• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
If I liked Naruto Rise of a Ninja, will I enjoy this? I'm getting similiar vibes in terms of structure.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If I liked Naruto Rise of a Ninja, will I enjoy this? I'm getting similiar vibes in terms of structure.
That's exactly what this game feels like. Broken Bonds and Rise of a Ninja felt like the closest thing to a AAA Naruto game, and this is the same for DBZ imo. Large world, plenty of minigames and side activities, simple but deep combat, it's all here.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
There were supposedly handling some filler content, but some of it was omitted. I know stuff like Goku and Piccolo getting their driver's license was included but the Snake Way stuff wasn't.

Case in point Goku meeting Princess Snake and falling off Snake Way meeting Goz and Mez was all filler that never occured in the Manga. I guess that might be one reason why the Snake Way portion for the game wasn't included as almost all character reaction and events that occured from Goku's travel along Snake Way was entirely filler.

Now Goku training at King Kai's planet is another matter entirely and would have been nice to have.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
That's exactly what this game feels like. Broken Bonds and Rise of a Ninja felt like the closest thing to a AAA Naruto game, and this is the same for DBZ imo. Large world, plenty of minigames and side activities, simple but deep combat, it's all here.
Good to know. I quite liked those games, so I'm totally down for a similar experience but in the DBZ universe.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Going off the ACG review, I might wait until they at least patch some of the bugs. It'll be fun to try eventually tho.

Other questions though which reviews haven't quite made clear. Are you required to level up to a certain degree to defeat the big bads for each season/arc? Does it tell you a suggested level to beat them? Like can you defeat enemies/bosses purely by skill, perfect dodging, memorizing how they attack, etc. without relying on items. Because it seems like collecting orbs to unlock moves and at least doing some side quests is essential.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
So I finished the Sayian arc last night just under 7 hours of playing time. So far the game is fun and flying around the environment kind of took time getting used to. I think they did a good job world building from what they had to work with.

The game is easy so much easier than Xenoverse game, I didn't even bother with the community board or cooking for food stats. I never died or used any healing item till I fought Vegeta when I died like 4 times and decided to use an item.

I'm about to jump back in but is there any community board that's better than the rest? Which one should I focus on more?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Going off the ACG review, I might wait until they at least patch some of the bugs. It'll be fun to try eventually tho.

Other questions though which reviews haven't quite made clear. Are you required to level up to a certain degree to defeat the big bads for each season/arc? Does it tell you a suggested level to beat them? Like can you defeat enemies/bosses purely by skill, perfect dodging, memorizing how they attack, etc. without relying on items. Because it seems like collecting orbs to unlock moves and at least doing some side quests is essential.
Not really. As long as you're within 5 or so levels of the bosses you'll be fine. At worst you can use meals and proper items if you don't feel like participating in the side content. The main story makes it easy to stay around the recommended level.

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, combat sucks. I hate being thrown around everywhere while enemies just ignore my attacks and just stay there when they should be knocked away or against the floor or staggered.

They just ignore the attacks a lot of times and its been getting worse the further I get in the game.

Also enemies spam like hell. Feels cheap.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Yeah, combat sucks. I hate being thrown around everywhere while enemies just ignore my attacks and just stay there when they should be knocked away or against the floor or staggered.

They just ignore the attacks a lot of times and its been getting worse the further I get in the game.

Also enemies spam like hell. Feels cheap.

If you're talking about when the enemy is red you're not supposed to be hitting them while they are doing that. Either blocking (to maybe teleport) or being far away. Other than that the enemy never "ignores my attacks".

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
If you're talking about when the enemy is red you're not supposed to be hitting them while they are doing that. Either blocking (to maybe teleport) or being far away. Other than that the enemy never "ignores my attacks".
Not only when they are red. If they turn red I just fly away and use energy beams or kill blasts or I just wait and dodge/block.

Using a meteor strike against some of them will not work always and they will just sit there.

OP
OP
Rika

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I am also at the Android Saga, and it just feels like they're adding a bunch of padded stuff/filler almost like the anime filler in a way. I kinda like it though

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
So in the area were Gohan trains before the Sayans arrive, there are these footprints that leads to Pilfa and his gang and a giant dinosaur sleeping inside the big tree. Does something happen there? I'm checking every time but nothing changes.

I'm loving this game, so many beautiful nods.

Oct 25, 2017
So I finished the Sayian arc last night just under 7 hours of playing time. So far the game is fun and flying around the environment kind of took time getting used to. I think they did a good job world building from what they had to work with.

The game is easy so much easier than Xenoverse game, I didn't even bother with the community board or cooking for food stats. I never died or used any healing item till I fought Vegeta when I died like 4 times and decided to use an item.

I'm about to jump back in but is there any community board that's better than the rest? Which one should I focus on more?
King kai and master Roshi for me. King kai gives exp boost and roshi gets you item sells and discounts followed by gokus next

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The cutscenes being locked on PC at 30 frames is a massive disappoinment, actually a deal breaker for me. This might be insignificant or not distracting for many but going from 60fps gameplay to 30fps cutscenes in a second is bad IMO.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The cutscenes being locked on PC at 30 frames is a massive disappoinment, actually a deal breaker for me. This might be insignificant or not distracting for many but going from 60fps gameplay to 30fps cutscenes in a second is bad IMO.
I barely notice it tbh, since I'm not in control.

I wouldn't use that .CT if I was you, 144 fps to 30 is a lot more noticeable lol

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I stand by this feeling like a Dragon Ball theme park. It's a really simple thing but it's just nice to just fly around and see stuff like Goku's childhood house and where it could be in relation to Yamcha's old hideout etc... Brings a smile to my face and makes me want to rewatch old DB.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Anyone know the best places to train? Also, Anyone thinks we'll get Dragon Ball Super content? If this game had Super content this could actually be well worth buying the game.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Just got to controlling Vegeta for the first time, so I guess that lightning kicks move Vegeta spams in his boss fight is a boss only move? Lame.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
ugh just started Namek and after the first segment (where Vegeta kills Cui) the game stayed on a black screen and I had to force close :/ (playing on PS4)

edit: autosave kicked in right before this at least

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Do the skill trees unlock later? I just beat Raditz and can't figure out where they are yet.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
The collectible cards are a really neat touch and really show the attention to detail this team had. I literally used to collect these same exact cards as a kid from a local comic book store that had a bunch of Japanese imported goods.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I find it weird you cant sense ANY power level from humans.... I mean after a couple thousand absorptions, cell was clearly getting stronger. A power level of 5 should appear as SOMETHING I think.

On another note, it is hilarious that child gohan's power level is so much bigger than krillin's pre-raditz. It's like this huge red fireball when you start using sense.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
So about communities and gifts...is it a good idea to just give the gifts to the leaders of each community that match their stats? Like say give Chi-Chi all the cooking gifts

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How do you know what the community bonuses do? ..or is that just a name of the bonus? Still don't quite get what they do though.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
I'll probably never play this game, but that opening movie trailer was one of the best things I've seen.