• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gogeta won't appear. Vegeta doesn't even know how to do the fusion dance. Do you want Broly to kill the failed fusion between those two?

Besides, Vegito is the superior version.

It's all but confirmed. It's pretty much confirmed.

Besides, I'm sure there's gonna be some sort of retcon to the Fusion dance that lets it happen while also allowing the fusion to be stronger than normal. Heck it could just be that Goku fuses with a KO'd Vegeta using the Potara ear rings, which allows his personality to take control as opposed to Vegeta's. Or it's some kinda Whis fuckery that allows it. Maybe he freezes time so they can learn the dance lol.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
Lol got 5 replies first thing I thought was oh god what did I post?! I had no idea it was cannon, I was trying to not spoil it for myself too much so I avoided lots of the details. Couldn't resist the final trailer though :P

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Really hope they won't.
The movie even has Super branding while the previous two were Z.

This movie ignores anything the manga or anime teams created for their version of Toriyama's outline

I'd imagine they will retell it to avoid fans asking "Why didn't Vegeta use Blue Evolution? Why didn't Goku use Kaioken? "

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
rxRcZql.gif
THat is some bad cg

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Eh, are people saying the movie is cannon just because we had cannon movies to start super off? I don't think that's enough to call it cannon.
Vegetto has never once beaten a villain. Gogeta killed one of his.

And it's practically confirmed that Gogeta is in this.
I haven't been following the movie. What's the evidence for
him being in this?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
This movie ignores anything the manga or anime teams created for their version of Toriyama's outline

I'd imagine they will retell it to avoid fans asking "Why didn't Vegeta use Blue Evolution? Why didn't Goku use Kaioken? "
That too, Blue Evolved is started to get a bigger presence in merch, I imagine Toei would want to add their original stuff.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope they won't.
The movie even has Super branding while the previous two were Z.

But like the 2 previoues movies, this one is also cannon so it's happening I guess.

The original storyboard for the movie was 3 hours before being trimmed down a bit over an hour and a half. That's about 9 episodes of content, but I imagine they'd add more to it too.

They will defintiely add more like they did with Bills and Frieza arcs. At least is just a single movie this time.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, are people saying the movie is cannon just because we had cannon movies to start super off? I don't think that's enough to call it cannon.
Toriyama wrote this as the next main story to follow the ToP.
him being in this?
Xenoverse 2 update datamine revealed the next DLC is New Broly and Gogeta. An animator also said they were doing Gogeta stuff.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Trailer looks dope. Hope Goku doesn't go UI because fuck that transformation. Straight up makes him invincible. Worst form in DBZ history (not aesthetically).

Oct 25, 2017

him being in this?
I mean, the trailer says it, there have been multiple interviews, literally refers to the last arc at the start of the last trailer. I don't know what more we can give you.

Trailer looks dope. Hope Goku doesn't go UI because fuck that transformation. Straight up makes him invincible. Worst form in DBZ history (not aesthetically).
But it doesn't.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
I was down on this being a Broly movie, because I really disliked his previous characterization. But I am ready to eat crow. This looks fantastic.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready for those new Dokkan cards. That Gogeta is definitely going to be the main of a brand new category, probably Movie Heroes or something.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Am i the only one thats hype that we got the Buu Saga Vegeta Look (mind you in a bootleg way) back for this movie? I thought it was an underrated look (and associated with Majin Vegeta which is my favorite design overall)

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was down on this being a Broly movie, because I really disliked his previous characterization. But I am ready to eat crow. This looks fantastic.
Honestly Broly sucked more due to execution than concept, since Broly was a pretty solid concept from the get go. And since we're ditching all of the previous Broly lore and remaking him from the ground up for this movie, I'm hopeful they'll be able to do it right this time

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Mediocre trailer. I can't help but feel like this movie is gonna be way too short and waste way too much time retreading old ground and showing dumb Bardock flashbacks instead of telling an actual story.

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gogeta cant be canon because it wouldnt make any sense not to fuse every time a universe ending scenario is on the line.

I mean, I'm sure either it won't ever get brought up again because it's Dragon ball, but it's sort of a raging plot hole.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Am i the only one thats hype that we got the Buu Saga Vegeta Look (mind you in a bootleg way) back for this movie? I thought it was an underrated look (and associated with Majin Vegeta which is my favorite design overall)
I liked that design, too. I personally associated it more with Vegeta becoming a more settled person after 7 years on Earth and dressing more like a human than a Saiyan (which GT went with as well). But the real reason he wore it was because he was fighting in the tournament which didn't allow armored clothing. In Dragon Ball Super, the intro implies that he still uses that outfit to train in at Capsule Corp.

KillGore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
-SSG Vegeta looks amazing. Much better than Goku.

- I really hope Gogeta is the one that defeats Broly. I hate how Vegito has been used, without any positive outcome.

-I hope Broly becomes a regular on the series.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I have absolutely zero interest in Bardock and Toriyama's idiotic retcons about him and his wife. Get him the hell out of this movie.

There's nothing to retcon. Bardock special was never canon.

That's like asking a returning JK Rowling to take whatever fanfictions WB wrote about Harry Potter during her retirement into account for her next book.

Gogeta cant be canon because it wouldnt make any sense not to fuse every time a universe ending scenario is on the line.

I mean, I'm sure either it won't ever get brought up again because it's Dragon ball, but it's sort of a raging plot hole.

SSB is so strong it can burn a Potara fusion rather quickly. I don't see Gogeta being able to hold a long fight in God or Above

Also muh pride and shit

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

They don't like fusing and they won't always be in a position to fuse.

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting.
Not even in this movie Dragon Ball gets the quality it deserves, i'm not even mad anymore.
I mean, it's not even bad CG and the movie still has plenty of great hand drawn animation.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Broly sucked more due to execution than concept, since Broly was a pretty solid concept from the get go. And since we're ditching all of the previous Broly lore and remaking him from the ground up for this movie, I'm hopeful they'll be able to do it right this time

Yeah, I'll be happy to get on board with a better backstory. Given how effortlessly all the new characters have fit into the DB world since Battle of Gods, it will probably be an improvement!

But dear lord that fighting looks incredible regardless.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing to retcon. Bardock special was never canon.

That's like asking a returning JK Rowling to take whatever fanfictions WB wrote about Harry Potter during her retirement into account for her next book.

"Goku's mom was actually an anime girl and she's super nice!" is a bullshit retcon. We didn't need her to exist and we especially didn't need her to be the way Toriyama wrote her.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somebody needs to edit CG Goku's head and mouth onto the body of Guts from the infamous walking shot from the CG anime of Berserk