• If you have been following the news, you should be aware that the people of Lebanon have been under a violent bombardment that has recently escalated. Please consider donating to help them if you can or trying to spread word of the fundraiser.

Dot-N-Run

Oct 27, 2017
I'm using this game as a procrastination tool, slowly filling out each floor.

I'd be really interested to see speedruns of this game though, there must be some really interesting strategies you can take when you have full knowledge of where everything can be found.

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
This game is soooooooooo fun. The balance and tempo can be really weird. There was that stretch near the end where I felt really burned out, but after "finishing" it the first time, I'm fully motivated now to completely break the game and 100% all the floors, solve all the puzzles, and just destroy everything. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Mapping the 60s has been a bit of a nightmare but I'm still compelled to fill all the maps haha. It really does feel like a meaningful game element and fun in its own right, but my hand starts to hurt from moving around and nudging every direction for hidden tiles.

Nov 1, 2017
Mapping the 60s has been a bit of a nightmare but I'm still compelled to fill all the maps haha. It really does feel like a meaningful game element and fun in its own right, but my hand starts to hurt from moving around and nudging every direction for hidden tiles.
Well, keep at it and the game will eventually throw you a bone pretty soon, LOLs!

Love the pacing of this game, where each new tier of ability or weapon seems soooo much better than the previous, and then it ups the ante and your OP weapon is barely enough to get by.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to this thread and Raise.com, I ended up getting this on the PS5.

So far it's doing what I wanted: quick, filtered turn-based combat.

I want to try and discover most of the mechanics on my own, but what I'm immediately curious about is what I should do when my party reaches a point where combat is too hard and/or I need more equipment/magic. Do I try to book it back to the top floor for the shops, or keep pressing forward and rely on RNG?

I did find a Powder Gun, a Bastard Sword and a couple other items that deal tremendous damage, so that helped a bit. It was still a close call though, so I'm not sure if the idea is to go as far down as I can until the party wipes or what.

Nov 1, 2017
I want to try and discover most of the mechanics on my own, but what I'm immediately curious about is what I should do when my party reaches a point where combat is too hard and/or I need more equipment/magic. Do I try to book it back to the top floor for the shops, or keep pressing forward and rely on RNG?
That's one of the interesting aspects of this game in that there really are a number of things you can do to get ahead of the power curve.

1) Most basic is grinding. Not only for levels, but for gear, as all shop inventory is populated from killing monsters. Kill the strongest monsters you can handle.

2) Be thorough with your mapping and load up on navigation skills, making skirmishes to advanced floors. Discovering wandering warriors are another great way to leapfrog the power curve.

3) Solve the math and map puzzles. The rewards for all of these are genuinely really good.

When I played, it was a combination of all three depending how I'm feeling. There were some gnarly situations though, where I got in over my head and genuinely thought I was gonna have to abandon my party in the middle of nowhere. That feeling of stress was great!

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I just got a full game over and am legitimately confused.

Was on floor 36 (?) and my full health party got straight up one-shot. Okay, super annoying, but whatever. But then I got the full-on Game Over Screen with my options being "Retry with Last Expedition", "Retain Levels and Begin Anew" and Return to Title Screen. I'm very confused at this point as I'd only suffered one wipe before, and it just booted me back to the academy where I took one person and retrieved my team. I still had two other (starting default) people at the academy so???? I was confused so I selected Retry with Last Expedition and it started me at the Academy with the two defaults I'm positive were there (I've never put them in my party) along with another level 1 starter I had left on whatever random floor when she retrieved my full team on the one wipe previously so that makes no sense (this character was definitely NOT at the academy)? Additionally it seems to have put me at least some distance back as I no longer have the warp available to floor 29, but it also rolled my inventory back but wayyyyyyy farther back than that point, but then it did NOT roll my money back?

I'm incredibly confused. I've lost my entire Saturday of playing and full-clear of like 10 floors and like 20 floors of items for seemingly no reason and the limited rollback I did get seems really inconsistent and makes no sense, honestly wondering if I had some kind of weird bug.

Edit: Spent 45 minutes bumrushing to get my party members back as well as the Gastrophetes. Literally the next fight first turn an enemy used the ability that breaks a piece of equipment and they of course broke the Gastrophetes. Which was the one thing really helping me push forward due to getting saddled with -1,000,000 gold debt early on from the thief encounter (which I did not know about) so I haven't been able to buy anything at all and I've gotten jack shit for equipment drops from enemies. I think I'm done. How incredibly disappointing.

