of this project with GBVS. I could easily see their pitch being the "make it accessible to those who don't play a lot of fighting games" thing again, although perhaps it'll be different in DNF's case because of how Dungeon Fighter seemingly plays like a fighting game already. Still, if it's cooldowns, no airdashes, and the "slower footsies" pace thing again, it'll be difficult for this to carve its own niche.

But this is ASW, who has historically done a good job of making FGs feel distinct from one another. It's just that modern ASW makes that a bit less certain.

Oct 25, 2017
If Strive and Dungeon Fighters are released with small rosters and the gameplay is kind of simplified and more grounded (no more games based on airdash please) I'm willing to try both.
Guilty Gear without airdashing is not Guilty Gear.

That being said, Strive definitely looks to be more streamlined than Xrd, so it might be worth a try.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
The issue I can see with this is the potential redundant nature of this project with GBVS. I could easily see their pitch being the "make it accessible to those who don't play a lot of fighting games" thing again, although perhaps it'll be different in DNF's case because of how Dungeon Fighter seemingly plays like a fighting game already. Still, if it's cooldowns, no airdashes, and the "slower footsies" pace thing again, it'll be difficult for this to carve its own niche.

But this is ASW, who has historically done a good job of making FGs feel distinct from one another. It's just that modern ASW makes that a bit less certain.

The goal of mine is another JoJo's Fighter since Capcom aint attempting to reup.

One step closer!

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Guilty Gear without airdashing is not Guilty Gear.
I know, and I have played a ton of the sprite-based GG games, but as I get older I'm getting kind of tired of these games with hard execution mechanics, and being airdash so powerful and useful in GG is something I don't like (basically I hate the double tap of a direction using the arcade stick, IDK if they have added a shortcut for the action in the latest games though).

I quite enjoyed Xrd and the sequel though, games look amazing and the cast is great, but the time needed to start having real fun with the game is too high IMO, so I'm excited about "simpler" or at least more grounded ArcSys games (didn't try the gacha fighter as I find the designs awful, but the mechanics are more in line with the gameplay I enjoy).

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017

In case it gets deleted:

It's a fighting game adaptation of the South Korean MMORPG Dungeon and Fighters made by Nexon, also had a Japanese anime a few years ago.

OP you need to add the most important part. This is Arc Sys + Neople + EIGHTING!

Eighting did Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Bloody Roar 3, Kamen Rider Climax Heroes, Fate Stay Unlimited Code and Bleach Heat the Soul!
We need to find out fast if this is Arc Sys graphics and Eighting everything else.

Last edited:

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I know, and I have played a ton of the sprite-based GG games, but as I get older I'm getting kind of tired of this games with hard execution mechanics, and being airdash so powerful and useful in GG is something I don't like (basically I hate the double tap of a direction using the arcade stick, IDK if they have added a shortcut for the action in the latest games though).

They added an option for air dashes in STRIVE by pressing a button + direction, it's mapped to left stick click by default but it can be changed.

GuiltyGearMech1.jpg

And the trailer of the new game looks like it has some sort of cancel, but who knows if it works like Roman/Rapid cancels of GG/BB or more like Sin's specials that cancel into each other by using his hunger meter.

Last edited:

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
They added an option for air dashes in STRIVE by pressing a button + direction, it's mapped to left trigger click by default but it can be changed.
That's great, I love how UNICLR has both a dash an assault button/s assigned (assault is a kind of air dash used in the game ) so it's nice to see that the new GG game will have the same option.