• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
After all of these Cell roastings, I hope the next movie is just Cell coming back somehow and getting an update for all of the battle data he has for the fighters.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Guessing this is going to be like Xrd where getting Blue Goku and Vegeta is going to be an insane grind if you don't preorder the game?

Was wondering if I should just wait until launch day so I could use that 10% off PSN code, but then I remembered how much of a pain in the ass it was to unlock Sin for free.

Edit: Found it, the arcade route is probably going to be a pain in the ass but that's fine. Might just buy it on launch day.

You can unlock characters through Arcade? That's actually really good.

Good luck with that shit though....

I remember Blazblue let you unlock the Unlimited characters by clearing Score Attack with them....*shudder*

It's all gravy until you reach CPU Tager who 720's you standing still

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So, how would I go about downloading the beta on XBO? Didn't download it before and it's not giving me an option

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Guess I'm waiting til Friday to get this on PS4.
If they have the steelbook I might just get that...

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
........damn cell is a combo monster! Auto combo my ass.

Came here to make sure someone posted this. A lot of the tech people have been posting relies heavily on sparking, using tons of meter, using both assists, DHCs, etc... while this is just some raw, actually impressive shit. And it's only day -2... things are gonna get crazy lol.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Any idea if Tien can kill himself woth Kikoho, or does it stop at a certain point? And if he's low on HP does it block him from using more levels?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Toshiyuki Kishi is listed as one of the composers for the game. He worked on Raging Blast's OST and more relevantly, Extreme Butoden's amazing OST.

Came here to make sure someone posted this. A lot of the tech people have been posting relies heavily on sparking, using tons of meter, using both assists, DHCs, etc... while this is just some raw, actually impressive shit. And it's only day -2... things are gonna get crazy lol.
Reminds me of MvC3 at release, where people were being impressed by simple X-Factor cancel combos, while the real dirty stuff didn't start surfacing until later.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah even in the beta, Cell's solo damage output seemed a tad higher than everyone else. But we'll see. These combo videos that don't use 7 bars need to not start with 7 so I know what the meter gain is like.

Abyss

Oct 27, 2017
It's still not Friday and there still aren't more vids of tech with Hit! The wait is killing me

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Or Tournament of Power time. One episode is one minute, like WTH?

Yeah the ToP clock in those episodes just feels so broken. What a long slog of an arc. Has some great highlights though (well for me just Kefla)

You can unlock characters through Arcade? That's actually really good.

Good luck with that shit though....

I remember Blazblue let you unlock the Unlimited characters by clearing Score Attack with them....*shudder*

It's all gravy until you reach CPU Tager who 720's you standing still

I wonder if they are planning to sale an unlock code for the SSB forms and another code for Android 21 so people can skip story mode.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Really hoping my money comes through tomorrow so I can pre-order it. If i'm right on my hunch the Australian pre-load should be up at 10PM my time on the 25th. It honestly feels like we're waiting forever with all these videos popping up.

I even got spoiled on the final boss thanks to a youtube thumbnail and it's not even officially out yet :(

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the ToP clock in those episodes just feels so broken. What a long slog of an arc. Has some great highlights though (well for me just Kefla)

I wonder if they are planning to sale an unlock code for the SSB forms and another code for Android 21 so people can skip story mode.
I'm expecting it. Arcsys usually sells unlocks for story characters for people who don't want to play through it.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yes. In blazblue you could just spend $2 or so and unlock the unlimited character without clearing Score Attack.

They always sell an unlock code for the unlockable characters.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Nice, thinking of getting a physical ps4 version as well (already paid for PC version). Just not looking forward to unlocking Android 21 twice...

Well, there is this... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/dragon-ball-fighterz-android-21-unlock/bvkhg6kzgqhb

Kcs4cU9l.png

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Man, Yamcha and Goku Black were already the characters that weren't in the beta that I was looking forward to most, but this pretty much just cements them on my Day One lab time/team. Really looking forward to messing with a 3rd for that team.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man for anyone that is only watching the English dub of Super, this game has got a few bombshell spoilers they just casually throw around. I feel bad for anyone that gets the identity of Goku Black spoiled. The mystery of that was one of the best parts of that arc.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best part of Cell in this game is how the awkward model animations for them just standing around in story mode looks just like Abridged where they'll just cut back and forth between the same talking footage.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
Man for anyone that is only watching the English dub of Super, this game has got a few bombshell spoilers they just casually throw around. I feel bad for anyone that gets the identity of Goku Black spoiled. The mystery of that was one of the best parts of that arc.

Ha too late. Thats been spoiled for me a while ago. I have only seen the first two episodes of Super when the series started. I've given up at this point but will still watch through super soon.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic OT title! Hype is rising around my circle of friends. This weekend will be busy.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Frieza is definitely on my list for fighters to use.

I was thinking of also including Adult Gohan, I wasn't doing a bad job with him.

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea if Tien can kill himself woth Kikoho, or does it stop at a certain point? And if he's low on HP does it block him from using more levels?

Max tested this last night. You cannot kill yourself with Kikoho nor can you use it continuously when you have really low health. So, if you have less than half HP you can likely only extend it one more time as the rest of your HP will be used up and you'll be left with 1 HP. Meaning when you try to do it at 1 HP, you can only do one Kikoho. You are, indeed, limited by not just meter but also your HP.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Never played this kind of games before but it seems a bit to chaotic and no skill needed. When you enter that combo mode it seems like you only need to bash buttons. Am I wrong?
There are auto combos (just hitting Square or Triangle) but those aren't what Max is doing. He's doing proper combos, hitting the right button with the right timing.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Never played this kind of games before but it seems a bit to chaotic and no skill needed. When you enter that combo mode it seems like you only need to bash buttons. Am I wrong?
Not even remotely close lol

Only certain moves can be strung together, and there's a lot about timing, placement and distance that needs to be taken into account. Just try a demo of any fighting game and try to pull off a 10+ Hit combo by just mashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.