Last edited:

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Okay I just got a full game over and am legitimately confused.

Was on floor 36 (?) and my full health party got straight up one-shot. Okay, super annoying, but whatever. But then I got the full-on Game Over Screen with my options being "Retry with Last Expedition", "Retain Levels and Begin Anew" and Return to Title Screen. I'm very confused at this point as I'd only suffered one wipe before, and it just booted me back to the academy where I took one person and retrieved my team. I still had two other (starting default) people at the academy so???? I was confused so I selected Retry with Last Expedition and it started me at the Academy with the two defaults I'm positive were there (I've never put them in my party) along with another level 1 starter I had left on whatever random floor when she retrieved my full team on the one wipe previously so that makes no sense (this character was definitely NOT at the academy)? Additionally it seems to have put me at least some distance back as I no longer have the warp available to floor 29, but it also rolled my inventory back but wayyyyyyy farther back than that point, but then it did NOT roll my money back?

I'm incredibly confused. I've lost my entire Saturday of playing and full-clear of like 10 floors and like 20 floors of items for seemingly no reason and the limited rollback I did get seems really inconsistent and makes no sense, honestly wondering if I had some kind of weird bug.

Edit: Spent 45 minutes bumrushing to get my party members back as well as the Gastrophetes. Literally the next fight first turn an enemy used the ability that breaks a piece of equipment and they of course broke the Gastrophetes. Which was the one thing really helping me push forward due to getting saddled with -1,000,000 gold debt early on from the thief encounter (which I did not know about) so I haven't been able to buy anything at all and I've gotten jack shit for equipment drops from enemies. I think I'm done. How incredibly disappointing.
Yeah things can be brutal. It really does turn out that you need adventurers in the academy. There are even 2 on the 1st floor elsewhere not in the academy, for example, and their presence does not count. When I realized this I stopped everything and went with 1 party member to obtain the others I'd left around the map, poisoned, low level, etc and brought them home.

Unfortunate for sure, but in a nutshell: You did, somehow for sure, have no adventurers and when all of them are lost (meaning none at the academy) you game over. A game over means you can do two things: Return to the last time you were at the academy, or restart the entire game but with all your levels intact (meaning gear and mapping reset). In your case, you had lost quite a lot of progress yeah.

Sorry that the experience was sour! I totally get it & respect the choice, that's a lot of bad things happening in a pretty rapid pace, adding up to a not great time. <3

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah things can be brutal. It really does turn out that you need adventurers in the academy. There are even 2 on the 1st floor elsewhere not in the academy, for example, and their presence does not count. When I realized this I stopped everything and went with 1 party member to obtain the others I'd left around the map, poisoned, low level, etc and brought them home.

Unfortunate for sure, but in a nutshell: You did, somehow for sure, have no adventurers and when all of them are lost (meaning none at the academy) you game over. A game over means you can do two things: Return to the last time you were at the academy, or restart the entire game but with all your levels intact (meaning gear and mapping reset). In your case, you had lost quite a lot of progress yeah.

Sorry that the experience was sour! I totally get it & respect the choice, that's a lot of bad things happening in a pretty rapid pace, adding up to a not great time. <3

Yeah I guess the only thing I can think of is the other people at the Academy on 00 didn't count for some reason because I'd never actively put them in my party, but then I don't know why it defaulted to me having someone in my party there that I'd left on floor 25 or something on a previous recovery run?

Also I'd been back to the academy *frequently* since I was going back and wrapping up items/tiles/wanderers on all of the previous floors once I hit level 30, so it is 100% not the "last time" you were at the academy because it set me back to essentially the beginning of my ~8 hour play session in which I probably was back at the academy ~10 times. I'm pretty sure I died on 36 but when it started from last expedition it showed all of that party being dead on floor 26, so maybe it just sets you back an even 10 floors or something? It's 100% not the last time you were at the academy though, unless there's some sort of other qualifier.

