• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone that's seen Season 3 has known the series was putting nicely wrapped bows on everything

-Lena and Magica got an ending chapter
-GoldiexScrooge got an ending chapter
-Penumbra got an ending chapter
-Gyro and Fenton's boss/employee relationship got an ending chapter
-Owlson and Glomgold have winded down
-Donald met Daisy, and Della's back home (as per the original two season outline)
-All the Darkwing and Launchpad build-up had its ending chapter
-The Greek Gods, BOYD and Doofus, Gladstone, Caballeros, Castle McDuck family all have had serviceable ending cameos too

There are only THREE unresolved plotlines heading into the final 6 episodes in early 2021(75 half hours so stop spreading the 65 episode hysteria):

-The final confrontation and disbanding of FOWL that will get to be Huey's big moment
-Revealing the secret Beakley has kept from Webby
-Gizmoduck and Gandra Dee's romance (and maybe paying off some of that depth they were giving Mark Beaks, but not a necessity)

I don't doubt that 25 more adventures could be pulled from the comic for a Season 4, but you have to remember from Disney's perspective this already was the bonus season that many fans are going to petition for

The biggest mystery is "who is the dad" though, even if the answer is inevitably "our real family is right here".

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I was sad about this originally, but I've come to peace with it.

I'm ok with a fairly tight show that doesn't overstay its welcome.

It was brilliant, bright, and gave me a lot of laughs... I (think) I can let it go.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Amphibia has been, and always been planned for just three seasons. They will tell the story they want, for the most part.

No idea about Owl House but I get the feeling Dana has no intention to stay on it for long. She's always been talking about wanting to do more mature content and that Owl House was more of a concession of what she actually wants to do. I really wouldn't be surprised if that one ends earlier than people anticipate like Gravity Falls- it features a lot of the same crew, after all.

They'll probably be in the last couple episodes. A episode description featuring a description that matches the TaleSpin characters was leaked.

...are you being serious with this? the prevailing industry opinion, from the people who work in it, is that they want to be working on less reboots and more original content. it sucks if you feel like the show was leading to more, but three seasons of a show is still two more seasons than a lot of other promising shows that were cut before their time.

So your argument is "A good thing is dead but that's ok because other good things died even earlier."

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Almost as if putting it on Disney XD was a stupid fucking idea. I know I'm not able to watch Season 3 because XD isn't included in my cable package. Gotta wait for it on Disney+ now. Same thing happened with Gravity Falls. I had to wait until it was available to watch elsewhere.
exactly. xd is impossible to get to unless you do cable...which is fucking dying.

what a shitty plan they had.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I dont understand. Every Era user was hailing this show as the best tv remake of all-time

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand why the hell Disney didn't put this show on Disney+ day and date with the releases. I specifically subscribed to Disney+ (alongside Mandalorian and of course the odd movie) to watch this show, and then they go and cancel it. Blargh.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Hell, I have cable, but I would need the premium package to get XD. Not worth it.
yep. i was using my parent's satellite to access the app (until they switched to Hulu Live TV) and the app sucked too! Hardly ever worked properly, loaded with ads, and crashed constantly. it's the same thing other network execs do to screw over shows they personally don't like: make it as inaccessible as possible, make the schedule as infrequent and random as possible, and then point to poor ratings.

who the fuck wanted this show to die?

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Almost as if putting it on Disney XD was a stupid fucking idea. I know I'm not able to watch Season 3 because XD isn't included in my cable package. Gotta wait for it on Disney+ now. Same thing happened with Gravity Falls. I had to wait until it was available to watch elsewhere.

it started on XD. Not sure why that's a bad thing. Gravity Falls was ended by its creator because that was the story they wanted to tell.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
yep. i was using my parent's satellite to access the app (until they switched to Hulu Live TV) and the app sucked too! Hardly ever worked properly, loaded with ads, and crashed constantly. it's the same thing other network execs do to screw over shows they personally don't like: make it as inaccessible as possible, make the schedule as infrequent and random as possible, and then point to poor ratings.

who the fuck wanted this show to die?

It's unfathomable to me that ANOTHER SHOW is being killed off by the same ratings-murdering "bomb" format as Steven Universe. It doesn't fucking work. Especially in DT's case where it's on a premium channel almost nobody fucking has.

