• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Not too hard. Just need to do some unpacking and maybe use a hex editor.

Installing mods is pretty much brainless though. All you do is drop a file in a folder, it's that easy lol
Oh nice! Some games, like Dark Souls, use a crazy complicated method for using music in their games so glad to know this doesn't. Also, good to know I was right not to pay extra for the special edition which added more music if I can just mod it in mwahahaha.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one can endure the shame of losing to Yamcha. I get more RQs when finishing someone on him than anyone else.

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
I can't figure out when to use assists at all. I get rushed down every time I try to use them to zone. I've swapped out SSJ Vegeta with SSGSS Goku and am doing much better but it feels like a crutch for not utilizing that really good Vegeta zoning assist to help my Ginyu.

Zoning is just a prelude to going in. If you can get them to block an assist, you shouldn't be hanging out chucking plasma- you should be going in and mixing them up.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking of picking up Krillin for my point character, and I'm not really sure where to start with him.
I played him a lot in the beta as an anchor, but I didn't really have any idea what I was doing, and was only winning because basically no one else was playing him so they didn't really know what he could do lol.

Should I end blockstrings in solar flare?

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I can't manage the jumping air dash, any other good pressure tools?

Oct 25, 2017
DVTTcxHV4AA_D5C.jpg
Lmao

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
I finally managed to put some hours into this game. As an old-school Dragon Ball fan, I love the aesthethics and the sheer ferocity of the fighting; I should return to check how DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 has aged, but FighterZ is probably the new king. IMHO it feels much more loyal to the source material than the few last installments.

That said, I can´t believe how unstable the lobby system is. Outside the bizarre story mode, I can´t spend more than a few minutes in any activity without being logged out (playing on Xbox One).

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I need to keep practicing IAD on 1P side, I get it about 6 out of 10 times. 2P side I have no problem with, I get it consistently.

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
I'm thinking of picking up Krillin for my point character, and I'm not really sure where to start with him.
I played him a lot in the beta as an anchor, but I didn't really have any idea what I was doing, and was only winning because basically no one else was playing him so they didn't really know what he could do lol.

Should I end blockstrings in solar flare?

Krillin Point here! Some insight: I'm using Ki -> Kamehameha to end strings, with assists to cover in case the opponent defends. You can use a long stagger assist like Yamcha or Vegeta to mixup with the mirage kick.

Try using the Rock if you have the corner, with assist covering and some nasty mix up's, like Instant Air Dash H -> Mirage Kick L.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Krillin Point here! Some insight: I'm using Ki -> Kamehameha to end strings, with assists to cover in case the opponent defends. You can use a long stagger assist like Yamcha or Vegeta to mixup with the mirage kick.

Try using the Rock if you have the corner, with assist covering and some nasty mix up's, like Instant Air Dash H -> Mirage Kick L.

That's super helpful, thanks.
Can they crouch block the rock, or do they have to stand block it? Either way, is it a case of throw rock in corner: if they block high, go for low, if they crouch block, IAD, effectively?

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought my first fight stick (HORI RAP N) and messed around with it last night, woof. It feels cool, but very different - not that I didn't suck anyway though. I feel like I'm straining my right wrist a bit pushing the buttons, maybe I'm too stiff? Also using the wine glass grip on the joystick since I saw that was recommended. Any tips for learning g how to use this thing?

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought my first fight stick (HORI RAP N) and messed around with it last night, woof. It feels cool, but very different - not that I didn't suck anyway though. I feel like I'm straining my right wrist a bit pushing the buttons, maybe I'm too stiff? Also using the wine glass grip on the joystick since I saw that was recommended. Any tips for learning g how to use this thing?

I learned on SF4, but I went into training mode and did all the motions. Go on the left side, do 20 QCFs. Go on the right side, do 20 more. Until you can do 20 consistently then switch it up for QCB. Then learn your ideal button layout. That is easier in my opinion.

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
That's super helpful, thanks.
Can they crouch block the rock, or do they have to stand block it? Either way, is it a case of throw rock in corner: if they block high, go for low, if they crouch block, IAD, effectively?

They can crouch block it. But it's a nice tool in the corner because it doesn't fade if Krillin is hit by a light for example and the sheer pressure of all attacks sometimes make the opposition frustrated and they may try to press a button. It's not THAT helpfull, but we need to make it do with it. We're not Saiyans.

Another nice thing to do in corner is the Down + S Ki blast while assists are in place. You can back dash + mirage kick, front dash + H + mirage kick, throw another rock with assist 2...

If Krillin has the corner, he can reset and keep the pressure, but mid screen he lacks range in his normals, be careful with you're approach. I use Kamehameha + Instant Transmission a lot to combo to close the gap. After the H from a normal combo, Mirage kick you're way close to the enemy and don't let him go away, carry him to the corner.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

For me it was just a case of practicing with one. It may sound a bit dumb, but you want to focus on the very basics first, so movement, pressing buttons etc. I struggle playing anime fighters/fast paced fighters on stick for example, but I'm fine with SF, Tekken etc.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The stiffness is probably just your hand not being used to being in that position, it'll go away after a while... assuming you aren't actually doing some crazy death grip on it that is. If you feel like you've got your basic motions down you're just going to want to play to get used to using it while under pressure.

