• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm still confused. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I get everything except present timeline Zamasu becoming Black. What does Beerus killing him breaking the time loop even mean? If I go by that chart, Beerus killing Zamasu enters the present timeline into the Future Trunks timeline instead, so the "old" present timeline is unaffected in a world where Future Trunks never shows up? That Zamasu always arrives in Future Trunks' timeline because he's a version that was split when Beerus killed him and because of the Time Ring is unaffected by Beerus killing him in the Future Trunks' split timeline?

Couldn't find the original video, looks like it got taken down.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
geekdom says it's going to be a dbz proper bluray remaster, 4:3 with improved audio. could they have finally got their hands on the broadcast audio?

plsssssssssss

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
i hope it's not just z, it's fine that's just the first being announced but the original needs a proper release aswell

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Wow I ignored this thread instead of watching it

Shintani style SSJ4
so6wlvwrckj21.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
So, we're finally getting a proper 4:3 Blu-Ray release of all of DBZ, but in a presumably very expensive and limited collector's edition? I'm not even going to guess what the price will be as I already know I won't be able to afford it.

Hopefully DB is next.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
This. He was in no way cooler than Kuririn I'm the ToP. Even if you want to get on Kuririn for his mistake, Ten legit makes an even worse one on an opponent he should have beaten but had to settle for a draw against.
Tien sucked in that fight, and legit lost because he pulled a Vegeta when there was no reason to.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, we're finally getting a proper 4:3 Blu-Ray release of all of DBZ, but in a presumably very expensive and limited collector's edition? I'm not even going to guess what the price will be as I already know I won't be able to afford it.

Hopefully DB is next.
Did they say it was 4:3?? That's pretty exciting ngl.

Regardless of if you care/can afford the anime, the first art book is really exciting I think. I almost bought foreign ones before.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
Tien sucked in that fight, and legit lost because he pulled a Vegeta when there was no reason to.
I know. The saga was hellbent on making Tenshinhan look as incompetent and shitty as possible. I also love how the anime tried to make it look cool by having Beerus praise him for his "noble sacrifice" rofl

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
for a taste, here's the broadcast audio w/ levels blu ray footage:

presumably this release would look and sound even better. bruh

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I know. The saga was hellbent on making Tenshinhan look as incompetent and shitty as possible. I also love how the anime tried to make it look cool by having Beerus praise him for his "noble sacrifice" rofl

I mean, were we really expecting anything from people like Krillin and Tien in the first place? I'm happy they took anyone out.

That's another thing that I found funny was that they had the entire universe for fighters yet all 10 just so happened to be on one planet. lol

Obviously for story purposes and attachment to the characters. No one would want some random nobody from "Planet X" side with universe 7 at the last minute. I guess also because they only had 3 hours and I believe the Supreme Kai said there were only 28 other planets in the universe with intelligent life which I would find drastically low but that's also why.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I mean, were we really expecting anything from people like Krillin and Tien in the first place? I'm happy they took anyone out.

That's another thing that I found funny was that they had the entire universe for fighters yet all 10 just so happened to be on one planet. lol

Obviously for story purposes and attachment to the characters. No one would want some random nobody from "Planet X" side with universe 7 at the last minute. I guess also because they only had 3 hours and I believe the Supreme Kai said there were only 28 other planets in the universe with intelligent life which I would find drastically low but that's also why.
I'm assuming that 28 number is something they won't keep to art all if the ever want to do something with a bunch of universe 7 planets for whatever reason,

But if they do stick to it did vampa count in that 28 number?

So far earth
Namek
Yardrat
The metal men planet that exist according to the universe 6 arc

The capital of the freeza empire?

Vampa?

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming that 28 number is something they won't keep to art all if the ever want to do something with a bunch of universe 7 planets for whatever reason,

But if they do stick to it did vampa count in that 28 number?

So far earth
Namek
Yardrat
The metal men planet that exist according to the universe 6 arc

The capital of the freeza empire?

