• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sooooo I love DS4Windows I used it with my DS4 and now my dualsense when playing non steam games.
Rychocan has been the active dev for years now

I noticed this line in the changelog today:
Removed Parler link from About window for now. RIP Parler
I gave that a side eye.

I then went to the twitter for it ( https://twitter.com/ds4windows ) and saw a ton of disclose.tv retweets and some great retweets such as this:

ugh. tweeting on the official twitter not even his own

Anyways I figure now is a good time to stop using DS4windows and found GloSC a utility that lets you set a profile for Steam Input to use with any game without needing to add the game as non steam game.

Tested with AC Vahala and works flawlessly.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I installed paw patrol and used the DS4 with steam, steam seems to have its own software? I remember a while back you couldn' tuse the ds4..

Am I using fascist drivers?

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
thanks for suggesting GSC. Steam usually messes with controllers if its running so might as well just let it work.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
looks like yet another reason to not install unnecessary crapware and just use steam input

PieOMy

Nov 15, 2018
Boston
GloSC would have been useful when I was on vacation with my laptop and Nintendo pro controller. It was a pain getting it to emulate as a 360 controller outside of steam.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
saw that earlier and was really disappointed. wont stop using the software tho. GloSC is cool, but i don't want everything to be added on steam, ex: epic games. hopefully something akin to DS4windows is developed so i can drop it.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Tip-off, GLoSC can have some problems where it doesn't die when the game does, so things get locked up. You need to go to task manager and kill either GLoSC or the Steam overlay in those instances (I can't remember which, sorry.)

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I stopped using D4W back after the last dev stoppe and Steam picked up the slack. I use Steam + GloSC (Gamepass) for my general DS4 needs.

It's weird that he's using the official twitter account for personal reasons.

Last edited:

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't used it much since Steam started supporting the DS4. I think the only time I used it after that was ESO which supports Xbox controller. Not sure if they ever added native support for DS4.

Edit: Oh wow, I tried to uninstall DS4windows only to find out I didn't even have it on this laptop which I got Black Friday 2019. So I really haven't used it in a long time.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
im confused about this GloSC, will it work with a snes emulator
Yes it will.
However, you could also just add the emulator directly using Steam instead, I think it would be simpler.

Epic games also work by adding them as custom via Steam's interface, as they are just EXE files and not Windows 10's UWP

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
A bit confused... I'm using my DS4 with genshin impact and GoG games since forever and I have never added them to steam, I assume gamepass games work too. Game pass games work as well.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
now that i think about it, it's even worse. DS4windows is basically the only real option for Gyro on emulators like Cemu ....urgh, why are you the way you are, ryochan....

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
There is zero reason to use ds4windows... just use steam. Non steam game? Load it through steam anyways.

Yes. There is a way to do it with gamepass games as well.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Posted a question about this on the Sub reddit lets see how fast it gets deleted may tell us more.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I can set Steam Input desktop config to gamepad to play games and emulators I can't add to Steam on Linux, but I'm not sure if that works on Windows.

yellowfury

Oct 27, 2017
I just did a quick search. If you look at his (not updated) personal twitter it's pretty clear he's been a trumper since the beginning.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Dammit, Now I gotta switch all of my shit over to Steam input.

edit: Since this is just a fork of the original, can someone fork it again kthnx?

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Yet another reason why EGS is trash, because on games that use EGS DRM you can't really use steam input.

OP
OP
Dan L

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
?? I'm pretty sure I've used EGS games through steam no problem.
Some work fine launching from the executable - but some won't launch unless launched directly from EGS.

There are also ways to add UWP apps to steam - but the tools I have found have been flaky and not reliable with issues.

Ideally steam input would add a global mode that would just work with any game launched. Like the desktop profile but actually applied to games launched from desktop or via whatever means.

Steam Input is great just adding games to steam to use it can be troublesome as well.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Some work fine launching from the executable - but some won't launch unless launched directly from EGS.

There are also ways to add UWP apps to steam - but the tools I have found have been flaky and not reliable with issues.

Ideally steam input would add a global mode that would just work with any game launched. Like the desktop profile but actually applied to games launched from desktop or via whatever means.

Steam Input is great just adding games to steam to use it can be troublesome as well.
so far, it seems reWASD could be a good substitute, tho it's paid.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018

I know we're talking DS4 here, but just to throw this out there, BetterJoy for Switch controllers, including pro, works on a more global scale and isn't too difficult to use, although it sometimes does not play nicely with steam being open unfortunately.

OP
OP
Dan L

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
so far, it seems reWASD could be a good substitute, tho it's paid.
Thanks for the recommendation - I will check it out - If something works well I def don't mind paying for it!

I know we're talking DS4 here, but just to throw this out there, BetterJoy for Switch controllers, including pro, works on a more global scale and isn't too difficult to use, although it sometimes does not play nicely with steam being open unfortunately.
Good to know - I will check it out with my pro controller. Thanks!

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I haven't used DS4Windows ever since Steam added DS4 support. I didn't even bother to install it on my new PC that I built last year. And now I definitely never will.