Rlan

Oct 27, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
I'm interested to see if the 'Darkwing Duck' reboot is how they're effectively continuing on with the 'Ducktales' world while still keeping to the 52 episode order requirements. They've built the Disney Afternooniverse, they've done things like confirm Negaduck (who I doubt they'll bring back within the last few eps of Ducktales), can have Launchpad head to St. Canard, but have Darkwing deal with preestablished characters like Don Carnage and Beagle Boys while adding Morgana and new, non-TV world villians.

Crossing over occasionally with the Ducktales cast when necessary via Launchpad, Have Gizmoduck be the same character, etc. etc.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously, why do they keep pushing Disney XD. Parents/fans don't want to purchase that shit. Why can't they just make the show to push Disney +

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm interested to see if the 'Darkwing Duck' reboot is how they're effectively continuing on with the 'Ducktales' world while still keeping to the 52 episode order requirements. They've built the Disney Afternooniverse, they've done things like confirm Negaduck (who I doubt they'll bring back within the last few eps of Ducktales), can have Launchpad head to St. Canard, but have Darkwing deal with preestablished characters like Don Carnage and Beagle Boys while adding Morgana and new, non-TV world villians.

Crossing over occasionally with the Ducktales cast when necessary via Launchpad, Have Gizmoduck be the same character, etc. etc.
It's unconfirmed what it will be. Think it'll be something new with shades of improvements from ducktales(like the new voice actor), but honestly I want it to be its own thing otherwise it could suffer from Iron Man 2 syndrome

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
kids cartoons are ALWAYS about toy sales
They didn't even bother with the toy sales for this show.
They had a bunch primed for release that made their debut at the New York Toy Fair in 2019.
And then they never saw the light of day. Only the first batch of toys from PhatMojo in Season 1 received a release.

I was primed to fork out dough for Della Duck merch and then Disney never bothered to put any up for sale.

Looks like Disney cancels everything, except The Simpsons.
To be fair, The Simpsons has YET to be renewed since Disney took over the property.
As of right now only 21 episodes remain to air although a renewal is still expected sometime early in 2021.

Sinis

Nov 6, 2017
Just finished watching Season 2 a few days ago and totally loved it, even better than the original. I was waiting for season 3 to drop on Disney+ and now this happens, I only hope they give it good closure.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Literally finished season 2 today and googled to find out that s3 won't be on Disney plus anytime soon.... And I thought that was bad news. What the heck, season 2 was amazing. And I don't think I liked the original as much as a kid as I like the new one as an full grown adult. Fuck there goes my hope for Tailspin reboot .. My fav of the bunch.

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Disney XD should either turn into a retro channel or get chucked into an incinerator. It's killed way too many shows.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Literally finished season 2 today and googled to find out thst s3 won't be on Disney plus anytime soon.... And I thought that was bad news. What the heck, season 2 was amazing. And I don't think I liked the original as much as a kid as I like the new one as an full grown adult. Fuck there goes my hope for Tailspin reboot .. My fav of the bunch.
This was the poster for season 3 before it aired... it contains spoilers but in the form of a tease. You may want to focus in on the upper right
latest

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
wait... what.

we just finished all the Disney+ episodes, so we're a season behind, but... the show is incredible, and I thought wildly popular??

i understand nothing this year, NOTHING

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
well played wit Trends, I use it all the time too.

clearly the problem is Disney

Ducktales is a great show and should be being talked about more. Disney has one of the biggest media arms in the world, and yet they barely do anything to properly advertise their shows anymore. People complaining about disney xd is proof enough of that because even at the peak that channel barely reaches over a million people at once.

but at the end of the day it's a show that should be popular, but just isn't that popular :(
To be fair I know I originally ignored it because I didn't like the design at first as it looked more like teen titans go at first glance than ducktales (though obviously in reality it's quite a bit better than either of those animation wise as the show has really good animation at times)

Star vs. being around the same level or more than DuckTales even well after the terrible ending is pretty surprising.
it inspired me to do one more comparison.... originally I had Steven Universe as the last one but it uh... skewed the results as the finale was very very very popular

0jIKPQS.png

I think the main issue is that Ducktales actually has a pretty good following with people ages 25-45 or so, and that the network doesn't care about them. Heck it wouldn't be the first time a cartoon was cancelled for hitting the wrong demographic.

Also you might notice that ducktales is the only one I'm doing just as a term while the others are listed as a show, and that's because ducktales has a significant drop when I do it as the show, but I can't think of any other reason people would be searching ducktales in 2020 aside from the current show.

Murtio Foo

Jan 28, 2018
Too bad they didn't let them make it to 100 episodes. Really great show, now I wait for Darkwing...

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
I'm only a couple episodes in, but i hope they find a good way to end it.