Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Pacing aside (which was a real issue) and a wish for better art and animation I thought this was a good episode *shrug*

What blew me is that they didn't knock out Vegeta... only to knock him out again, except this time for realsies. Why did it need to happen twice...

I was certain that it was Frieza had saved Vegeta when his boot actually got stuck on the rock. It seemed like it would have been poetic for Freiza to have helped.

Toei took the meme seriously.
PopularBouncyDragon-max-14mb.gif

I think its more accurate to say that the GIF makers have seen enough Dragon Ball to know how these fights go and Super was just following established formula. I guess its funnier to say Toei copied online memes though :P

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
The pacing is just anime pacing, particularly longer running shonen anime. Instead of attributing it to Super or getting put off by it, you can just say 'fucking anime pacing' and save yourself effort.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Vegeta needs to retire the Final Flash or get more usage from Galick Gun and Big Bang Attack. The ineffective Final Flash spam has cheapened its impact to Getsuga Tenshou levels and it's a real bummer.

It'd be swell if Vegeta actually saved the day instead of Goku, but I know better than to expect that much at this point. If/when he comes back around, I hope the development amounts to something.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This is just bias since the cast 'wanks' anyone who does well. I mean they were sucking up to Vegeta in 122 and 123 for most of the episode.

This was bad even by terrible anime writing standards. Literally the entire end of the episode was just cuts around the arena to everybody monologuing about how cool he was.

And now we get another stupid Goku fight against the worst villain the show's ever had. They could've at least tried to do something surprising or unique. Or even just had the final fight be about teamwork instead of jerking off Goku specifically.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
He should have been done in 5 minutes at most, and this is on top of his already redundant beatdowns in the previous episodes. He should have been done when Jiren defeated him before his blue sparkle transformation. This is bad almost Namek-tier DBZ pacing.

You can make that argument about most fights in Dragon Ball. And calling it as bad as Namek/Frieza's pacing tells me that you're either trolling or you need to rewatched Namek again without fast forward.

This was bad even by terrible anime writing standards. Literally the entire end of the episode was just cuts around the arena to everybody monologuing about how cool he was.

And now we get another stupid Goku fight against the worst villain the show's ever had. They could've at least tried to do something surprising or unique. Or even just had the final fight be about teamwork instead of jerking off Goku specifically.

It really wasn't since it was standard affairs for any character doing well. And everyone was shocked that Goku got UI again so why wouldn't they voiced their surprised and shocked.

Sorry, but your disliked towards Goku and even Jiren to a lesser extent that you complained about something that has been done for several characters all throughout the franchise makes it impossible to take your posts seriously.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Vegeta needs to retire the Final Flash or get more usage from Galick Gun and Big Bang Attack. The ineffective Final Flash spam has cheapened its impact to Getsuga Tenshou levels and it's a real bummer.

I said it before, Galick Gun should be the thing he ineffectively spams and FF is only used when he can charge up for half an episode. Big Bang is in between the two.

Oct 25, 2017

Stop watching.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, but your disliked towards Goku and even Jiren to a lesser extent that you complained about something that has been done for several characters all throughout the franchise makes it impossible to take your posts seriously.

My dislike is toward Goku, alone, getting to win a tournament that was supposed to be about teamwork. A one-on-one finale is the laziest, dumbest way this arc could've possibly ended, no matter who was left.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hold up, this was that "cool Vegeta episode" some staff was talking about way back?

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017

Goku has yet to win a fight in Super. So its not "another stupid goku fight".

We've had teamwork for weeks now (Anizara fight, goku/vegeta vs jiren, goku vegeta AND 17 vs Jiren) and they still got fucking wrecked. Your complaints are invalid.

Goku is Dragonball. Time for the man to get his shine.

edit: forgot about kefla. but still

Oct 25, 2017
My dislike is toward Goku, alone, getting to win a tournament that was supposed to be about teamwork. A one-on-one finale is the laziest, dumbest way this arc could've possibly ended, no matter who was left.
Except Freeza's still there so even though it's a one-on-one fight it's still using the rules unique to this tournament to its advantage

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
This episode would have been a lot better if it was paced better and wasn't 75% looped stock fighting.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Best ending would be if Goku and Jiren punch themselves to exhaustion and Frieza just comes out and pushes the both of them out of bounds.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Time for Goku to get his shine? Dude's had a portable lightbulb on him the whole time

What more do y'all want lmao

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Goku has yet to win a fight in Super. So its not "another stupid goku fight".

We've had teamwork for weeks now (Anizara fight, goku/vegeta vs jiren, goku vegeta AND 17 vs Jiren) and they still got fucking wrecked. Your complaints are invalid.

Goku is Dragonball. Time for the man to get his shine.

Goku's won plenty of fights in this arc alone. But teamwork should've been what won this tournament, not "Goku gets a super amazing powerup that makes him infinitely stronger than the entire rest of the main cast, rendering everyone else completely pointless".

Goku really doesn't need another win. He's been getting them for 30 years. An arc about teamwork should be won by teamwork.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
It's totally going to be Freeza knocking both Jiren and Goku out with a death ball at the same time

Comedy option: Freeza unlocks Ultra Instinct himself

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Man lmao at the initial negative reactions

Episode was LIT

Vegeta going all Rock Lee on Jiren hit hard, the man went out like a real man, because real Men cry when they fail their loved ones

Also, say what you want about Jiren, his design or his backstory, but that fucker somehow has presence!!

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Fuck yessss! I literally raised my fist to the air like an idiot when I saw this. So nice to see Jiren suffering loool. I was rooting for him at first but now I just got tired of his bland personality and the fact he is extremely powerful just because. Goku Blanco is in to save the day! He looked extremely badass at the end of the preview. Those aura effects really improve the overall boring design of UI mastered. Now to wait two freaking weeks...

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man lmao at the initial negative reactions

Episode was LIT

Vegeta going all Rock Lee on Jiren hit hard, the man went out like a real man, because real Men cry when they fail their loved ones

Also, say what you want about Jiren, his design or his backstory, but that fucker somehow has presence!!
That's exactly what it reminded me of, yeah, not nearly as well executed but still. Vegeta and Lee are my favs.
Time for Goku to get his shine? Dude's had a portable lightbulb on him the whole time What more do y'all want lmao
Lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.