Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretCharacter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
Disagree'd. Injustice 2, for example, reveals frame data right there in the UI. Most any fighting game tutorial for newcomers will begin with frame data and go into detail about 'safe on block' etc

If he's losing a lot, then we need to offer constructive criticism on what they can improve on

I'm going to disagree again. Yes, frames are important, but there is a sense of applying pressure and then defending from pressure. If you've played a lot of fighting games, then you're absolutely aware of when it's "your turn" because of some opening that the opponent has given you.

I'm not sure if Injustice 2 is a good example of what you're trying to imply, as it heavily involves zoning and gimmicks more than some other fighters. Street Fighter V has a very clear turn structure where it becomes important to learn when it's time to apply pressure. This game is extremely similar. After certain strings or patterns, it's very clear when to apply an offense versus when it's time to act defensively.

That is, unless you're playing against 16, then heaven help you...

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I love the original Japanese voices, specially android 16. I have a crush on her. Sorry Krillin
hqdefault.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

So did someone steal a song off the Budokai 2 soundtrack? The island stage theme sounds like it's pulled straight out of that era of the fighters.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
So for anyone who is scavenging tech, how do you guys go about? There has got to be a more efficient way of doing this than what I'm currently doing.
The lack of a concentrated forum is seriously frustrating to me, I feel like I have to be on top of feeds 24/7 to pick out relevant stuff and that is just not productive in any way. I'm spending way more time trying to get info than I ever have before.
I've just been picking stuff from Twitter. Just look for well known anime players (like LordKnight or NerdJosh) and just go poking around from there.

I wish Dustloop was still active, cause I'm not a fan of doing this lol. It's a pain in the ass especially if you're trying to play a less popular character like Ginyu.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
nice a debate about frame data. That's a debate I won't bother with. I finally finished up my chores around the house so now I can login and have some fun

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone successfully getting into matches on PS4 right now? The wait for even a casual match is taking longer than usual. :(

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Well now I'm pissed because, 1) The game keeps kicking me out of lag-free games for no goddamn reason (this is when I'm lucky enough to even get into one), and 2) I could've had the comeback of the century with Goku Black just now if it wasn't for one dropped input.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it kinda seems like twitter is ruining everything. Really wish people would stick to posting tech to YT/any site that actually makes searching this shit easy.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Well you might not need to block if you knew when it is safe to attack. Sometimes if you're blocking, you're losing
At a low level it's almost always because they or the opponent has over committed though. And pressure strings are really weak at low level, it's better to just block and wait for them to hang themselves.

Jan 15, 2018
I

That is, unless you're playing against 16, then heaven help you...

I need to practice 16 more, I have trouble when applying pressure with him, if you have any tips they are very welcome.

Well you might not need to block if you knew when it is safe to attack. Sometimes if you're blocking, you're losing

No need for frame data there, this game makes it pretty obvious when you can or cannot attack (if you are patient). We are not saying frame data is not important, it is just unnecesary if you are new to a game or fighting games in general.

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any way to have inputs for combo challenges, etc. display L, M, H etc rather than the square, circle, triangle, etc?

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
It's such a terrible system. I'm worried my screen is gonna burn in because I spend so much time standing around in the lobbies like an idiot waiting for nothing to happen.
You can go to training mode while waiting. But yeah the system is trash especially when playing with friends.

Is there any way to have inputs for combo challenges, etc. display L, M, H etc rather than the square, circle, triangle, etc?

Nope. The game is weirdly missing stuff like this, private lobbies, some training room options....

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
It's such a terrible system. I'm worried my screen is gonna burn in because I spend so much time standing around in the lobbies like an idiot waiting for nothing to happen.
One of my major gripes if I can't ever set up or get into a lobby with 3 ppl. It only works with 1v1. And when we back out, it goes back to the "No Room Found" error.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Is there anyway to push back an enemy with a guard/block? Like in UMcC3 with the advance guard
Or hold block and wait for your turn, watching a few grand finals yesterday I saw some insane pressure that even I would be tempted to press a button. In this game you just gotta hold that because if you incorrectly reflect you're gonna eat a huge chunk of dmg.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Adding a quest to "make and play in a ring match" when there's a known error going around that's not letting people join a room is the most Capcpom thing I can think of.

Arcsys really has become the new Capcom, for better or for worse.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
finished super warrior arc story mode...
i still miss two characters, what's up with that?

also is there a list of all the special interaction events? Some of these silhouettes are a pain to recognize!

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone have suggestions of good teammates for Yamcha? For now its the only character that I really trained, have a gimmick Gohan that spam 214+L/M and a Goku that doesnt do much...a video guide could be nice too.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Might just be over thinking it. Just jump when your attack hits an opponent, there's no special timing to it. Easy way to practice is to pick someone like Goku and do 2M > 5M > jump cancel > j.L until it feels normal. Then from there, try doing double jump cancels during air combos.

Worth noting that you can jump cancel on block during sparking too. Don't see a lot of people taking advantage of that yet.
Ok, I'll go try this. Thanks.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone have suggestions of good teammates for Yamcha? For now its the only character that I really trained, have a gimmick Gohan that spam 214+L/M and a Goku that doesnt do much...a video guide could be nice too.

I've been hearing some people saying Yamcha and Hit pair together well.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Or hold block and wait for your turn, watching a few grand finals yesterday I saw some insane pressure that even I would be tempted to press a button. In this game you just gotta hold that because if you incorrectly reflect you're gonna eat a huge chunk of dmg.

Alright, appreciate the tips

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Yamcha has one of the best assists in the game, so he's a great teammate for rush down characters. I actually think keeping him with Gohan and Goku works fine.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/223123807?t=21002s

Skip to 6hr 04 mins a Yamcha made it to Grand finals. He was putting in the work.

Bruh, it's been a few days lol it doesn't work like that.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017

Why would there be? It's been a few days, nobody knows jack shit yet. Any tier list currently out there is useless and educated guesses at best.

I will say I don't think any character stands out as super weak yet. But that'll change I'm sure when we understand the game better.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Had a pretty nice comeback as Nappa. I really need to work on my Vegeta and Beerus though, so many missed inputs. I've mainly been focusing on Nappa in practice mode so far, but even then it's hard to pull any of that stuff of in an actual match.

Also, that win quote was perfect.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, the internet works fast man. lol
Well this is also the first entry with these mechanics, so everyone is still trying to figure out how everything works. Then they need to actually figure out what makes a character good. There's no previous entries or arcade version to draw knowledge from, so it's gonna take a while to form solid rankings for the cast.

Offhand I think Adult Gohan and Goku seem really strong myself. But that could change.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. The game is weirdly missing stuff like this, private lobbies, some training room options....

The weirdest thing is that the game HAS the ability to track and display the arcade stick button options. If you go into replay mode you can turn on input tracking for the replay video, and it displays the inputs as a pair of arcade sticks. So they did the work, they just didn't give players the option to toggle the display.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I need to practice 16 more, I have trouble when applying pressure with him, if you have any tips they are very welcome.
When in doubt hit circle (heavy attack). Its an armored dashup shoulder ram with huge range and mashing it leads to a 3 hit combo. Hell its so good that it made his combo tutorial as its core to his basic pressure options. Outside of that if you get blocked use assist or end in his x button twice because shooting his fists buys you a bit of space or enough time to call an assist to get away and go for grabs.

On a side note Yamcha has the most godlike launcher I've ever seen. Its Kyo Kusanagi's friggin double kick and the range both above him and in front of him with how far he travels is just nuts. This dude gonna AA like a beast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.