But yeah, I was really loving this game, but I either force a hard reset to keep my levels and just start over or I lose ~8 hours of progress AND with no Gastrophetes which was the biggest thing carrying me since I was still unwillingly ~840k in debt and unable to purchase any items so equipment was a real struggle. One or the other I could deal with, but the combination of the two is really shit.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Yeah I guess the only thing I can think of is the other people at the Academy on 00 didn't count for some reason because I'd never actively put them in my party, but then I don't know why it defaulted to me having someone in my party there that I'd left on floor 25 or something on a previous recovery run?

Also I'd been back to the academy *frequently* since I was going back and wrapping up items/tiles/wanderers on all of the previous floors once I hit level 30, so it is 100% not the "last time" you were at the academy because it set me back to essentially the beginning of my ~8 hour play session in which I probably was back at the academy ~10 times. I'm pretty sure I died on 36 but when it started from last expedition it showed all of that party being dead on floor 26, so maybe it just sets you back an even 10 floors or something? It's 100% not the last time you were at the academy though, unless there's some sort of other qualifier.

But yeah, I was really loving this game, but I either force a hard reset to keep my levels and just start over or I lose ~8 hours of progress AND with no Gastrophetes which was the biggest thing carrying me since I was still unwillingly ~840k in debt and unable to purchase any items so equipment was a real struggle. One or the other I could deal with, but the combination of the two is really shit.
My guess is because they weren't left there at all, since it rolled to the last "Academy Save". I'm guessing three saves exist at all times:

-The auto-save that occurs constantly
-A save that occurs following a party wipe.
-A save that only occurs when you visit and/or change your party around.

So if it panned out that you went to the academy, grabbed that specific party member for that recovery run to floor 25, and that was the last time you went to the Academy that wasn't following your prior death, you'd end up back there. Like, basically you can't infinite-loop by losing a party, failing to recover and going back to the same point you were after losing that party, so you go to the prior save. Essentially, you were on save 1, wiped, went to save 2, wiped, and went to save 3 as save 3 was the last academy point prior to the wipe. However you've shown that's not the case per-se, and missing a qualifier makes the logic dubious enough for me to conclude it's not that. It's more likely as you said, going back 10 floors sound pretty possible. Though something else must go on with gear being lost. Not sure there.

Yeah I had to deliberately set time aside to grind because I realized my gear had fallen off, so I went through the mons and looked at items that looked great and farmed the mons. Punching zombies and mummies was a nice thing one of those times.

Nonetheless, yeah this game can absolutely be super brutal in like, every way. I'm still mentally preparing for my no fiends-scout run. That will be delayed by FH5 & Animal Crossing update, but I really look forward to the potential hundred hour run of doom.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm mostly annoyed in that I thought I fully understood the "rules", got one-shot by a new enemy, lost an entire day's of progress, and then lost the item that was really helping me get over being fucked but a double 500k gold steal lol. I only went from -980k to -840k in like 8 hours, brutal lol. If it'd reverted me back to before I'd got a million gold into debt I'd be much more willing to slog through again.

Just a ridiculous combination of things kind of all happening at once.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Yeah I'm mostly annoyed in that I thought I fully understood the "rules", got one-shot by a new enemy, lost an entire day's of progress, and then lost the item that was really helping me get over being fucked but a double 500k gold steal lol. I only went from -980k to -840k in like 8 hours, brutal lol. If it'd reverted me back to before I'd got a million gold into debt I'd be much more willing to slog through again.

Just a ridiculous combination of things kind of all happening at once.
Indeed <3

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Question: do the Map Riddles (X Marks the Spot) always take place on the same floor you find them?

I've been spending some time trying to find the X in Floor 11, but nothing seems to match the Map Riddle 2 that I found there.

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
The post-90 floors are really nonsense. I'm losing motivation again. It's just boring and stupid for many of these floors. T_T

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017
I finished playing through the game a few days ago. There's a little more poking around I could do, a few more riddles to answer and (particularly annoying) floors to clear, but I doubt I'll bother.

I enjoyed it a lot, which I didn't expect before this game came out. I haven't played anything from its subgenre of dedicated dungeon-crawling RPGs before. I enjoyed how tightly boiled-down it was. It's really a game about managing risk, with the skills and equipment you get allowing you to defend against various threats, gradually venturing further into the unknown. You can see what enemies might appear in an encounter, but not how many there will be, and based on that knowledge you can outfit yourself to best deal with them. The more you explore, the better you can defend yourself against dangerous status effects and such. It reminded me a bit of how people think about the difficulty in Demon's Souls in that being careful and observant compensates for a lot of the difficulty. Reading this thread was enough for me to fairly easily avoid most of the dangerous pitfalls I've seen others face. Yet there was still a threat that if I got too far ahead of myself or too careless, I could wind up in big trouble, as I almost did on a few occasions.

