• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit I wanna play this game now, instead of waiting until after work!
peRBzRP.gif

Onliner

Oct 29, 2017
What channels and videos would you guys recommend for learning, guides, tips etc besides the one in the OP

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
maaaan I set an alarm for after midnight and even went to bed early so I could be well rested to play this as soon as it unlocked, only to find I have to wait another 12 hours or so.

Damn I wanted to play this so badly.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I agree that the story cutscenes should have plaued by themselves. Even if I time the press for the next dialogue, the models glitch out for half a second.

Newnie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if this has been discussed, but has anyone had issues with connecting to people with ring and arena matches

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you can only play this game with internet is terrible. If somehow my internet is out for days, I can't play it because it needs to be connected with the lobby... and I don't even going to use the online lol

But other than that problem, it's an great game. I'm putting Goku Black against Goku, Vegeta and Trunks and their interactions and dialogue are amazing. I can't wait to see the rest of the characters too, it's one of my favorite parts in the game. lol

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it sucks that the online stuff predictably freaked out for launch, but it's super nice to actually have training mode now. Fingers crossed for better luck tomorrow.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw the goku and vegeta VA thing

Why my man chris sabat dressed like a washed rapper

Veggie won tho

all that matters

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question without spoilers please: How is the story mode in this game? Is is kind of disjointed like Xenoverse was, or is it legitimately on-par with things like Mortal Kombat and Injustice? Or somewhere in between?

I'd think a DBZ Fighting game is the perfect kind of fighting game for a MK/Injustice style story mode.

Rudiano

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
They really need to add a "Counter Hit" in the options of the training mode, its ridiculous its not even there

Deimo5

Oct 25, 2017
Is it correct that there are no options for virtual controller in training mode besides having both of them in the center of the screen? That would be annoying, it takes up too much space and gets in your way.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Oh, there is? Thank god.
There's offline, there's no sub-menu. Everything is located within the lobby (hub world) if it makes sense.

Is it correct that there are no options for virtual controller in training mode besides having both of them in the center of the screen? That would be annoying, it takes up too much space and gets in your way.

You can view inputs on the side screen at best.

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
so, I really doubt FighterZ will *ever* get GT content.

- no GT stamps (that I know of)
- no GT characters in the vast list of characters for dialogue (despite names like mighty mask, pamput, king choppa, etc being present - along with newer super characters like dyspo)
- no GT lobby skins (that I know of - and movie characters like Tapion get them)

I'm fairly sure the only representation GT is getting is via Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku, when it drops as an inclusion in the anime music pack in March. Otherwise, the game isn't going to even acknowledge GT's existence.

DLC will just be Z/Super chars

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
First fight online, I get absolutely steamrolled lol

IMO It seems like Goku Blue is better than her SS version, but Vegeta Blue is worse?

Deimo5

Oct 25, 2017
Noctis said:
You can view inputs on the side screen at best.
How you do configure that? I only see an on/off option under info display settings - virtual controller.
ed: If you meant the command history then I understand.
It's just frustrating when they have these options in their previous games and don't include them here.
On a positive note I am happy with Yamcha and want to make him one of my main dudes.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Question without spoilers please: How is the story mode in this game? Is is kind of disjointed like Xenoverse was, or is it legitimately on-par with things like Mortal Kombat and Injustice? Or somewhere in between?

I'd think a DBZ Fighting game is the perfect kind of fighting game for a MK/Injustice style story mode.

im about 2 hours in and it's kinda shit i think

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the worse stories of DB (the first arc is awful, only get better in the second) but the interactions between the characters are pretty good.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having trouble doing the combo tutorials. I'm stuck one the tenth one for rose, the inputs being

square
triangle
circle
circle
qcb+circle
vanish
qcb+R2

For some reason the enemy always pops out of the combo when I try to do the qcb+circle and it misses. What am I doing wrong?

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm having trouble doing the combo tutorials. I'm stuck one the tenth one for rose, the inputs being

square
triangle
circle
circle
qcb+circle
vanish
qcb+R2

For some reason the enemy always pops out of the combo when I try to do the qcb+circle and it misses. What am I doing wrong?

what character are you using, also there is a demo feature to show how to do it

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so again, keeping spoilers out, is the story mode "shit" like in Xenoverse, where the "build up" to each fight is like a 10 second cutscene that comes from nowhere and makes no sense and feels like Marvel vs Capcom 4's story mode, or is it "shit" like how the first two arcs in DBS are shit just because they're not very interesting?

Mainly questioning the presentation -- does it look and act like a real DBZ episode?

To qualify my own statement, I feel like MK9's story mode was a better "video game movie" than literally any other video game movie ever, except maybe the actual mortal kombat movie. And I enjoyed Injustice more than all the modern Superman movies. I'd love it if Fighter Z was that for Dragon Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.