Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 17, 2023
qN2GEaZ.png

wl88Nbn.png

Looks like Dragon Ball as a French-Belgian comic

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah this is going to be awesome. I've been wanting more adventure style Dragon Ball again and less finding new levels beyond god Goku stuff.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
OT but I was wondering, is there a way to follow the full story of Dragon Ball in one format only, manga or anime ? I didn't put much attention to the franchise for years but I get the feeling that it's not the case.
At this point, not really. The manga skips some stories that have been animated, but also has its own original story arcs.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not really big on it myself, but the massive amounts of salt this has created is giving me life, haha.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
So it's GT but everybody got turned into a kid this time. I will say that's more interesting. Picturing the whole series like the Justice League Unlimited episode, "Kid Stuff"

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
This looks great. Animation looks fantastic and I think Super Hero proved that DB is at its best when it is lighthearted and fun.

Way more interested in this than an adaptation of Moro and Granolah which frankly, sucked.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
This is clearly harkening back to the adventurous roots of the series and people are complaining that it's not like what they remember.

You don't have to like but y'all clearly need some perspective.
Everytime the series tries comedy and it isn't well received, someone always goes "it's calling back to Dragon Ball". 1. What Dragon Ball did you watch? 2. Intent and execution are different things. Hell, we just came off a comedy Dragon Ball movie that mostly worked.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
How did Marron not get deaged into an atom? This spell is some random shit.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Everytime the series tries comedy and it isn't well received, someone always goes "it's calling back to Dragon Ball". 1. What Dragon Ball did you watch? 2. Intent and execution are different things.
Good thing I didn't mention comedy once in my post then.

And as for execution, Toriyama is more hands on with this than he has been in a long time and certainly than with anything in Super so it's got a better shot than most.

Not to mention the animation so far clears Super and it's not even close.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
This thread is so ultra cringe lmao.
Calling the show 'for babies' and acting like babies yourself.

The show looks super interesting and the animation looks clean.

People crying over the whole cast getting turned to kids don't realize that we wont see them anyway. The leak said we get an all new cast except for Goku and Shin. We'll probably only see the old cast in episode 1 as a story setup when they get turned to kids, and then Goku and Shin will head off to space to undo that.

A trailer with goku and his pole and no super saiyans, with an all new cast and story AND good animation. I'm pretty happy about that.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the leak of Kid Goku and Supreme Kai travelling. Not a fan of this everyone is a kid thing

Save to say Shintani's style is already dead what a shame

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
I think what has me most skeptical about this is I just don't trust Toriyama's creative instincts anymore. I still think we got SS Blue simply because he saw Toriko in Jump and thought that'd be good enough as a new form to slap on the box. Then whatever the fuck Gohan Beast is supposed to be.

One of the villains here just looks like the Oracle Fish crossed with that Frieza Force goober-duo that fused from Yo! Son Goku. The Granoloh Arc felt like it veered fairly Dragon Quest at the time, while this feels even more so.

Also reading Ajay's little notes (big boo's by the way for trying to poo-poo that other insider when mostly everything was correct) saying that a DBS continuation is even more firmly on the backburner now is somewhat fucking insane. Whatever this weird everyone gets turned into a baby and investigates a quantumania microverse story does (that's my slight speculation based on some of that trailer's framing) it's in between all the mad shit with Black Frieza, nothing done with a Universe 6 visit, and still the refusal to cross the End of Z threshold. Thinking back to the end of the Broly movie and wondering where the whole franchise was going and this just bizarre feeling of stasis 6 years on is just so odd.

I dunno, maybe this big dumb chibi adventure will have a point and be good but it's beginning to feel like the franchise can't even fit itself together properly anymore. Which wasn't something I could accuse GT or even Heroes of snapping.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

People crying over the whole cast getting turned to kids don't realize that we wont see them anyway. The leak said we get an all new cast except for Goku and Shin. We'll probably only see the old cast in episode 1 as a story setup when they get turned to kids, and then Goku and Shin will head off to space to undo that.

A trailer with goku and his pole and no super saiyans, with an all new cast and story AND good animation. I'm pretty happy about that.
Do not worry they will be there day 1 to watch the new show and complain every episode that this isn't what they want.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

Vegeta not being in the main roster is a damn shame, but it is a web series so it's cool.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna have to slow down the trailer when I watch later. Was 18 de-aged? At a glance didn't seem like it. But for the Androids, j guess they might not be able to have their age reduced?

red mage

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 17, 2023
Gonna have to slow down the trailer when I watch later. Was 18 de-aged? At a glance didn't seem like it. But for the Androids, j guess they might not be able to have their age reduced?

18 and 17 are are real humans, not robots, so there's no reason for them not to de-age

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
17 and 18 are cyborgs, not androids. It was a mistake that no one corrected.

16 was an android though.

hsojlightfoot

AVALANCHE
Apr 6, 2020
Animation looks nice but turned into kids? Dunno about that. I've not seen too much of this colossal anime tho. Just a few Dragon Ball episodes and maybe a few DBZ ones too.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
18 and 17 are are real humans, not robots, so there's no reason for them not to de-age
They are cyborgs. Modified humans - Jinzōningen in JP.
17 and 18 have cybernetic parts which is the only reason they are strong but they still also have human/organic elements.

Question is, did the non-organic parts shrunk with them?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
If you had told me three years ago that "Orange Piccolo" was going to be a real thing, I wouldn't have believed you.
Maybe, but Orange Piccolo calling his form simply Orange because he looks Orange and doesn't give a fuck is one of the best moments in Super.