• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Okay so I'm up to the Kingsbarrow in the demo, can someone give an estimate of how much is left? I might just give in and switch to the full version if I'm only like halfway or something.

kotowaru

Jan 14, 2018
Just took a break for lunch to go pick up my copy.

You're a great person in my book. :)

W8UpAjh.gif

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I heard people claim that you can use the forge anywhere in this version. How, exactly? I don't see an option for it in the menu.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
How do you get back to Tockington after visiting it the first time?

EDIT: Nevermind, you cast Zoom. Duh.

Last edited:

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, Heliodor's night theme is legit nice. So far, the soundtrack is pretty hit or miss for me.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I'm worried about the sales of this game.
I want it to do well.

This thread isn't moving much. Is it a bad sign.
Yeah a lot of people I'm friends with and stuff are stuck at work right now. Picking up our copies after work and we'll be jumping in. Surprisingly enough the demo sold my coworker on it too so it's nice to have someone that's not usually a RPG fan jumping in too.

Wolf Parade

Feb 1, 2018
Lifelong Dragon Quest fan here, DQ1 was the first video game I truly fell in love with - thanks Nintendo Power! 30 years later I am here to say please play this magical game. I own it on PS4 and will be buying it again on Switch to play with enhancements and for portability factor. Perfect commuting game to brighten the day as the Autumn leaves start to fall here in Canada :)

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just received my copy. Who the hell knows when I'll get to play it though. I still haven't opened Link's Awakening lol

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Game is perfect for portable, played the demo and had a blast. I'll get this version even though I already have the PC and PS4 versions. This series needs the love.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do you actually need to clear the demo to get the skill seed, or is having a save enough?

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I don't really get the inclusion of the 2D mode. Like, it's cool to fool around with for five minutes, but is anyone actually going to play 100 hours in 2D mode when the game looks so good in 3D?

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really get the inclusion of the 2D mode. Like, it's cool to fool around with for five minutes, but is anyone actually going to play 100 hours in 2D mode when the game looks so good in 3D?
I already played the PS4 version and I just bought the Switch version. I'm definitely gonna play it in 2D this time; it's the main reason for me to double-dip, more so than the new stuff.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't get over how amazing the presentation of this game is. The models, materials, animations, dialogue, everything is just absolutely top notch. I demand every DQ game ever made is completely remade in this style.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Question about some early Gallopolis stuff, spoilered just in case.
Can you win the first race where you impersonate the prince? Rionaldo was way too fast in that race and i never got better than 2nd place the whole race.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Does the Champion Pack DLC contain any "cheat" DLC? Tales games and YS VIII had stuff like this where it broke the game at the start.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I named my guy Prince. Just to learn later he's a prince. Prince Prince. God dammit.

2nd time this happened to me. First time I named him Hendrix and learned another major character's name is Hendrick. I just wanted to name my character after musical artists that are closely related to the color purple, since the hero wears purple. Oh well. Too far in to start over a second time.

Oct 25, 2017

The game is way, way faster and quicker in 2D mode, which really helps with the game's pacing and repetition.

Also, the "airship" in 3D mode is a goddamn disgrace to DQ flying modes.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I will get the game on monday and want to restart the demo again.
While playing the demo for the first time (also first DQ game) it was a little bit easy.
Which draconian modifiers should I turn on to have a nice challenging game?

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Question about some early Gallopolis stuff, spoilered just in case.
Can you win the first race where you impersonate the prince? Rionaldo was way too fast in that race and i never got better than 2nd place the whole race.

Yes, I won it. You just keep Gallop pinned the whole time and hit all the whirlwinds to recover it, you should be able to win easily. As far as I know it doesn't make any difference.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I will get the game on monday and want to restart the demo again.
While playing the demo for the first time (also first DQ game) it was a little bit easy.
Which draconian modifiers should I turn on to have a nice challenging game?

Stronger enemies, first and foremost. Others are to individual taste.

Can always turn ones you dislike off, but you can't toggle any on after starting the game.