Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Sorry if this has been asked, but I am walking in here trying to avoid the posts that might spoil me...so most of them. My son and I are watching the English dub of Super, and...well...the dub won't be done by time this releases. How much are we going to get spoiled on Tourney of Power arc since I imagine this takes place after? (FYI: I've only watched the first trailer).
None

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked, but I am walking in here trying to avoid the posts that might spoil me...so most of them. My son and I are watching the English dub of Super, and...well...the dub won't be done by time this releases. How much are we going to get spoiled on Tourney of Power arc since I imagine this takes place after? (FYI: I've only watched the first trailer).

You'll get spoiled on who wins the Tournament but, this is Dragon Ball, it was obvious who would win right?

But if it makes a difference, Sean Schemmel (Goku's english VA) recommends watching the sub to catch up before the movie comes out.

Last edited:

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking called it ending like that. No way they'd go another direction with how much the fans have responded for decades about it.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I need to know these things

What happens to Paragus
Freeza wish
Is Freeza telling the truth about Beerus and planet Vegeta
What happens to the 3rd wish
Some infos about SSBE or SSBKK... or that the manga forms are used

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beerus is babysitting Bra.
Whis is just dodging Broly's attacks.
Freezer kills Paragus for Broly to turn into SSJ and he gets powned.
Freezer wants to blow up Cheelai's ship but Gogeta stops him.
Gogeta appears in Super Saiyan then Super Saiyan Blue.
Goku and Vegeta fail the fusion several times, both fat and slim version are in the movie.
Bardock rebels against Freezer.
Freezer fights Broly.
The wish of Freezer is to grow 5cm and Bulma's to rejuvenate by 5 years.
Gogeta saves Freezer from the final blow, meanwhile Broly attacks Whis who has fun with him.
Broly is brought back to the planet where he grew up thanks to the Dragon Balls not to be finished by Gogeta.
Cheerai and Lemo will find him, and Goku arrives teleporting.
He brings them home and food from Bulma, and tells them that he wants to see them from time to time to fight with Broly,
Goku says Broly is definitely stronger than Beerus.
There is no ultra instinct, no Kaioken, or Vegeta Blue Evolution in the movie

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Goku says Broly is definitely stronger than Beerus.]

this true?

so both Gogeta and Broly are stronger than Beerus? then I guess UI and Jiren too... dude's going to be into jobber's team soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Man Vegito Blue really must have been OP as fuck if Gogeta is stronger than Broly and Beerus, then again I guess we have known for a while Potara are basically hax

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly, at this point trying to beat Goku/Take over Earth is too much a risk for Freiza at this point. As long as they leave them alone - they will leave him alone

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly, i think there is going to be - The Death of the Gods Arc most likely being the final arc if Super gets a sequel series

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit the reason Broly turns SSJ is savage!

Freeza had a flashback to when Goku turned SSJ on Namek. He concludes that Goku turned SSJ because he killed Krillin.

So what does Freeza do?

He kills Paragus in front of Broly

Oct 28, 2017
The reason for Freeza's wish

When Freeza wishes to grow taller, one of his soldiers mentions "Isn't your brother, Cooler, taller than you?" something along those lines.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

When Freeza wishes to grow taller, one of his soldiers mentions "Isn't your brother, Cooler, taller than you?" something along those lines.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

HE'S COMING Y'ALL
EqualAgreeableBadger-small.gif

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

Cooler's totally coming isn't he. Actually i think it would be interesting if Cooler arrives and Freiza ultimately chooses to side against his brother rather than becoming Cooler's tool

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
Goku says Broly is definitely stronger than Beerus.]

this true?

so both Gogeta and Broly are stronger than Beerus? then I guess UI and Jiren too... dude's going to be into jobber's team soon.

i wonder if you can really trust Goku here. Has he even seen Beerus at full strength?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Post fight spoilers

Goku and Broly are on friendy terms.

Movie ends with Goku introducing himself to Broly as Kakarot

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Tons of misinformation floating around apparently. Someone else is saying Broly being stronger than Beerus is fake.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Why does this thread need spoiler tags? It's entire point is to discuss spoilers. Could have just added a spoiler warning in the title.

Anyway, excited by the Cooler name drop. Would be great if he makes an appearance in the show but it was probably just a fun reference for the fans

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Gogeta is in the movie...same design as M12, Blue confirmed; still waiting to hear about other forms (there are conflicting reports on forms)
No Ultra Instinct
Bardock does have his final showdown with Freeza
Umakoshi confirmed
Hugely positive reactions overall; even critics of modern DB are impressed with the animation
Several Japanese people are saying on Twitter it is the best movie they have ever seen in the theater
Gohan is not in the movie
Movie begins with flashback scenes
In the first scene, Freeza arrives on Planet Vegeta
He immediately starts killing Saiyans with a power level over 2k
King Vegeta sends Broly off to Planet Vampa because his power level is too high
Paragus believes this is because the King wanted the Prince to be the strongest
Paragus follows Broly while Freeza is killing Saiyans
Bardock faces Freeza alone, and manages to push back his attack a bit before being overwhelmed
Cut to the present
After the TOP, everyone is eating at Bulma's; we see the scene from Trailer 1 where Whis asks Goku why he wants to get stronger
Goten and Trunks see Freeza's minions stealing the Dragon Balls on the security cam (not all of them)
Goku and Vegeta go to the tundra place to secure a Dragon Ball (to keep it away from the thief)
Cut to Broly who is stranded on Planet Vampa
Broly is a bit socially stunted due to growing up with only his father
Freeza's ship arrives; Lemo and Cheelye find Broly but they are scared of him because he is a Saiyan; they scout him and their scouters blow up
Broly and Paragus go to the ship where they meet Freeza
Freeza remembers Paragus, and remembers that he has a grudge against Saiyans so he decides to take them to Earth
When they arrive, scenes from Trailer 1
Broly attacks Vegeta first
Broly does not know how to go Super Saiyan so he fights in base for a while
Vegeta is kicking his ass at first (in SSG), but Broly keeps getting stronger
Eventually Vegeta gets his ass kicked, and Goku steps in
Goku fights him, eventually goes SSG and SSB
At first, when he goes SSB, it seems Goku will win
Then Freeza remembers how Goku went SS when he killed Krillin, so he decides to kill Paragus
It's super effective; Broly goes SS and destroys Goku
Piccolo gives Goku a telepathic pep talk
Goku grabs Vegeta and teleports to Piccolo
Piccolo won't give them a senzu for some reason
Goku suggests fusion
This is about the halfway point of the movie
Bulma talks Vegeta into doing it?
The fusion fails 3 times; first they're fat, then they're skinny, then they get it almost right? And then they get it right.
Golden Freeza is fighting Broly and getting his ass kicked
Broly tries to attack Whis but Whis dodges and says he will stay neutral
When Gogeta arrives, Freeza hightails it to his ship
Gogeta vs Broly warps space somehow and they cross into alternate dimensions
Gogeta plays with Broly a bit but massively overpowers him in the end
Gogeta doesn't run out of time
Just as Gogeta is about to finish Broly off, Cheelye uses the Dragon Balls to wish Broly back to Planet Vampa
There's a 3-day time skip
Goku teleports to Broly on Planet Vampa
Broly is chilling with Cheelye and Lemo; he hunts and tries to feed them, but they don't like the spider creatures
Goku arrives and gives Broly a capsule house stocked with food etc.
When Goku leaves, he tells Broly that his name is Son Goku, otherwise known as Kakarot

Full summary