Status
Not open for further replies.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Highlight of the Halloween episode for me was the Della and Donald interactions. Love seeing their sibling dynamic, lol

That has been something that's somewhat bothered me since season 1 admittedly. I do appreciate how greatly written the story is, but I would like more Scrooge overall.
That said, I do suppose that while the show appeals to all ages, the kids are the most relatable for the primary audience, and I can't fault that -- since at least these aren't characters who speak down to its audience.

It is still a good show, a very good show in fact, but it's a weird decision since the original didn't sideline Scrooge McDuck. People loved that show. I'm also not saying they should sideline the kids either, but damn would I love to have more episodes focusing on Scrooge.

www.etonline.com

Stephanie Beatriz & James Monroe Iglehart in 'DuckTales': First Look

They guest star on a special Darkwing Duck episode of the animated series.

Wow, this episode is going to be an hour long!?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I almost hate that they're teasing the episode this early when it's still over a week away.

10abb1962604a1f310b7f27c3dae8f82c6b000dd.jpg

Drake, why do you have your cape tied around your ankles???

Still wondering if Launchpad is going to ship off to St. Carnard for good or will this side(kick) job just be a temp thing?

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I don't have too many demands for the Darkwing episode outside of hitting all of the obligatory nostalgia buttons and MAYBE including a surprise cameo of someone from DuckTales OTHER than Launchpad.

That said, I'm going to be utterly heartbroken if Gos doesn't drop at least one exclamation of "KEEN GEAR" at some point.
Gosalyn not saying "Keen Gear" is like Gizmoduck not saying "Blathering Blatherskite" or DW not saying "Let's Get Dangerous". It's that important.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
The Cable Forum has revealed new DuckTales episode titles for the month of November:

Monday, November 2
7:00pm DuckTales "The Split Sword of Swanstantine!"
The kids pair off to find the missing pieces of a mystical sword hidden throughout an Istanboar marketplace, unless F.O.W.L. gets to them first.

Monday, November 9
7:00pm DuckTales "New Gods on the Block!"

Monday, November 16
7:00pm DuckTales "The First Adventure!"

Monday, November 23
7:00pm DuckTales "The Fight for Castle McDuck!"

Monday, November 30
7:00pm DuckTales "How Santa Stole Christmas!"

Last edited:

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I don't have too many demands for the Darkwing episode outside of hitting all of the obligatory nostalgia buttons and MAYBE including a surprise cameo of someone from DuckTales OTHER than Launchpad.

That said, I'm going to be utterly heartbroken if Gos doesn't drop at least one exclamation of "KEEN GEAR" at some point.
Gosalyn not saying "Keen Gear" is like Gizmoduck not saying "Blathering Blatherskite" or DW not saying "Let's Get Dangerous". It's that important.
I would also accept "cool beans".

I could see them squeezing it in somewhere, like Gosalyn responding to new tech or something.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that a new episode premieres tomorrow on Disney XD and cable VOD.

Monday, Oct. 12
DuckTales "The Forbidden Fountain of the Foreverglades!"
(7:00-7:30 P.M. EDT)

Scrooge and Goldie O'Gilt are turned into teenagers as they race Rockerduck to the Fountain of Youth, while the boys' sibling rivalry uncovers danger at a spring break hotel.

*Nestor Carbonell ("Bates Motel") guest stars as a hotel owner. Allison Janney ("Mom") and John Hodgman ("Coraline") return as Goldie O'Gilt and Rockerduck, respectively.
EjlEPw0WsAALOla

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
not even waiting for this one to settle before teasing next week's big event

the fearsome five (minus negaduck) and taurus bulba? that's lot of villains even for a 1 hour episode. it's going to be huge

oh man i'm so hyped for this. when are they finally going to announce a full on spin off series?

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Fun episode, pretty gruesome end...

Did it bug anyone else that they deduced that the fountain fed the river and were trying to find the source but were following the river down stream?