It's not that deep in terms of combat, and clearing a few of the riddles will allow you to break the game pretty hard more or less by design. Still, I found the focus on exploration, on looking through the dungeon and finding new things and getting abilities that allow you to really control when and where you enter combat the further you go in, to be an extremely satisfying and compulsive loop. I was surprised how often sessions would go hours longer than expected, as I went down just one more floor, to find just one more thing, over and over and over. Also, the math riddles are nuts and I love that about them.

I hope Hiroyuki Ito directs more games, whatever shape they may take.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
So I reckon this the OT huh
Anyway if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.
So one of them Death Gate enemies popped in at lvl 20 for me. Lvl 39 monster when I be lvl 27 wasn't fun so I tried to escape, didn't work and my party got banished. I've found all but one of them and I'm wondering how big the spread is? 3 of them I found around late 20 dungeon floor but I've made my way down to 40 and still no sign of my man Rwenzo. I needs him. Other than "wanderer Tracking" which is meeeh does there exist any other skills that can help me locate my missing boy?

stupid fun game to be so annoying… SMH

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So one of them Death Gate enemies popped in at lvl 20 for me. Lvl 39 monster when I be lvl 27 wasn't fun so I tried to escape, didn't work and my party got banished. I've found all but one of them and I'm wondering how big the spread is? 3 of them I found around late 20 dungeon floor but I've made my way down to 40 and still no sign of my man Rwenzo. I needs him. Other than "wanderer Tracking" which is meeeh does there exist any other skills that can help me locate my missing boy?

i just reached floor 90, fully charted every floor until there, and still don't have anything better than wanderer tracking for finding wanderers

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017

Wanderer tracking shows you the nearest character in three dimensions. It always tracks whoever is closest to you no matter what. So sometimes you can be equally distant from two potential wanderers. The distance is the sum of x y and z square counts from each wanderer. Meaning you can pretty easily figure out what floor your wanderer is on by going up a flight of stairs and seeing if you are closer or further away from the wanderer.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Wanderer tracking shows you the nearest character in three dimensions. It always tracks whoever is closest to you no matter what. So sometimes you can be equally distant from two potential wanderers. The distance is the sum of x y and z square counts from each wanderer. Meaning you can pretty easily figure out what floor your wanderer is on by going up a flight of stairs and seeing if you are closer or further away from the wanderer.

yeah I figured that out but I didn't figure out to use greater ascension. Finally got the homie back.
Thanks.

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
Interesting. I've had this sword for a while and haven't ever equipped it because I didn't quite understand what its stats were suggesting.

You might want to check it out, lol

Each battle it sets itself as a random number. This number is often in the 100k+ range. For that battle, it ALWAYS does that random number of damage.

Nov 1, 2017
You might want to check it out, lol
Your damage explanation is not quite right.
The damage equation for the Address blade is literally your current position. That is, your Floor * X * Y. So if you're at 99.99.99, the damage is 99 * 99 * 99 = 970299

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
I finished playing through the game a few days ago. There's a little more poking around I could do, a few more riddles to answer and (particularly annoying) floors to clear, but I doubt I'll bother.

I enjoyed it a lot, which I didn't expect before this game came out. I haven't played anything from its subgenre of dedicated dungeon-crawling RPGs before. I enjoyed how tightly boiled-down it was. It's really a game about managing risk, with the skills and equipment you get allowing you to defend against various threats, gradually venturing further into the unknown. You can see what enemies might appear in an encounter, but not how many there will be, and based on that knowledge you can outfit yourself to best deal with them. The more you explore, the better you can defend yourself against dangerous status effects and such. It reminded me a bit of how people think about the difficulty in Demon's Souls in that being careful and observant compensates for a lot of the difficulty. Reading this thread was enough for me to fairly easily avoid most of the dangerous pitfalls I've seen others face. Yet there was still a threat that if I got too far ahead of myself or too careless, I could wind up in big trouble, as I almost did on a few occasions.