RAP N looked cool though, I ended up getting a fighting edge for my most recent stick cause I wanted something thinner but when I see a RAP N on stream I still get a bit jealous of how clean it looks.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will an xbox 360 arcade stick work on PC? Would be nice to use my old one but I'd have to nab it from storage.

Oct 25, 2017
For me it was just a case of practicing with one. It may sound a bit dumb, but you want to focus on the very basics first, so movement, pressing buttons etc. I struggle playing anime fighters/fast paced fighters on stick for example, but I'm fine with SF, Tekken etc.
Awesome, that's what I figured. I spent some time in training last night, I'll probably throw on a podcast tonight and grind out the movement. Thanks!

The speed definitely does make it a bit tough but I learned from Persona 4 Arena back in the day that using the d-pad is rough as fuck on my thumb so I wanna make the switch early.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I have a love/hate relationship with Vegeta's dive kick. Sometimes I can use it to surprise people before they can 2H.......but other times it fucks up my air-combo and the opponent has an opening.

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The biggest improvement they could make to this game in the upgrade when it inevitably comes is giving each character a suite of assists to pick from. Just having more beam or multi-hitting projectile assists would do a ton to open up team diversity.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
They can crouch block it. But it's a nice tool in the corner because it doesn't fade if Krillin is hit by a light for example and the sheer pressure of all attacks sometimes make the opposition frustrated and they may try to press a button. It's not THAT helpfull, but we need to make it do with it. We're not Saiyans.

Another nice thing to do in corner is the Down + S Ki blast while assists are in place. You can back dash + mirage kick, front dash + H + mirage kick, throw another rock with assist 2...

If Krillin has the corner, he can reset and keep the pressure, but mid screen he lacks range in his normals, be careful with you're approach. I use Kamehameha + Instant Transmission a lot to combo to close the gap. After the H from a normal combo, Mirage kick you're way close to the enemy and don't let him go away, carry him to the corner.

This is helpful. I play Krillin as my middle guy and I haven't really found any use for his afterimage kick in combos. I just throw it out sometimes to keep them guessing. I absolutely adore how good his Kamehameha is. Everyone seems to forget he can jump before he fires it too, and it's a really good air combo ender.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm really starting to love Goku SSGSS! At first I hated it, but now that I'm starting to get used to the moveset, I like it a lot. In particular the timing of some attacks is good to confuse the opponent!

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm really starting to love Goku SSGSS! At first I hated it, but now that I'm starting to get used to the moveset, I like it a lot. In particular the timing of some attacks is good to confuse the opponent!
Yeah I didn't like Goku Blue when I messed with him at first either. I might go back and revisit him because it seems like some of his combos have some nice low and overhead mixups in them.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I really need some core training outside of the given modes. My buds are destroying me just watching streamers practice, learning how to extend full combos and whatnot, but I can't watch any streams at work (and when I'm home, I just want to play heh). My biggest problem is missing inputs (getting used to a stick after two years of non-use) and not knowing what counters are safe, which usually ends up with me getting punished heavily. Recently switched up my team to 18/Gotenks/Yamcha and I'm doing a bit better, but I feel I'm missing certain fundamentals that are ensuring my losses.

What are some of the best "training" resources I can find online at this point?

Oct 25, 2017
I really need some core training outside of the given modes. My buds are destroying me just watching streamers practice, learning how to extend full combos and whatnot, but I can't watch any streams at work (and when I'm home, I just want to play heh). My biggest problem is missing inputs (getting used to a stick after two years of non-use) and not knowing what counters are safe, which usually ends up with me getting punished heavily. Recently switched up my team to 18/Gotenks/Yamcha and I'm doing a bit better, but I feel I'm missing certain fundamentals that are ensuring my losses.

Ditto for this

closer

Oct 25, 2017

Look for discords and check out their pinned messages. The reddit has one, for example, and they recently made char specific discords

Rooflemonger makes nice tutorial vids

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still no mention about patches for the matchmaking on PS4?

I really want to devote more time to this, especially since I need to cool off MHW, but something needs to be done.

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
It's dumb, but as someone who printed out power levels all the time as a kid just to have them, I love the names of the ranks, really puts things in perspective. I'm stuck in Android but have no problem repping the best saga in the show.

Jan 15, 2018
How do you stop constant super dashes? DOWN+HIGH sometimes works but it can also be blocked.

2H works as a counter, not as a punish after blocking the super dash. If you block it and your opponent presses a button in the air after it, a 2H should work, but it is not guaranteed. For example, if they are in sparking mode, they are pretty much safe to press buttons after you block the super dash. Mashing 2H in that sotuation will get you hit.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
How do you stop constant super dashes? DOWN+HIGH sometimes works but it can also be blocked.

2H is the main punish, but some characters can beat it with a special move. Teen Gohan's uppercut special is an example. You can also kamehameha/Gotenks Vengeful Shout/other full screen beam to knock them out of it, and reflect after blocking it.

I think the person doing the super dash has frame advantage after it, so there isn't really a guaranteed way to punish it on block.

Status
Not open for further replies.