Vampa?
It was 28 planets with intelligent life, not life in general. No one knew about Broly and Paragus, so Vampa doesn't count.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017

Nobody was expecting them to look the best. But there wasn't any reason to shit on Tenshinhan as much as they did. Him going full Vegeta there made no sense. Wasn't all that good either to have Kuririn gloat over his win while being near the edge of the arena.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'm also interested in the 4 universes that didn't participate in the tournament. 11 has Jiren and Toppo who is a God of Destruction candidate and yet there are 4 universes with power levels way above 7 and 11? We never even saw any of their fighters, just their Kai, GoD, and Angel.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Nobody was expecting them to look the best. But there wasn't any reason to shit on Tenshinhan as much as they did. Him going full Vegeta there made no sense. Wasn't all that good either to have Kuririn gloat over his win while being near the edge of the arena.

I think Krillin getting done dirty was way worse because of his pre-tournament episodes really hyping him up a bit making us think he leveled up a ton. To be knocked off by Frost for gloating was a pretty shitty way to go out, and why didn't 18 react in any way, did she not sense Frost, either?

Also, I think biggest edge of arena fail has to go to Piccolo, sadly. Dude's fighting a presumably invisible opponent and his move is to stand right at the edge of the arena. Good strategy. lol

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
I think Krillin getting done dirty was way worse because of his pre-tournament episodes really hyping him up a bit making us think he leveled up a ton. To be knocked off by Frost for gloating was a pretty shitty way to go out, and why didn't 18 react in any way, did she not sense Frost, either?

Also, I think biggest edge of arena fail has to go to Piccolo, sadly. Dude's fighting a presumably invisible opponent and his move is to stand right at the edge of the arena. Good strategy. lol
Piccolo's was pretty sad, made worse that he seems almost completely stuck with being around Gohan.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
I just rewatched the baseball episode. Like low-key in my top 5 Super episodes, what a gem

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
Outside the Yamcha death joke, it was a hilarious episode. Yamcha getting revenge on Tenshinhan by not inviting him and Goku's slow ball were the highlights

Sep 7, 2018
Oh
Outside the Yamcha death joke, it was a hilarious episode. Yamcha getting revenge on Tenshinhan by not inviting him and Goku's slow ball were the highlights
Oh the episode I watched was with Piccolo training Gohan and at the end of the episode Yamcha was wondering why Goku hasn't come to recruit him for the tournament.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
Oh

Oh the episode I watched was with Piccolo training Gohan and at the end of the episode Yamcha was wondering why Goku hasn't come to recruit him for the tournament.
I enjoyed that episode you're referring to as well. As far as the recruitment arc went, I enjoyed 77-82 (Zen Exhibition), 84 (Kuririn Recruitment), 85 (Fit Boo), 88 (Gohan and Piccolo training), 90 (Goku and Gohan sparring), 94-95 (Freeza revival).

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Krillin wasn't hyped to be powerful or anything like that. His episodes were just to show him getting back in the game, which for him means being the weak sidekick who can kinda help out a little.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The english dub is making the lesbian subtext with Caulifla and Kale even more blatant so far

Oct 27, 2017
Rewatching Kai and Gotenks is the worst thing about buu saga. They saw chichi die and they still play around after that. Makes no damn sense.

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Going through Naruto and seeing the restraint kishi has in terms of not letting key characters watch and react to battles is freaking me out. The fact that Saskue misses all the chunin exam battles (and kakashi missing many) is crazy to me. Times like this is where I really wish he'd pull a Goku and read Naruto's mind or some shit.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Going through Naruto and seeing the restraint kishi has in terms of not letting key characters watch and react to battles is freaking me out. The fact that Saskue misses all the chunin exam battles (and kakashi missing many) is crazy to me. Times like this is where I really wish he'd pull a Goku and read Naruto's mind or some shit.
speaking of, we're due for a story where Goku is absent for awhile, last one was F. Well, I guess you could sorta count the Champa arc with him being on the sidelines for most of the tournament.

Last edited:

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
This is something I'm interested in too - it's never been talked about but the new movie really gave me the impression of him being pretty young when he took over the Saiyans. It would be hilarious if Frieza at that point was basically Joffrey.

I always pictured Frieza as some angsty teenager, only with the power to rule over a universe. lol

Krillin wasn't hyped to be powerful or anything like that. His episodes were just to show him getting back in the game, which for him means being the weak sidekick who can kinda help out a little.

Oh yeah, I still knew Krillin would probably be the first one out, I just thought with his smarts and training he would be more like an assist button for Goku, Gohan, or 18 like in FighterZ using his Solar Flare or something more often at crucial times

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
we need a story where Goku is forced to babysit Pan and it's up to Krilllin to save the day.