It's not that deep in terms of combat, and clearing a few of the riddles will allow you to break the game pretty hard more or less by design. Still, I found the focus on exploration, on looking through the dungeon and finding new things and getting abilities that allow you to really control when and where you enter combat the further you go in, to be an extremely satisfying and compulsive loop. I was surprised how often sessions would go hours longer than expected, as I went down just one more floor, to find just one more thing, over and over and over. Also, the math riddles are nuts and I love that about them.

I hope Hiroyuki Ito directs more games, whatever shape they may take.

I think this pushed me over the edge to buy this.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Picked this up on Switch and have been slowly working my way down. Had a bit of a slowdown around floor 10 because I wiped and had to restart with a bunch of level 1 and 2 guys. Now I'm in the 20s and the seeing some slowdown on the map screen due to (I guess?) the sandstorm graphical effect on the map.

Wanderer tracking is kinda annoying since lesser ascension/descension just doesn't work a lot of the time. It's also annoying how you need to grab them with a party of 3 since you can't just send them back to base, unless I'm missing something. I definitely want to pick up wanderers as I reach them to avoid needing to level grind a rescue party again. The deeper I get, the worse that sounds.

Still, the game is oddly compelling from a mechanical standpoint. There's a lot of stuff to find and it's pretty easy to miss stuff. It's kind of surprising that there have been no bosses so far, but I'm still fairly early in the game judging from the floor count.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up on Switch and have been slowly working my way down. Had a bit of a slowdown around floor 10 because I wiped and had to restart with a bunch of level 1 and 2 guys. Now I'm in the 20s and the seeing some slowdown on the map screen due to (I guess?) the sandstorm graphical effect on the map.

Wanderer tracking is kinda annoying since lesser ascension/descension just doesn't work a lot of the time. It's also annoying how you need to grab them with a party of 3 since you can't just send them back to base, unless I'm missing something. I definitely want to pick up wanderers as I reach them to avoid needing to level grind a rescue party again. The deeper I get, the worse that sounds.

Still, the game is oddly compelling from a mechanical standpoint. There's a lot of stuff to find and it's pretty easy to miss stuff. It's kind of surprising that there have been no bosses so far, but I'm still fairly early in the game judging from the floor count.

No need to ever level a second party. With your abilities and the two-way transporters every floor that ends in 9, it should be fast and easy to reach your downed party with just 1 character.

If an encounter is blocking that character, and you don't want to waste an ability charge, you can just go up and down the stairs to re-randomize the encounter placements.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
productive session today. charted every tile in the 90s except for floor 99, which looks straightforward and have every enemy encounter fought except FB, FD and FF

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
Your damage explanation is not quite right.
The damage equation for the Address blade is literally your current position. That is, your Floor * X * Y. So if you're at 99.99.99, the damage is 99 * 99 * 99 = 970299

Holy heck, that is absolutely fantastic, and makes sense why it just obliterates the final boss

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
No need to ever level a second party. With your abilities and the two-way transporters every floor that ends in 9, it should be fast and easy to reach your downed party with just 1 character.
*cries in swallow/banish*
Just gave up and suddenly I had a second party at the same level before I found my old team.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
i was lucky enough to get a couple of extra address blades and with three characters with those + valtoro as healer tank i was able to win every optional fight. also explored everything and got the platinum. really good little game. while it was maybe a tiny bit too long, it's really cool how much they were able to do with such simple, elegant systems.

i really hope this game attracts some speed runners. i'd be really curious to see how fast it can be beaten with sequence breaking and skipping fights. i have a hunch it could be pretty damn fast

Last edited:

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
i was lucky enough to get a couple of extra address blades and with three characters with those + valtoro as tank i was able to win every optional fight. also explored everything and got the platinum. really good little game. while it was maybe a tiny bit too long, it's really cool how much they were able to do with such simple, elegant systems.

i really hope this game attracts some speed runners. i'd be really curious to see how fast it can be beaten with sequence breaking and skipping fights. i haven't a hunch it could be pretty damn fast
Yeah speed runs would be pretty interesting. I imagine this is what it would go like. Get descent, then greater descent, then teleport, then grab riddle gear, and then final boss.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any details on this game's development? I'm really interested to know team size/how long it was in development.

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
We have no such info other than credits (for workforce, but I'm not there yet), but I too would love to read a postmortem or something similar.

