• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

Beginning of the game, up to 10h that can be carried on the full game, releasing December 4 on PS4, XB1 and PC.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
At least this one is on Gamepass PC and i'm not gonna pay the Square Enix tax to play the "inferior" looking version.

Already bought the game at launch 3 years ago.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Wait a minute...no Windows 10 version? Kinda sucks for those planning to play on Game Pass for PC.

FK_O2

May 8, 2020
Despite the visual downgrades, this is the best version of the game. Glad is on gamepass so more people get to play this

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Would have preferred they just release the Orchestral music for OG versions. Pass from me, though having completed 100% of it, it was gonna be a tough sell either way.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
It's much more than just better music though.

Oh, I know that, but I'm just interested in the music. Some of the additional content is cool, but I'm not interested in the 2D mode, and the content that's there doesn't really sell me on spending another $40+ on the game. I just wanted to spend like $10 for the music "upgrade".

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Ooh let's see how it looks then

This version is the one to play in any case, get on it!

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
So just the same as the Switch demo.

I can't remember, did the Switch demo gain you an item for completing the demo? If it did, does this do the same?

Ilagee

Nov 4, 2017
Going to sell my Switch version and restart the game on Game Pass if it is 60 fps and not blurry.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fascinated as to how this looks. Essentially an upscaled downscale.

Not up yet on UK PSN in any case.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Is it bad that the only reason I want to download this demo is to check out how graphically inferior it is to the original version?

Well, that and to experience the game without the truly godawful soundtrack I suppose.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Considering all the features the switch version got, I'm okay with the graphics on this one. I'll be playing the demo for sure.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Torn between just sticking to the Switch version(which I barely played) or upgrading to either PC or PS4(PS5 BC).

Ultrawide support may clinch it for PC, but if the assets are rough, may just save cash and stick to Switch.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
If I buy this it will be for the 2D mode, the game didn't need more content and I can live without the QoL changes for the sake of worse graphics. DQ 8 field music would be nice though...

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Played the OG on PS4 and the Switch version for 200 hours. Looking forward to see how well it runs. I don't mind the graphical downgrade; but 4k 60 would be nice.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Though I really would have liked to play it on PS4, I still haven't bought this game due to all the inane differences between the versions. No orchestral music, and now a port of a port? Why.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Oh, I know that, but I'm just interested in the music. Some of the additional content is cool, but I'm not interested in the 2D mode, and the content that's there doesn't really sell me on spending another $40+ on the game. I just wanted to spend like $10 for the music "upgrade".
Even in orchestral mode the music is truly awful. Personally don't think it's worth the extra $10.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well it'd be nice to get a head start on this because I intend to continue with the GamePass version.
Demo's available on Windows10 too. So you should be fine.
www.microsoft.com

Get DRAGON QUEST® XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age™ - Definitive Edition DEMO - Microsoft Store

This demo will give you a generous glimpse of the opening events in the epic adventure that awaits you in DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition.