• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you go to the 2D worlds in DQXIS after having done the first one? I got a few more unlocked but I don't get how you come back to them.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about 9 hours in so far and loving it. I was getting a bit frustrated with the forge though. I could never find enough materials to actually do much with it so I was struggling for gear upgrades.

Then I notice the buy materials button right in front of my face 🤦

I need to level up my focus a bit but even crafting fails for the newer stuff is better than my enhanced older stuff anyway. Amazing game to be playing on my Switch.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Fun forge is the best at being intuitive while having a small amount of depth. Beats the degree required to understand Xenoblade's

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like how you go into an alternate dimension when using the forge anywhere. I get why it's like that but it's funny

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
How does one trigger the crossbow quest? I got the crossbow and I talked to Bo but he just talks about his love of crossbows. I triggered the quest on PC but I can't recall how I did it. Any help is appreciated.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't realize that shifting back to 3D from 2D would make you start the entire chapter over. <_<

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
They took out a whole quest? Did they give any reason why?
Probably because you wouldn't be able to do it in 2D mode and they need to make the item distribution between the two modes roughly similar. The crossbow quest wasn't in the 3DS version at all.

The Tockington rewards should make up for it.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
Having played 3D I will say this about 2D... you are definitely losing a lot of the game. A lot of character work, interactions, cut scenes, world building just isn't there. The 2D game is really great and done really well (I would love to have seen the monsters animated in battle) and it plays much faster as it effectively shrinks the world down so for me its ideal to get back to my previous furthest progress point on the PS4 but its definitely obvious that it wasn't a game crafted solely to be 2D.

The ideal way would be playing through both versions or switching every other chapter I guess.
Yeah, this game is absolutely delightful in 3D. I'm going to use 2D mode as a second play through mode.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hm, does the game have more shortcuts like the quickheal one (press X then Y) it doesn't really tell about?

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
I think I'm at 9 hours now in 2D and I'm at Octogonia already. 2D mode is insanely fast

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
How do monsters decide which character to attack in this game? I heard it's based on your character order. Are there any other factors? Is there aggro of any kind?

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
Man I just hit Gondolia at the 15 hour mark..loving this game...I feel like I'm going to fast, someone talk me down and tell me I have plenty of game left haha

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
What do you mean by changing the Overworld music? What's the recommended setting for a Dragon Quest first-timer?
It lets you switch from XI's to VIII's overworld theme.

XI's feels like a triumphant march, VIII's is very sweeping and serene. Many people seem to dislike XI's, but it's really up to you.

VIII's is great for sure - I'm using it now - but XI's heroic anthem fits the vibe of XI's story more, IMO.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to quickly load a game on the switch version? Trying to get maximum seed attributes but closing the game and restarting each time takes a while.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
I like to fight around and I got to maybe level 8 or 9, heading to retrieve the thing Erik lost and I feel so OP, steamrolling everyone, and starting to worry after 6 hours of playtime that I messed up not enabling strong monsters but I didn't wanna cause Tim said to just play it normal... is there a spike in difficulty at any point that is gonna result in enemies actually giving me a run for my money?

Last edited:

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
It lets you switch from XI's to VIII's overworld theme.

XI's feels like a triumphant march, VIII's is very sweeping and serene. Many people seem to dislike XI's, but it's really up to you.

VIII's is great for sure - I'm using it now - but XI's heroic anthem fits the vibe of XI's story more, IMO.
I agree with you here. I LOVE VIII's overworld theme, but it really doesn't fit XI that well. I'm only switching between overoworld themes every now and then cause I already spent 90+ hours with the PS4 version and want to spice things up a bit.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I like to fight around and I got to maybe level 8 or 9, heading to retrieve the thing Erik lost and I feel so OP, steamrolling everyone, and starting to worry after 6 hours of playtime that I messed up not enabling strong monsters but I didn't wanna cause Tim said to just play it normal... is there a spike in difficulty at any point that is gonna result in enemies actually giving me a run for my money?
Without it enabled there is a boss here and there in the first arc that is tough but a general increase in difficulty doesn't happen until the 2nd arc.

For the most part though from the beginning of the game until the first dungeon you really don't need to think about fighting monsters or equipment at all. At worst though you just have a bit of a head start.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
you mean doing the 2d-3d trick of getting seeds? you dont need to close the game down for that (if thats what you're doing)

Nah, I mean like seeds have ranges (ie 1-3), so I want the 3. If I get 1/2, I close the entire game, load and try again, which takes a while. So I was wondering if there was any soft reset option or the like.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Is most of the new content added on to the end of the game? I got fairly far into Act 2 on PS4. Just wondering if there's anything new for people going through the beginning and midpoint of the game again.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Is most of the new content added on to the end of the game? I got fairly far into Act 2 on PS4. Just wondering if there's anything new for people going through the beginning and midpoint of the game again.
Aside from 2D mode, a new set of quests was added just before Gallopolis and
new side stories starring the party members are before Act 2 starts.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
Without it enabled there is a boss here and there in the first arc that is tough but a general increase in difficulty doesn't happen until the 2nd arc.

For the most part though from the beginning of the game until the first dungeon you really don't need to think about fighting monsters or equipment at all. At worst though you just have a bit of a head start.
That is good to hear, thank you!

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I played the demo, loved it. Will purchase the full Switch game. But my question is should I go physical or digital? I thought I remember reading there is additional slow down with the physical version, with how the Switch stores the memory for the physical. Where with the digital you don't run into that.

But I may be thinking of a different game.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England

It's all integrated pretty nicely. Tickington and the old Dragon Quest world visits open up fairly early on, and

four of the solo stories are set at the beginning of Act 2, each is about an hour long.