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
Yeah speed runs would be pretty interesting. I imagine this is what it would go like. Get descent, then greater descent, then teleport, then grab riddle gear, and then final boss.

I'd be SUPER down to watch a speedrun of this. I agree with your thought as well, the primary goal is rushing to get Teleport and then breaking the game open. It just becomes an incredibly specific puzzle of planning out exactly what you need at a minimum to beat the final boss.

Nov 1, 2017
Do we have any details on this game's development? I'm really interested to know team size/how long it was in development.

It might be surprising to see the number of people who worked on this game. This is just the "core" team here.

Director & Game Design
Hiroyuki Ito
Producer
Hiroaki Kato
Character Design
Ryoma Ito
Background Artist
Kiyoshi Arai (RED HOUSE Co., Ltd.)
Music Director
Nobuo Uematsu
A. / E. Guitar & Programming
Michio Okamiya
Project Managers
Hiroshi Ito
Shuhei Kimura
Cattle Call Inc.
Development Lead Planner
Takumi Sakaguti
Development Planner
Takafumi Akiyama
Lead Programmer
Kazuki Takei
Programmers
Toya Uchida
Hiroyuki Kito
Graphic Manager
Minoru Kosaka
Lead Graphic Designer
Ayumi Fujiyama
Graphic Designers
Rie Morishita
Misaki Shirakura
Takeomi Takeshita
Naoto Kimura
Yamato Takano
Kanako Takayama
Development Officer
Seiichi Ishii
Development Manager
Yoshihiro Yamamoto
Special Thanks
Chieko Kitamura

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I have a party that wipes on a floor, and I take another party to go retrieve them, what should I do afterward? I assumed it would be to take a party back to the Academy, since if I don't have a reserve team then it's Game Over if I die again.

But I couldn't figure out how to get a reserve team back to the Academy, since I have to swap them out with the team that I'm rescuing. No matter what, I've got party members stuck in one of the floors. The only way I could see in retrieving them is to go back down with just one party member, grab the others and head back up. Needless to say I died attempting this.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
If I have a party that wipes on a floor, and I take another party to go retrieve them, what should I do afterward? I assumed it would be to take a party back to the Academy, since if I don't have a reserve team then it's Game Over if I die again.

But I couldn't figure out how to get a reserve team back to the Academy, since I have to swap them out with the team that I'm rescuing. No matter what, I've got party members stuck in one of the floors. The only way I could see in retrieving them is to go back down with just one party member, grab the others and head back up. Needless to say I died attempting this.
Yeah you gotta retrieve them in incremental amounts or solo, either or. I did 3-party members for a few, for example.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Are there more speed up/QOL features later on? I'm on like floor... 27 and 11 hours in and it's getting a little exhausting. Not bad but the pace could do with hastening a little.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Are there more speed up/QOL features later on? I'm on like floor... 27 and 11 hours in and it's getting a little exhausting. Not bad but the pace could do with hastening a little.
You can max the speeds out at 4x for waking and combat, but outside of those you will get more and more tools to avoid combat and speed through the floors. The game really breaks open.

Nov 1, 2017
You can max the speeds out at 4x for waking and combat, but outside of those you will get more and more tools to avoid combat and speed through the floors. The game really breaks open.
You'll be given quality of life/dungeon navigation features up until the final floors of the game. By then, you can pretty much do whatever you want.
Of course, they do make you suffer through the gimmick floors a bit before giving you the tools to bypass. It's a balance between exhaustively exploring floors now, or doing it later when you have better tools. Of course, you're limited to what tools to take along if don't explore floors. Decisions decisions.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Made it to the 70s today. It's cool how the game keeps throwing new mechanics at you, but a lot of the combat feels "solved" by now. Guess I'll see what happens since I seem pretty close to the end of the shop trees despite only being ~2/3 of the way through the floors.

Also, is it possible to gain immunity to cavy status? It's the only one I'm still at risk to (and don't see a corresponding immunity ability for in the event log), and it's been quite a while since leaving behind the one-way teleporter route to the cure event back in the 40s. I saw some melusines in the 60s but luckily (?) they didn't cavy anyone…

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I may be done with the game. I just got teleport and when I tried to go back to floor 0, I hit the button too soon and missed the tile. Now, my group is Wandering. I've been using the same group the entire game and they have my best equipment. I'll never find them and I'm don't know if I want to start over again. I'm 15 hours into it already.