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
They should just do the freakin' Darkwing Duck reboot already. Darkwing Duck already has several episodes focused on him. They're already set up some of his most famous enemies. Now he's getting a 1 hour special in a series he's not even the star of.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fun episode, pretty gruesome end...

Did it bug anyone else that they deduced that the fountain fed the river and were trying to find the source but were following the river down stream?
Absolutely bothered me, lol

Anywho, really liked the episode. I was happier than I thought I'd be to see Scrooge and Goldie finally get a happy resolution.

Also Louie's "Figured it out!" absolutely slayed me.

Sooo looking forward to Let's Get Dangerous.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
EDIT: gonna embed the video here

geeked out seeing the new Gos in her old style duds

www.cbr.com

INTERVIEW: DuckTales: Matt Youngberg & Francisco Angones on Fitting in Darkwing Duck

DuckTales EP Matt Youngberg and Co-EP Francisco Angones discussed what went into incorporating Darkwing Duck into the show's world.

If there was any doubt about how in good hands the character is, this interview will destroy any sign of doubt
"Cape Canaveral"? :P

C'mon man, do some research. Drake isn't going into space.... or is he?

Last edited:

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
Just caught up
Lena getting a power up was cool, liked the episode minus Gladstone but like others said I kinda hope that new look isn't permanent or that the blue eyes are toned down a bit. The outfit is mostly fine and fits her new magic color, but the eyes are so distracting. I liked the Penumbra episode and seeing how the moon people are doing on Earth as well. I'm getting a bit worried about the character clutter in this series since it feels like they often have a bit too much to balance (even if the expansive cast has always been a huge draw to the Duck universe), but this season has felt like it's handled them better overall minus Gladstone's unfitting appearance.

I'm really looking forward to the Darkwing episode. I've only seen a couple of reruns when I was young but I've always loved his design and amazing catchphrase. Seeing all those little references get pointed out just shows how important the character was to the team growing up. Always such a pleasant thing to see people who grew up on things get to actually be a part of writing them.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
I'm not a fan of gosalyn's voice. am i the only one? she sounds a little too old for a kid. it's a tough act to follow christine cavanaugh

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
For a show called Ducktales, there are lots of Darkwing Duck cameos in the series even in episodes not featuring Darkwing Duck.

Like the other episode where Webbie takes Penumbra to Hamburger Hippo.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
For a show called Ducktales, there are lots of Darkwing Duck cameos in the series even in episodes not featuring Darkwing Duck.

Like the other episode where Webbie takes Penumbra to Hamburger Hippo.
I would see your point it he was called Darkwing Dog, but I fail to see how having stories about Darkwing Duck isn't telling a tale about a duck :P

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Probably unnecessary reminder that a new, double-length episode premieres tomorrow night @ 7PM sharp and available all-day on DisneyNOW and cable VOD.

Monday, Oct. 19
DuckTales "Let's Get Dangerous!"
(7:00-8:00 P.M. EDT)

Darkwing gains an unlikely sidekick as he uncovers a dark conspiracy tied to the Missing Mysteries and one of Scrooge's employees.
EkaFXpoU4AALbO5

EkeV4I_WkAIbYlQ

EkeV5CTWkAA0MK-

EkeV5jTXEAIUnnE

EkeV6HWWAAIXJZS

EkeODKxWAAchWS9

EDIT: seems that individually, each half of the hour-long episode will have their own sub-episode title, but so far only the first half has been revealed via Zap2it.com:
- Part I: The St. Canardian Guardian!

Last edited:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Just to clarify, are the new Ducktales episodes available on DisneyNOW before the 7pm airing?
Yeah, they're usually updated at midnight PST, 3AM EST on the day of broadcast. That's why spoilers are all over the place in the early mornings. Some cable VOD services like Spectrum and Xfinity unlock new episodes even earlier, midnight EST / 9pm pacific. It's a weird quirk that only seems to apply to Disney offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.