ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Neve looks so cool.

Not sure about the skeleton. It has the potential to be great but I'm afraid it's gonna be one of those patented BioWare "humans amirite?" psychopaths. Think HK-47, Shale, Javik...

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
I dunno, replaying DAI, these look pretty similar to the decade old graphics there. Which I mean, is probably more of an engine thing and a credit to the texture quality of DAI.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
Well we already know who will be the most popular

GWAMH-maoAMIsnM
Can I date him

Serious question

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
This game looks gorgeous, I love the art style they've chosen for this one so much more than anything else they've ever done in this series.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Feels like the refresh the art style every release in this series, and I've never particularly loved any of them, but on the tech front at least this one's smooth as hell

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I find that most of them don't look that interesting, but the hair tech is very nice. Harding is already my bae.

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
I don't like the art style. Looks very cartoony
I legitimately, honestly, do not understand how this looks cartoony, I see these comments sometimes, its stylized but no more than like...any other Dragon Age game except maybe Inquisition...? These games have always had a stylized look going back to Origins.
GWAMH--W0AAvzsG

VincentPrice.jpg

Wonder what he sounds like because this is all I see lol
IIRC one of the devs directly compared him to Vincent Price, his personality in one of the books seems pretty close too.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Vincent Price and Skelly are brilliant. I will adore and protect those bare bones with all my might.

Not sure about the skeleton. It has the potential to be great but I'm afraid it's gonna be one of those patented BioWare "humans amirite?" psychopaths. Think HK-47, Shale, Javik...

But I agree tho. I really hope the skelly is weird and flamboyant and not some cynical 'Oh you have flesh? How quaint' type character. These archetypes are shallow and only interesting in brief interactions imo…do something new with an automaton.

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
Vincent Price and Skelly are brilliant. I will adore and protect those bare bones with all my might.

But I agree tho. I really hope the skelly is weird and flamboyant and not some cynical 'Oh you have flesh? How quaint' type character. These archetypes are shallow and only interesting in brief interactions imo…do something new with an automaton.
The skeleton is in one of the books already and unless they swerve his characterization he doesn't speak much, he's more of like....mad scientist's lackey guy? except he's kind? How the Mortalitasi work in Nevarra is they let spirits possess skeletons and corpses and let them work or create art or do whatever they want to do, they revere and celebrate death as a second life so I don't think he will be quirky in that way.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I neeeeed it. I want it badly! DA always has had some amazing diversity in their companion choices, this is going to be the best!

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
He's out there proudly sporting a fanny pack. That boy's definitely flamboyant af

6Wn6iZz.png
Oh, and does it have sacks and scrolls stashed up its ribcage?? Love that detail

The skeleton is in one of the books already and unless they swerve his characterization he doesn't speak much, he's more of like....mad scientist's lackey guy? except he's kind? How the Mortalitasi work in Nevarra is they let spirits possess skeletons and corpses and let them work or create art or do whatever they want to do, they revere and celebrate death as a second life so I don't think he will be quirky in that way.
Cool! I am on board with that kind of characterization.

Trigger