• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2017
In better news looks like the S.H. Figuarts Great Saiyaman pre orders are out. Get quite a few interchangeable heads too. Regular Gohan, Dark glasses Gohan, Super Saiyan, and of course the whole normal Saiyman helmet look.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
In better news looks like the S.H. Figuarts Great Saiyaman pre orders are out. Get quite a few interchangeable heads too. Regular Gohan, Dark glasses Gohan, Super Saiyan, and of course the whole normal Saiyman helmet look.
Just got mine ordered. Definitely the best Figuarts offering yet in terms of add-ons.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Supposed manga spoilers
Vegeta gets a rage boost for some reason (not sure why, it isn't clear in what I read) that heals him and nearly knocks out Toppo from the shockwave alone, he then goes after Jiren and knocks him around a bit like in the anime before Jiren beats his ass. Freeza takes out both Toppo and Dyspo at the same time and they ask for help from Jiren and he refuses because they are too weak (so I guess he's an asshole here too). Freeza goes at Jiren in Golden and is shit stomped by Jiren, then 17 detonates, blowing up half the arena and is supposedly dead, similar to the anime. Jiren survives no problem and Goku goes UI at will (???) and Jiren goes into his buff full power mode at the end of the chapter.
If the thing about Goku going UI at will is true then I can't wait to see Toyo's reasoning for it not being in the Broly arc, lol.

giphy.gif

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Toyo dropped the ball with this current arc. Like, I tolerated the man's work before, it was fine and usually enjoyable.

Now it's just plain ol garbage.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I was actually enjoying the Manga ToP before but having no GoD Toppo and no big Vegeta win is completely unacceptable

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well this is going to be interesting, starting the 28th till set 5 release, dragon ball super tcg has banned the ss3 Goku leader card. Next month shall be interesting

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Jiren having to go max power for UI omen probably means the full UI will just stomp him doesn't it?

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ, the way
Toppo and Dyspo
go out is clown shoes material.

Even if you didn't like how they went out in the anime, it was a struggle at least.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Hey guys remember Toppo the God of Destruction that Toyotaro did SO MUCH better because he set up his status as God of Destruction since the first appearance?

Mod Edit: Removed scans

Now try to tell me this isn't a purist fanboy OG wank.

Go ahead. Explain this to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yebele

Nov 2, 2017
Hey guys remember Toppo the God of Destruction that Toyotaro did SO MUCH better because he set up his status as God of Destruction since the first appearance?

Mod Edit: Removed scans

Now try to tell me this isn't a purist fanboy OG wank.

Go ahead. Explain this to me.
the dyspo reaction panel lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Just a daily reminder to why Dragon Ball Super as well as the two movies before it exists because Toriyama has a demanding need to create more Dragon Ball content, but he's too lazy to actually do it himself and instead has hundreds of people trying their best to make his vaguely written storylines work.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly true. The only script he actually wrote was Resurrection F'.

He does "write" the series though.
BoG did technically have a script before he came on, but he altered it so heavily that it might as well be original. The name "Beerus" (which was originally intended to be Virus anyway) and the term "Super Saiyan God" are the only real carryovers.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Goku just being able to use Omen at will really bugs me, but then again Toyo already fucked up UI with how Goku got it. Can't wait for Goku to not use UI at all in the manga adaptation of Broly for no reason at all.
Just a daily reminder to why Dragon Ball Super as well as the two movies before it exists because Toriyama has a demanding need to create more Dragon Ball content, but he's too lazy to actually do it himself and instead has hundreds of people trying their best to make his vaguely written storylines work.
That's not true, according to the staff his outlines are detailed and he also works with them to develop the story, and it's not hundreds of people, not even close.
Not exactly true. The only script he actually wrote was Resurrection F'.

He does "write" the series though.
He completely rewrote BoG, the version of the movie that we got was his.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
The characters don't even have a role in the manga version. What's the point?

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Toyo making a Super antagonist weaker? Well I never.

In the anime, Jiren was maxed against Omen in 129 and only really edge Goku because of Omen's lackluster offense.

Manga spoilers starting to come out
Nothing much so far, Goku goes UI Omen again and Jiren goes into his Full Power state where he gets extra buff, like in the anime, but he still has his shirt on.
Goku also still has his shirt on.

Buff Jiren in the anime was Jiren getting a trauma boost and going past his limits. His 'full power' form was him having the three red auras.

Last edited:

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Smh at not doing Big Toppo and treating him like a chump. That was one the best moments in the ToP for me and he was gone too soon.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
In the anime, Jiren was maxed against Omen in 129 and only really edge Goku because of Omen's lackluster offense.
He still edged out, and then after buffing out he was able to keep up with full UI.
Either way I'm just making a joke about Toyo making the antagonists weaker.

Buff Jiren in the anime was Jiren getting a trauma boost and going past his limits. His 'full power' form was him having the three red auras.
The character design refers to the buff form as Full Power.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
The manga was never gonna do right by Toppo

Toppo started strong in the manga then fuzzed put. Reminds me of another manga character by Toyo.

He still edged out, and then after buffing out he was able to keep up with full UI. As for Jiren being weaker, can't say until he actually fights Omen.

The character design refers to the buff form as Full Power.

Only by a small amount and it was most due to Omen's flaws and Jiren studying Goku when he fought Kelfa.

And the show clearly said Jiren has been at 'full power' since at least 127 since U1 Supreme Kai actually said how would Jiren's full power compare to UI in 130 before he bulk up. So while the character sheets may call it 'full power' it was an over limit form in the anime.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Only by a small amount and it was most due to Omen's flaws and Jiren studying Goku when he fought Kelfa.
Okay?
And the show clearly said Jiren has been at 'full power' since at least 127 since U1 Supreme Kai actually said how would Jiren's full power compare to UI in 130 before he bulk up. So while the character sheets may call it 'full power' it was an over limit form in the anime.
I'm literally calling the form by the only name its been given, so sue me.

Status
Not open for further replies.