• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
So glad all that extra content is no longer locked to the Switch. I've been avoiding playing it because I didn't want to deal with the resolution downgrade over the other versions. Delighted that I get to play it the way I want to now, and that there can now actually be a Definitive Edition in reality rather than in name only.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I so can't wait to see how the pricing will work. Luckily I never bought it on PS4.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this is an amazing game btw, truly a masterpiece. i hope you guys join us in the OT when it comes out (i'll ask for it to be brought to main gaming forum from hangouts).

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember guys..

WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY MAXIMA Upgrade DLC

Upgrade your gameplay experience with WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY MAXIMA UpgradebrbrExpanding the horizons of FINAL FANTASYbrA tale of many encounters and the birth of a new worldbrbrOriginally released in October 2016, WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY has just been powered up and reborn as WORLD OF FINAL...
store.steampowered.com

WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY® MAXIMA Upgrade on Steam

WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY has just become bigger and better than ever! New characters from FINAL FANTASY lore (Champions) and monsters (Mirages) add even more fun and excitement to this unique adventure.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
The S is for Switch though.

I demand these versions be called Dragon Quest XI X and Dragon Quest XI P.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I am more mad that they are charging for it on Steam and PS4 or that I will most definitely buy it

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It's a real bummer how Square Enix handled this game. The S version content should have been DLC for the other versions day 1 preferably. Hopefully this isn't a seperate full priced release. Otherwise XI is one of the best JRPGs this generation and worth experiencing.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It's a real bummer how Square Enix handled this game. The S version content should have been DLC for the other versions day 1 preferably. Hopefully this isn't a seperate full priced release. Otherwise XI is one of the best JRPGs this generation and worth experiencing.
Obviously Nintendo paid for one year exclusive.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Remember guys..

WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY MAXIMA Upgrade DLC

Upgrade your gameplay experience with WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY MAXIMA UpgradebrbrExpanding the horizons of FINAL FANTASYbrA tale of many encounters and the birth of a new worldbrbrOriginally released in October 2016, WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY has just been powered up and reborn as WORLD OF FINAL...
store.steampowered.com

WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY® MAXIMA Upgrade on Steam

WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY has just become bigger and better than ever! New characters from FINAL FANTASY lore (Champions) and monsters (Mirages) add even more fun and excitement to this unique adventure.

That's pretty much all I want as an option for the PS4 Version. give an option to upgrade it.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Given that the original assets were hi res, why would you assume this lol.

It's the other way around. The high res assets were scaled down for the Switch.
I know the Switch version used scaled down assets, but some bits in the trailer reminded me more of how the Switch version looked than the PS4 version. One example I remember is the protag's hair having a bit of a different color/sheen on Switch compared to PS4, but in the Xbox trailer the hair might be closer to how it looks in the Switch version. I could easily be misremembering though.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I will double dip on the PS4 version but will be playing on PS5. Should have been a PS5 version as well.

Oct 26, 2017
Is there an upgrade path for those who own this elsewhere? Because, if I could just get it cheap on PS4 and just pay extra for the S content, I'll just do that. That and, well, it would be pretty shitty to make people who brought the original basically rebuy the game for these extras

Ill be playing on PC. This means we can edit the music out.
But this version has the orchestrated soundtrack...unless you mean you wanna put in an entirely different one

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I have it on Switch, but would really like to play it on the PS4.

Thought I don't see myself buying it at full price unless there's a cool special edition.

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I guess I'll stop my current play through. Would much rather play it with the upgraded visuals. This'll be a nice pick up for PS5.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Well of course this happens the same month I give in & buy a copy for PS4. Really hope they do what they did with World of Final Fantasy & offer the upgrade as DLC.

Techno