• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Talking about this... Pro runs at native 4k? Looks sharp as hell.
I thought only the Xbox One X ran at a native 4K and the PS4 Pro ran at a custom resolution.

I might be wrong though (going off word of mouth), haven't had a chance to check out Digital Foundry's video yet.

SSJTrunks

Nov 2, 2017
As someone who has never seen a second of Dragon Ball but is interested in the game. Where would one start in the anime? Is it one long thing or are there sequel shows? I don't really watch a lot of anime.

Watch Dragonball Abridged on youtube. It's a parody but it's faithful to the material and removes all the filler

Man, don't let your first experience be a bloody parody. Watch Z in all its glory, or watch Kai if you'd rather remove the filler and get through it quicker. Watching Z allows you to choose which soundtrack you use, and watch it completely uncut (Kai and Super don't have blood). Some people love the Japanese soundtrack, some people love the American soundtrack (I like both but am nostalgic for the Bruce Falconer soundtrack lmao)

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Finally got Dragon Ball Fighters Z, it's extremely fun so far - mainly been playing the Online Modes rather that the single player modes and i am really enjoying it - easily one of the best fighting games i have played in a while. Currently my team is Goku Black/Kid Buu and Beerus but eventually i need to play the Story Mode. Decided to bring out one of my recent shirts - that of Goku vs Saitama Shirt which is currently my favourite shirt.
27023415_1815635368510004_4489500933205461242_o.jpg

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know of a good point character to use? Have my mid and anchor set in place just experimenting with assists and supers for a point.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
That's a awesome shirt GamingNewsGuy!

Glad folks are enjoying the game now that it's out everywhere, hopefully those PC crashing bugs are fixed on release.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Played a couple online matches with Krillin, SS Blue Vegeta and Frieza...really liking this team so far but need to figure out some more synergy with the supers and assists

I really like how simple and easy the game is to get into but when you really start trying to do dope shit it becomes really complex

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know of a good point character to use? Have my mid and anchor set in place just experimenting with assists and supers for a point.

My main is Nappa, but that was in the Beta and I'll crack open the main game this afternoon after work. I feel like no one really knew how to handle him and he can juggle like nobody's business.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else not get any pre-order bonus codes with their UK copy? Thinking of calling up Argos CS here.

Otherwise, I'm very happy I chose this over MonHun World. It looks and plays like a champ(a).

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Hnnnghh my copy is waiting for me at home, but I'm still at work. Tough!

Hopefully they'll add legacy stick support soon, but I suppose me not being able to use a stick tonight will be better for my friend who's coming over, as he normally doesn't play fighting games.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not familiar with what Arena Matches are yet, but is it always this difficult to start one? Seems no one is interested in it at the moment, and I'm just curious on what it is.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Woooooooooow, that is really well edited and there are times where the game just straight up looks like the anime, like I had to watch it twice to catch all the actual gameplay segments (watching in the small embedded window so most likely more obvious when blown up and you see how clean the game is compared to the animation).

Looks fucking better than Dragonball super

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ran up on FSLink this morning in Ranked, lost 1-2. Good matches (GGCLight)

Trying to obtain a Trunks and a Teen Gohan....i feel like you've really gotta be aware of your assist choices in this game or it will dump all over your offense

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That overhead adult Gohan can do when full potential is crazy. I just need time that window to punish super dashes.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Well I picked this up with extra Steam wallet money. I'm pretty lukewarm on DBZ, but love OG Dragonball and hope this turns out to be what MvC:I should have been, a fun tag fighter with good characters and systems.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Goku Black turns out to be about the most fun character to use, they absolutely nailed him. I'm trying to pick out a lock for my third slot (second slot is Freeza).

Do you beat story to unlock A21?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Finally got Dragon Ball Fighters Z, it's extremely fun so far - mainly been playing the Online Modes rather that the single player modes and i am really enjoying it - easily one of the best fighting games i have played in a while.

I wish I could just jump into the online mode and have fun. I get way too aggressive and angry when people beat me several times and does the most impressive combos around. Usually the matchmaking aren't helping here either and I would lose in 8 of 10 cases. xD

Oct 26, 2017
Now that I finally have the game proper, I am digging into training mode and having a ball!

I'm really liking Tien. He's got good one meter-no assist damage, and it's just simple B&Bs. Have some Tien(with Nappa DHC) stuff:

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Unpopular Opinion Time: I think Goku Black's voice being British really fits the charcter - Zamasu is an arrogant, holier than thou charcter who things he is above humanity. It makes perfect sense that his voice would sound posh and sophisticated.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Unpopular Opinion Time: I think Goku Black's voice being British really fits the charcter - Zamasu is an arrogant, holier than thou charcter who things he is above humanity. It makes perfect sense that his voice would sound posh and sophisticated.

I enjoy his delivery of "My very being towers above all...All things." Smug bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.