• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
9BfNOO4.png

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
This is like when one of my students shout out "CAN I GO TO THE BATHROOM?" while I'm in the middle of teaching a lesson.

Sometimes you just have to learn that your question isn't going to be answered right now.

Their German twitter answered it, but not in a very informative way. There is mixed messages out there and people want clarification.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
This is like when one of my students shout out "CAN I GO TO THE BATHROOM?" while I'm in the middle of teaching a lesson.

Sometimes you just have to learn that your question isn't going to be answered right now.

Sorry but I can't back you on this one. This is something that should have been answered before class started.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
OK, but that's regular steam update time and many releases have been like that before and likely after. So...
There has been extremely poor communication about the PC version.

All we know are the System Requirements, and that it supports keyboards. Nothing else. We had no beta, we've seen no footage, we have no preload, all questions about the actual release have been ignored EXCEPT Bandai Namco germany basically saying "they don't know".

It's a highly anticipated release and therefore people are understandably frustrated.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Well the host is ignoring the steam questions...sad.

The stream itself is fun and Max is winning haha.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017

All we know are the System Requirements, and that it supports keyboards. Nothing else. We had no beta, we've seen no footage, we have no preload, all questions about the actual release have been ignored EXCEPT Bandai Namco germany basically saying "they don't know".

It's a highly anticipated release and therefore people are understandably frustrated.

Weren't the PC system requirements placeholders until very recently, too? Like I remember when I ordered the game (this month) it still claimed 16 GB RAM haha.

Nov 15, 2017

As someone who bought the Ultimate Edition on PC, this pisses me off. I paid a shitload of money to watch literally everyone else go first.

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So Amazon UK isn't getting me this and MHW until Saturday and now I'm super bummed out. What do I even do with my day?

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Im curious as to why they pushed the game back on PC...I dont understand why they'd do that.
Hopefully it's just a mistake

Not sure why they wouldn't just come out and say "Its coming out at midnight on all platforms" if it was a mistake since every comment under their tweets have to do with asking about PC release

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Kind of sucks at the moment. I could go buy the PS4 version right now and start playing it straight away but I bought the PC version which doesn't unlock until 4am tomorrow. Even though when I prepurchased it the Steam page said 26th, now it says 27th. I'm in Australia by the way.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I read somewhere that Bandai pushed up the release of Tekken 7 to midnight after the outrage on social media. Is this true?

Hopefully theyre hearing us this time too.

Claww

Nov 7, 2017
I might have to actually main Trunks now that I'm getting a feel for his potential. The flips are pretty fuck sick.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps the original listing was a temp/default time? Either way, the last-minute nature and lack of communication does not help.

I'm starting to worry it's gonna be a bad port how often have they never shown anything from a pc version and it ends up being good? Namco and Arc have a good history of ports but there's a first time for everything it's probably fine I'm just cheap and the way they haven't shown the pc version isn't making me think they are confident in the product they are selling on pc.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to worry it's gonna be a bad port how often have they never shown anything from a pc version and it ends up being good? Namco and Arc have a good history of ports but there's a first time for everything it's probably fine I'm just cheap and the way they haven't shown the pc version isn't making me think they are confident in the product they are selling on pc.
MS has the marketing rights so it isn't surprising how they never showed footage of it

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
I read somewhere that Bandai pushed up the release of Tekken 7 to midnight after the outrage on social media. Is this true?

Hopefully theyre hearing us this time too.
If I'm looking at my Steam achievements correctly, Tekken released on Steam like 6 hours before it technically launched on consoles.

So whoever told you that is definitely full of shit.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

This is a foreign feeling for me; the feeling of getting screwed over. Normally I'm a late adopter for fighting games on PC. This my first one at launch. Even with Tekken 7 I waited like 2 weeks after launch.

It blows my mind how horrible their communication is. I guess I am correct in saying obviously their deal with Sony meant they could not show off the game on other platforms before launch. And they didnt want to have beta on PC due to it getting hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.